Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > What makes the vacuum cleaner inustry so important?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
procare

What makes the vacuum cleaner inustry so important?
Original Message   Sep 4, 2009 1:20 pm
Since I have been coming to this site I have seen bickering about Dyson, Hoover and a few other brands. But to me it is why is this industry important and why all the different brands and models. My feeling is that they are necessary to maintain a way of life. Cleanliness, health, and just plain keeping everything nice. We started with dirt floors, went to rock and wood floors. Floors were kept up with brooms for hundreds of years. With the advent of electricity the vacuum cleaner came along  with elecrtic motors.

Just so you know , I am aware of the types of early sweepers from the late 1800's.

So the question I put to you is why is it so important to be a bagless society of Dyson? Why Bagged? Why a particular brand over another? Give me and anyone that comes to this site some answers as to why and how is one better than another?

I am watching and listening.                                                                  Procare           54 years in the business and still going strong.

Replies: 62 - 71 of 149Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: What makes the vacuum cleaner inustry so important?
Reply #62   Sep 8, 2009 5:53 pm
Like I said HS, if you want two vacuums for the price of one and have medium to high carpets, and want a large bagged lightweight vacuum and want to buy from a big box retailer:  HOOVER bagged platinum is the brand/model.  Wal*Mart has on sale for $299.  But you better buy quick, the price is sure to rise once word of the CR ratings spead.

Assuming all the same facts above but you have low to medium pile carpet, ORECK is the brand. 

If you want to shop at an Indy and all the above facts the same, then SIMPLICITY/RICCAR is the brand.  I rate these a tad better than ORECK and head and shoulders over the HOOVER bagged Platinum.

It's really up to you.  Since you don't like ORECK, and HOOVER is stuck in your craw, I'd recommend an Indy. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 8, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #63   Sep 8, 2009 5:53 pm
WRT the extra identical posts, I surmise that this Site is familiar with you and knows you are obtuse and wants to be sure you get the message right.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 8, 2009 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #64   Sep 8, 2009 6:08 pm
CarmineD wrote:
If you're holding down trees HS!  Great vacuums if you have top of the line looped medium pile Mohawk wool, like me.  And my KIRBY doesn't have a self-propel feature.  But it does have an excellent rug height adjustment.

Carmine D.

No disagreement here.  The height adjustment is the best IMO.

Other then the 3 posts that followed this is one of you most sensible posts. 

HARDSELL

Reply #65   Sep 8, 2009 6:08 pm
This message was modified Sep 8, 2009 by HARDSELL
HARDSELL

Reply #66   Sep 8, 2009 6:08 pm
HARDSELL

Reply #67   Sep 8, 2009 6:09 pm
HARDSELL

Reply #68   Sep 8, 2009 6:09 pm
HARDSELL

Reply #69   Sep 8, 2009 6:09 pm
HARDSELL

Reply #70   Sep 8, 2009 6:09 pm
HARDSELL

Reply #71   Sep 8, 2009 7:09 pm
Carmine,

You had 3 blank responses (edited out)when I posted.  They disappeared and my post logged in numerous times.  I think a bug other than you has entered my computer.

Replies: 62 - 71 of 149Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42