Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > What makes the vacuum cleaner inustry so important?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
procare

What makes the vacuum cleaner inustry so important?
Original Message   Sep 4, 2009 1:20 pm
Since I have been coming to this site I have seen bickering about Dyson, Hoover and a few other brands. But to me it is why is this industry important and why all the different brands and models. My feeling is that they are necessary to maintain a way of life. Cleanliness, health, and just plain keeping everything nice. We started with dirt floors, went to rock and wood floors. Floors were kept up with brooms for hundreds of years. With the advent of electricity the vacuum cleaner came along  with elecrtic motors.

Just so you know , I am aware of the types of early sweepers from the late 1800's.

So the question I put to you is why is it so important to be a bagless society of Dyson? Why Bagged? Why a particular brand over another? Give me and anyone that comes to this site some answers as to why and how is one better than another?

I am watching and listening.                                                                  Procare           54 years in the business and still going strong.

Replies: 16 - 25 of 149Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mole

Re: What makes the vacuum cleaner inustry so important?
Reply #16   Sep 5, 2009 9:32 am
Got to stay in shape for the ladies  At least you wont get tired chasing them around at the spa,

B.T.W tried the angus burger at mickys last night,not bad for 4 bucks but should throw in fries and coke just to sweeten the deal.I still think wendys beats them for value.

Did you run summer hours when you had your shop?. I am really thinking hard about bringing some one in to take over the helm. After 37 years of this stuff  it not work anymore but something to do.

Know anyone that can be the next vacuum guru...............

regards

MOLE

HARDSELL

Reply #17   Sep 5, 2009 11:40 am
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine,im really surprised that the belts/clutch were still O.K. Think they will still be your friends when the clutch/belts have to be replaced . If i were you i would just

tell them i had to make many changes to your dc07 while repairing it,and turned it into an ORECK.

They will thank you and treat you at micky D's on top of  the itialian food.MMMMMMMMMM FOOD................

regards

MOLE

Maybe he should give her an Oreck.  Then he can visit several times a year to replace belts, brush rolls and unclog it.

HARDSELL

Reply #18   Sep 5, 2009 11:41 am
mole wrote:
Got to stay in shape for the ladies  At least you wont get tired chasing them around at the spa,

B.T.W tried the angus burger at mickys last night,not bad for 4 bucks but should throw in fries and coke just to sweeten the deal.I still think wendys beats them for value.

Did you run summer hours when you had your shop?. I am really thinking hard about bringing some one in to take over the helm. After 37 years of this stuff  it not work anymore but something to do.

regards

MOLE

DIB would certainly be an asset to your business.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #19   Sep 5, 2009 12:03 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

I can tear apart each of the silly points you made about dysons with incontrovertible proof.  I choose only one, probably the biggest dyson selling myth propagated:  No cost for bags and lifetime filters.  Yeah, right!  I'll spare others here reading my redundancy just to prove you wrong again and again.  You refuse and ignore the truth about dyson.  It's no better than any other big box outsourced brand made vacuum on the market today, bagged/bagless.  Just much more expensive [at least for now but prices are dropping].  Sooner or later you'll gat your head out of James' butt and you'll have to come to terms with the truth about your fave brand.  Mediocre performance at best at exorbitant prices.

Carmine D.

No you can’t, and no you did not prove I said forever filters (older vacs).

DIB
This message was modified Sep 5, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

mole

Reply #20   Sep 5, 2009 12:15 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

vacmanuk

Reply #21   Sep 5, 2009 1:47 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Why Dyson (society?) over bagged...<BR><BR>Dyson can guarantee No Loss of Suction (strength) for a period of time (1 month to many years).  There is not a bag vac manufacturer or a bag manufacturer (including the mighty 3M) that can give this guarantee.<BR><BR>Dyson owners like the convenience and/or looking at how much they have collected in their clear bins vice a concealed bag.<BR><BR>Dyson owners enjoy not having to locate and the costs associated with collection bags and/or filters.<BR><BR>Dyson Ball owners like having more maneuverability-choices/flexibility when saddled with the chore of vacuuming.<BR><BR>Dyson owns broad patents on the Ball, and only Dyson has the legal right to manufacturer this type of steering (best in the world steering) vacuum cleaners.<BR><BR>Dyson owns broad patents on the Core + Root filtration and only Dyson has the legal right to manufacturer these type of separators (best in the world filtration w/DDM) vacuum cleaners.<BR><BR>Dyson DDM DC22 owners enjoy having what looks to be the strongest suctioning, smallest footprint canister in the world vacuum cleaner.<BR><BR>Dyson owners enjoy the connivence of quick bin dumping (although they have not figured out or been taught how to [mostly] eliminate the dust plume, a shame).<BR><BR><BR>DIB

MM some interesting statements there, DIB.

Dyson can guarantee No Loss of Suction for a lifetime, dependent on the maintenance that the owner puts in for caring for their machine. This doesn't mean that after three years if the filters haven't been touched owners can moan about why their vacuum isn't picking up the way it should. People have become lazy which is why the bagless idea works well - no need to get out of your house and find bag replacements. Bags work differently because they all clog with dust but some are different from others because of their sealing textures (cue Miele and Sebo) so can last longer than standard 2 ply paper bags.

And filters by Dyson have to be replaced eventually so there are not always 'lifetime guaranteed" again dependent largely on the matter of dust picked up per owner and their homes. This is why Dyson filters are washable but even the most washed filter can begin to lose its strength compared to one that hasn't been tainted.

Not all Dyson owners like to see what they have collected. Would you like a see through toilet in your home? I know I wouldn't! How convenient is it really to see what you have picked up from your carpet?

As for the patents, let Dyson have as many as they wish. The strongest suction is all very well on hard flooring but I wonder just how much pull a Dyson has in terms of destroying actual carpet textures coupled with an additional brush bar?

Dyson owners may well enjoy the convience of quick bin dumping but most report (in reviews especially) that clouds of dust re-enter the homes or their lungs. How healthy is that? In this respect despite the older reliance, paper bags are better for keeping all that dust in.
CarmineD

Reply #22   Sep 5, 2009 3:55 pm
mole wrote:

regards

MOLE

HI MOLE:

Mickey D's was giving a medium drink and fries free with the Angus when it came out.  Hardee's Carl Jr. got upset with the name Angus, said it copied them, and so added a Big Carl's to the menu.  It's giving free medium fries and drink with purchase.  I liked all 3 Angus burgers. 

Yes, summer hours back in the day was closing at noon to make the first races at Monmouth/Aqueduct.  Then to Yonkers at night.  But not every day.  Only when there was a good reason.  Read: Hot tip!

I know 3: Me, myself and I! 

Carmine D. 

CarmineD

Reply #23   Sep 5, 2009 3:57 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Maybe he should give her an Oreck.  Then he can visit several times a year to replace belts, brush rolls and unclog it.

Funny HS.  You working on stand up comedy these days?  Belts, yes.  Brush roll is always clean and clear.  No clogs, ever in over 2 years. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #24   Sep 5, 2009 3:58 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

Don't answer! I know.  You are working on your comedy routine.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #25   Sep 5, 2009 4:00 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
No you can’t, and no you did not prove I said forever filters (older vacs).

DIB

See DIB, exactly as I said.  As long as your head is up Jame's butt your view will never change. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 16 - 25 of 149Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42