Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Move over DC31.. BLACK & DECKER Dustbuster Flexi

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

Move over DC31.. BLACK & DECKER Dustbuster Flexi
Original Message   Sep 11, 2009 6:17 pm
Replies: 28 - 37 of 92Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Move over DC31.. BLACK & DECKER Dustbuster Flexi
Reply #28   Sep 13, 2009 6:04 am
Hello retardturtle1 wrote:
HI CARMINE

Not a problem...consider it done ...as thats where i go to hang out at first then its off to electronics.....but such a shame to trash a beautiful work of art.......the girl that is.

Married less than 2 yrs..first time -no kids ..either of us...all still new to me ...but my wonderful wife always seems to bring me back to reality Carmine.

turtle1

Hello 'turtle1'

Happy Wife, happy life.  In all things including vacuums!

It's silly that a woman would pose with a dyson handheld in a weapon like stance almost like a trophy.  Clever marketing strategy, perhaps.  Most women loath the earlier DC16 tool-like hand held design, limited clean-ups due to the short run time constraints, noise etc.  More a man's toy but very impratical for most men, especially handy men, due to the short run time [5 minutes] and too high prices [$150-$200].   After 3 years most manufacturers would address all these shortcomings/issues in the new redesign and models, especially at the higher prices.  But dyson's DC30/31 leaves me with many doubts.  More importantly, I shared my dear Wife's perspective on the DC16 in the past.  Persuading her now on the DC30/31 would be a HARDSELL at the current prices.  More likely an impossibity.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 13, 2009 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #29   Sep 13, 2009 8:28 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello 'turtle1'

It's silly that a woman would pose with a dyson handheld in a weapon like stance almost like a trophy.  Clever marketing strategy, perhaps.  Most women loath the earlier DC16 tool-like hand held design, limited clean-ups due to the short run time constraints, noise etc.  More a man's toy but very impratical for most men, especially handy men, due to the short run time [5 minutes] and too high prices [$150-$200].   After 3 years most manufacturers would address all these shortcomings/issues in the new redesign and models, especially at the higher prices.  But dyson's DC30/31 leaves me with many doubts.  More importantly, I shared my dear Wife's perspective on the DC16 in the past.  Persuading her now on the DC30/31 would be a HARDSELL at the current prices.  More likely an impossibity.

Carmine D.

Your wife must be an EASYSALE.  Why else would she marry you?
CarmineD

Reply #30   Sep 13, 2009 8:45 am
Simple HS:  3 Reasons:  Faith, Hope and Love.  All of which are priceless, like my dear Wife.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #31   Sep 13, 2009 9:32 am
CarmineD wrote:
Simple HS:  3 Reasons:  Faith, Hope and Love.  All of which are priceless, like my dear Wife.

Carmine D.

So true Carmine.  Nothing better than a loving wife, kids, family and friends.  All the material things just do not compare.

Venson

Reply #32   Sep 13, 2009 4:09 pm
The new B&D "Flex" (FHV1200) is, after all, available. Price run, as far as I've discovered, is 70 to 90 bucks and the FHV1200's ace in the hole is its dishwasher safe filter. Mind you, I am sure that there are those who quake at the thought of using the family diswasher to clean a vacuum filter but it sounds nice to me. The B&D link follows. Be sure to click on the "View All Photos" link.

http://www.blackanddecker.com/productguide/product-details.aspx?productid=21410&toolview=5#

The following link is for price verification only:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-FHV1200-Flex-Vac/dp/B002FQJW4W/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1252871173&sr=1-18

Venson
This message was modified Sep 13, 2009 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #33   Sep 13, 2009 8:33 pm
Hi Venson:

$70-$90 for the B&D Flex:  Excellent price, thanks for the info.  Don't even need the lovely lady come with for that price.  AND I can buy it without the War Department's approval. 

Carmine D.

Acerone

Reply #34   Sep 13, 2009 8:49 pm
Yes, Best Buy has it on sale this week..
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #35   Sep 14, 2009 12:16 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello 'turtle1'

It's silly that a woman would pose with a dyson handheld in a weapon like stance almost like a trophy.  Clever marketing strategy, perhaps.  ...

Carmine D.

I don't know if you're a James Bond fan, but James "the inventor" Dyson, sometimes reminds me of Q.  If James is going along with the charade, the girl is merely pretending to be a Bond girl with gun and all. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #36   Sep 14, 2009 6:39 am
Acerone wrote:
Yes, Best Buy has it on sale this week..

THAnks, Ace.  I'll check it out.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #37   Sep 14, 2009 6:41 am
Severus wrote:
I don't know if you're a James Bond fan, but James "the inventor" Dyson, sometimes reminds me of Q.  If James is going along with the charade, the girl is merely pretending to be a Bond girl with gun and all. 

Hello SEVERUS:

By gosh.... I think you've got!  Yes, I think you've got it!

Bond fan with Sean Connery as Bond!

Carmine D.

Replies: 28 - 37 of 92Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42