Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > What makes the vacuum cleaner inustry so important?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
procare

What makes the vacuum cleaner inustry so important?
Original Message   Sep 4, 2009 1:20 pm
Since I have been coming to this site I have seen bickering about Dyson, Hoover and a few other brands. But to me it is why is this industry important and why all the different brands and models. My feeling is that they are necessary to maintain a way of life. Cleanliness, health, and just plain keeping everything nice. We started with dirt floors, went to rock and wood floors. Floors were kept up with brooms for hundreds of years. With the advent of electricity the vacuum cleaner came along  with elecrtic motors.

Just so you know , I am aware of the types of early sweepers from the late 1800's.

So the question I put to you is why is it so important to be a bagless society of Dyson? Why Bagged? Why a particular brand over another? Give me and anyone that comes to this site some answers as to why and how is one better than another?

I am watching and listening.                                                                  Procare           54 years in the business and still going strong.

Replies: 44 - 53 of 149Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: What makes the vacuum cleaner inustry so important?
Reply #44   Sep 8, 2009 6:49 am
HARDSELL wrote:
I must also be a genius.  Never looked at the manual in the store.  I knew what the removable u-bend was for.  I wouldn't be surprised if your wife showed you how to make the repair.

Oreck could take a lesson from Dyson.  One of the biggest complaints is clogging.  Of course that would take away repairs from the Oreck stores.

HS:

Soon after the launch and encountering the problems with the u-bend air-ways dyson redesigned and refitted the piece.  I hear that most store personnel left the piece in the box not knowing what/where it was to go.  Apparently you and I are not the usual dyson customers.    Perhaps the reason we don't use dysons anymore.

Point of fact, the ORECK store repairs all makes but declines dysons for the most part telling customers to mail back to dyson.  That to me is the epitomy of the ORECK model besting dyson's business model and rubbing dyson's face oin it.  When ORECK dictates dyson repairs.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #45   Sep 8, 2009 7:49 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

Soon after the launch and encountering the problems with the u-bend air-ways dyson redesigned and refitted the piece.  I hear that most store personnel left the piece in the box not knowing what/where it was to go.  Apparently you and I are not the usual dyson customers.    Perhaps the reason we don't use dysons anymore.

Point of fact, the ORECK store repairs all makes but declines dysons for the most part telling customers to mail back to dyson.  That to me is the epitomy of the ORECK model besting dyson's business model and rubbing dyson's face oin it.  When ORECK dictates dyson repairs.

Carmine D.

Millions of Dysons sold and you know the history of them all.  Amazing for one who was not intelligent enough to tell Hoover to buy into Dyson.

Does it matter what brand is repaired?  Profit is profit.  Most likely the Oreck stores are so busy with Oreck repairs that they do not have time to work on other brands.
CarmineD

Reply #46   Sep 8, 2009 9:04 am
HS:

ORECK still in your craw.  Again, I have to repeat myself for your benefit.  80 percent of the vacuum parts and repairs of the ORECK stores are non-ORECK. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #47   Sep 8, 2009 9:21 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

ORECK still in your craw.  Again, I have to repeat myself for your benefit.  80 percent of the vacuum parts and repairs of the ORECK stores are non-ORECK. 

Carmine D.

Since they do not repair Dyson we know that all the others need lots of repairs.
mole

Reply #48   Sep 8, 2009 9:34 am
Lets see now just overhaulded a kirby ultimate G.

New brush roll

New fan kit

belt

carbons with holders

front and rear bearings

new switch

bulb

bag tube

front and rear wheels

lower handle fork with cord clip

Complete motor and transmission service, comes with 3 year parts and labor warranty. TOTAL COST,285.00 will have for another 20 years.Or new dyson every 5 years for 500 plus Can you do the math H.S. Plus they have something that really does the job.Not some high tech toy that no one wants to work on.

regards

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #49   Sep 8, 2009 12:24 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Since they do not repair Dyson we know that all the others need lots of repairs.

HS:

All vacuums need repairs, parts and a look over from time to time.  Even the 2 year old dyson that you sold with still one year left on the BEST BUY extended service plan and product replacement.  The one year you paid $19 for since dyson gave you the first 2 years with the purchase but you decided to pay BB extra for them again.  Smart!  I got your sign.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #50   Sep 8, 2009 12:30 pm
mole wrote:
Lets see now just overhaulded a kirby ultimate G.

New brush roll

New fan kit

belt

carbons with holders

front and rear bearings

new switch

bulb

bag tube

front and rear wheels

lower handle fork with cord clip

Complete motor and transmission service, comes with 3 year parts and labor warranty. TOTAL COST,285.00 will have for another 20 years.Or new dyson every 5 years for 500 plus Can you do the math H.S. Plus they have something that really does the job.Not some high tech toy that no one wants to work on.

regards

MOLE

How many years was the Kirby in use to need so much repair?  Must have seen some hard use.

I have not said that Kirby isn't a good machine. I do think they are a pain in the neck to use though.

CarmineD

Reply #51   Sep 8, 2009 12:32 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
How many years was the Kirby in use to need so much repair?  Must have seen some hard use.

I have not said that Kirby isn't a good machine. I do think they are a pain in the neck to use though.

No more so than your fave brand.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #52   Sep 8, 2009 12:56 pm
CarmineD wrote:
No more so than your fave brand.

Carmine D.

You have told us that you could not use the Dyson on your builder grade carpets.  You do not own a Kirby.

Tell us more when you have experience and not an opinion.

CarmineD

Reply #53   Sep 8, 2009 12:59 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
You do not own a Kirby.

Tell us more when you have experience and not an opinion.

I do own a KIRBY. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 44 - 53 of 149Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42