Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Lucky1

Hybrid Vacuums
Original Message   Sep 7, 2009 2:27 pm
Not sure if this was mentioned yet:

http://www.gizmag.com/miele-hybrid-vacuum-cleaner/12680/

Is there really a market for a plug/battery vacuum?

Not sure how I feel about it yet. I mean who hasn't cussed the vacuum when the plug fell out but worth additional cost....
Replies: 16 - 25 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Lucky1

Re: Hybrid Vacuums
Reply #16   Sep 8, 2009 4:38 pm
Venson wrote:
Of course it's safe. As with battery-powered tools, drills, saws, etc., the battery option should alleviate any worries over needing to be grounded outdoors or in household situations where there's a high-moisture environment.<BR><BR>Venson

Hey! No fair helping the witness!
DysonInventsBig

Reply #17   Sep 8, 2009 4:49 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
  Is it safe or not to use this vacuum in a bathroom?<BR><BR>DIB

Lucky1 wrote:
I give up...Is It safe? I have the ability for rational thought and have my own conclusion....but What is your deduction?

“Eye for detail” hardly conveys safety.  Carmine and others often criticize Dyson for not using K.I.S.S. and often nit-pick the Dyson posters comments here is his and other non-Dyson posters favorite[s] past time.  I thought it humorous to see the tired industry launch a novel or safe/er, Rube Goldberg-like vacuum and then Carmine’s observation and description does not state the obvious...  that is, the words “safe”, “safer”, “safely” are not mentioned.

Electrocution is not funny, although a nit-picking dealer who cannot succinctly promote stand-out features is. 

DIB  
This message was modified Sep 8, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #18   Sep 8, 2009 5:37 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
“Eye for detail” hardly conveys safety.  Carmine and others often criticize Dyson for not using K.I.S.S. and often nit-pick the Dyson posters comments here is his and other non-Dyson posters favorite[s] past time.  I thought it humorous to see the tired industry launch a novel or safe/er, Rube Goldberg-like vacuum and then Carmine’s observation and description does not state the obvious...  that is, the words “safe”, “safer”, “safely” are not mentioned.

Electrocution is not funny, although a nit-picking dealer who cannot succinctly promote stand-out features is. 

DIB  

Hello DIB:

When the most obvious has to be explained by answring questions, it loses it's effect.  But as a person who always asks soup questions, I would expect nothing more from you and you never disappoint me.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #19   Sep 8, 2009 6:09 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

When the most obvious has to be explained by answring questions, it loses it's effect.  But as a person who always asks soup questions, I would expect nothing more from you and you never disappoint me.

Carmine D.

Hey Carmine,

Your practice of making the simplicity of owning, operating and maintaining a Dyson overly-complicated and overly-expensive has spilled over into your other conversations.

When it comes to introducing or talking-up safety products (I believe this Miele solves problems few have), mentioning safety and/or that it’s exclusive only to Miele seems prudent.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #20   Sep 9, 2009 6:57 am
DIB:

500 engineers made dysons complicated to use and maintain.  Not me.  MIELE is probably the simplist and easiest vacuum product on the market to brake down and repair.  IMMER BESSER.

Carmine D.

procare

Reply #21   Sep 9, 2009 11:17 am
Back in the early 60's a prototype unit of the  Model G  Electrolux came out with a receving unit in place of a cordwinder and a small sending unit you plug into the wall . As long as you were in 50 ft of the plugged in sending unit the cleaner would run.It made for an impressive showing of the unit, problem was the cost to bring it out. As I was told it would retain full power because it was not battery powered. The unit was taken out in the field in various locations in the U.S. to see people's reaction. The price at the time of the cleaner was $149.95 with the sending and receiving unit an additional $1000 +.

Procare

Venson

Reply #22   Sep 9, 2009 11:33 am
procare wrote:
Back in the early 60's a prototype unit of the  Model G  Electrolux came out with a receving unit in place of a cordwinder and a small sending unit you plug into the wall . As long as you were in 50 ft of the plugged in sending unit the cleaner would run.It made for an impressive showing of the unit, problem was the cost to bring it out. As I was told it would retain full power because it was not battery powered. The unit was taken out in the field in various locations in the U.S. to see people's reaction. The price at the time of the cleaner was $149.95 with the sending and receiving unit an additional $1000 +.</p><p>                                                                                    Procare

Hi procare,

It's a shame they didn't continue working on the idea. People are now looking to bring it back. The correct terminology escapes me just this minute but the possibility of wirelessly run appliances is being explored.

I don't know whether there are safety issues as some claim that there are health threats in exposure to magnetic fields, etc.

Best,

Venson
retardturtle1

Reply #23   Sep 9, 2009 12:59 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

DIB  

Whats KISS mean?....i never thought about vacuuming the restroom...to each his own i guess.

turtle1

Venson

Reply #24   Sep 9, 2009 2:08 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
Whats KISS mean?....i never thought about vacuuming the restroom...to each his own i guess.<BR></p><p>turtle1

I vacuum my bathroom floor all the time before mopping or steam cleaning. I also use the vacuum to dust the top of light fixtures, the mirror, the woodwork on the window and door. Nonetheless, I do not vacuum the sink counter.

Please note that I also first check to be sure there is no moisture on the floor or under my old-fashioned footed tub before I begin. I am not worried over electrical shock as much as I am about messing up the vacuum.

Venson
procare

Reply #25   Sep 9, 2009 8:19 pm
Turtle,

Keep It Simple Stupid is the most common meaning of K.I.S.S.

Replies: 16 - 25 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42