Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Lucky1

Hybrid Vacuums
Original Message   Sep 7, 2009 2:27 pm
Not sure if this was mentioned yet:

http://www.gizmag.com/miele-hybrid-vacuum-cleaner/12680/

Is there really a market for a plug/battery vacuum?

Not sure how I feel about it yet. I mean who hasn't cussed the vacuum when the plug fell out but worth additional cost....
Replies: 26 - 35 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mole

Re: Hybrid Vacuums
Reply #26   Sep 9, 2009 8:35 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi procare,

It's a shame they didn't continue working on the idea. People are now looking to bring it back. The correct terminology escapes me just this minute but the possibility of wirelessly run appliances is being explored.

I don't know whether there are safety issues as some claim that there are health threats in exposure to magnetic fields, etc.

Best,

Venson

Hi procare

You just taught me something thanks

Do you remember the transmitter that music and sound tried to market for its central systems,it eliminated the low volt wire run along the tubing, I believe it mounted on the hose handle. It sounded like a good set up

but i never heard of any one using or even selling this device.Maybe they are tucked away somewhere in some warehouse,I think the biggest obstacle was that the signal would not go through concrete.

regards

MOLE
vacmanuk

Reply #27   Sep 10, 2009 7:07 pm
Actually in the late 1980's I recall Electrolux UK had a Contour upright that had a replacement battery pack on it and solely ran on cordless power. Needless to say it wasn't very powerful and it didn't sell well. I'm not to sure where Miele want to go with this. They've already cornered the market with longer extension adapters on their hoses, why both making a whole new vacuum? They should just invent a battery clad grate with wheels where a standard existing design can be taped on the underside and all the owner does it plug the main power socket of the vacuum into the grate underneath? Or how about a Miele backpack idea without a cord?
retardturtle1

Reply #28   Sep 10, 2009 7:57 pm
procare wrote:
Turtle,

Keep It Simple Stupid is the most common meaning of K.I.S.S.

procare

now i remember....thanks

turtle1

retardturtle1

Reply #29   Sep 10, 2009 9:11 pm
Venson wrote:
I vacuum my bathroom floor all the time before mopping or steam cleaning. I also use the vacuum to dust the top of light fixtures, the mirror, the woodwork on the window and door. Nonetheless, I do not vacuum the sink counter.

Please note that I also first check to be sure there is no moisture on the floor or under my old-fashioned footed tub before I begin. I am not worried over electrical shock as much as I am about messing up the vacuum.

Venson

HI VENSON

My wife usually sweeps out onto hallway carpet..dusts all by hand then does deep cleaning....and mops by hand with bucket, same in kitchen..twice a wk ...kinda old fashioned  -very ocd-   but i figure why ask why......i just go with the flow...stay outta her way.. i cant think of any 30 yro that do it that way still......

turtle1

This message was modified Sep 10, 2009 by retardturtle1
CarmineD

Reply #30   Sep 11, 2009 6:48 am
Battery powered vacuums is the next frontier for the vacuum industry.  I said this when Westinghouse intro'ed its cordless full size upright [actually with the WH brand name but sourced].  Same same.  As battery technology improves so will the cordless powered vacuum products.

Carmine D.

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #31   Sep 11, 2009 10:30 am
fyi

http://resources.bnet.com/topic/fuel+cell+and+hydrogen.html

MANHATTAN SCIENTIFICS TO DEVELOP FUEL CELL POWERED VACUUM CLEANER PROTOTYPE.
Manhattan Scientifics, Inc. MHTX of New York announced that it has entered into a joint agreement with Electrolux LLC and Lunar Design, Inc. to develop an evaluation prototype of a fuel cell powered vacuum cleaner for the home. Manhattan Scient Manhattan Scientifics,...

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Venson

Reply #32   Sep 11, 2009 10:40 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
HI VENSON</p><p>My wife usually sweeps out onto hallway carpet..dusts all by hand then does deep cleaning....and mops by hand with bucket, same in kitchen..twice a wk ...kinda old fashioned  -very ocd-   but i figure why ask why......i just go with the flow...stay outta her way.. i cant think of any 30 yro that do it that way still......<BR></p><p>turtle1

Hi turtle1,

No big deal. She probably finds, as a lot of people do, that it's faster for her especially if she doesn't have a lot area to cover. Lots of people get on quite well only using their vacuums for floors. Please note that I don't pull the vac out just to do the bath but if I am already cleaning to me it's just as simple to use my vacuum in place of the broom.

Also, I've hated teeshirts since I was a kid and in a household of one I never have enough old and used ones around to make for a steady supply of dust cloths.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #33   Sep 11, 2009 1:08 pm
Hello SEVERUS:

Thanks for the info and link.  Very interesting.  Nice to see Electrolux as a main partner/participant along with others to bring the prototype to market.  I'm convinced that the best and most useful technological developments and products are the result of joint efforts among different disciplines/fields/product makers in concert for a common good/goal. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #34   Sep 11, 2009 1:12 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi turtle1,

Also, I've hated teeshirts since I was a kid and in a household of one I never have enough old and used ones around to make for a steady supply of dust cloths.

Venson

Hi Venson:

Old socks with the tube part cut off and put over your hand/lower arm work pretty well too.  With dusting/painting etc.  I am OCD.

Carmine D.

Trebor

Reply #35   Oct 22, 2009 11:58 am
Electrolux has dabbled in cordless vacuums since the 1205.

They also had a hydrogen powered prototype in 2000.

Battery technology is still not there for full, long-running, fade free power

Replies: 26 - 35 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42