Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > What makes the vacuum cleaner inustry so important?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
procare

What makes the vacuum cleaner inustry so important?
Original Message   Sep 4, 2009 1:20 pm
Since I have been coming to this site I have seen bickering about Dyson, Hoover and a few other brands. But to me it is why is this industry important and why all the different brands and models. My feeling is that they are necessary to maintain a way of life. Cleanliness, health, and just plain keeping everything nice. We started with dirt floors, went to rock and wood floors. Floors were kept up with brooms for hundreds of years. With the advent of electricity the vacuum cleaner came along  with elecrtic motors.

Just so you know , I am aware of the types of early sweepers from the late 1800's.

So the question I put to you is why is it so important to be a bagless society of Dyson? Why Bagged? Why a particular brand over another? Give me and anyone that comes to this site some answers as to why and how is one better than another?

I am watching and listening.                                                                  Procare           54 years in the business and still going strong.

Replies: 130 - 139 of 149Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: What makes the vacuum cleaner inustry so important?
Reply #130   Sep 15, 2009 3:59 pm
DIB:

More soup questions! 

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #131   Sep 15, 2009 4:18 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

More soup questions! 

Carmine D.

Let her make that determination and determine if it's relevant (a soup question).  You have no problem running to her with Dyson products (“to review”).  So, why not run to her with the "new you?"

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #132   Sep 15, 2009 5:18 pm
DIB:

I don't have to run anywhere for anybody unless and until I feel compelled to do so.  When I do, it most surely will not be for you. 

Other than telling me I had a nose problem for addressing all the points you posted to vacmanuk, you have yet responded to my posts let alone provide proof to the contrary.  Another ploy of yours.  When confronted with the truth and facts, even a logical deduction based on the former, you skirt away and bury your head in the sand like an ostrich.  Look up the definition of ostrich.  It fits you here perfectly.

Carmine D.

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #133   Sep 15, 2009 5:41 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

You support and play-along with the caped-crusader and Venson’s alter-ego by the name “Severus” (a Harry Potter character)... and you claim to be a man of truth and me living a fairy tale????

I’ll tell you a fairy tale...  bad-mouthing, envious vacuum dealers or dealer groupies who do not lie or have an original and substantial thought.

DIB

DIB,

Please explain how your fairy tale name "DysonInventsBig" is any more real than my rather arbitrary selection of "Severus"?  

This message was modified Sep 15, 2009 by Severus

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
procare

Reply #134   Sep 15, 2009 6:53 pm
Dyson does it little. When I go into Wal-mart ,K- Mart, Target or any other Big Box Store I see up to 10 or more bagless vacuums. It seems that they want to sell something they know will be replaced in a short time. Look in the trash being put out everyday and you find bagless being set out. I see very-very few bagged vacuums in the trash. People buy a lot of bags or the bagged section would not be there.

Instead of being down Aerus -Electrolux sales are up. Tri Star sales are up, Kirby sales are up. Sorry I can't say anything about Filter Queen , Rainbow or other door to door brands but they may be up to. All these brands are bagged except for 2. FQ and  Rainbow.  Everytime one of these companies  come to my area an influx of business occurs. Not for bagless vacuums but bagged.

People have been buying vacuums every year around 16-17 million cleaners.Why?

CarmineD

Reply #135   Sep 16, 2009 7:03 am
Hello Procare:

Vacuum customers buy new vacuums yearly and thereabouts from the big box rip off stores because their old vacuums are not working properly.  What's cheap?  Bagless.  What's hyped?  Dysons.  They buy a cat in the bag with no demo, no key points to using and maintaining, and no advice about parts purchases/replacements and service tips.  When the new vacuum fails after 9 months, assuming it was not returned during the grace period, they are stuck.  Call the maker, get the runaround.  Call the retailer, get the runaround.  Reference the recent wand contacts that failed under warranty on the Eureka-Lux Oxygen [sold by big box store for $281].  A common problem.

Vacuum customers will eventually get it.  When they do, they'll trust in their local vacuum stores for their vacuum needs rather than hoping in the big box rip off stores who profit on the sales of vacuums.  Of course a few vocal ostriches here will impugn all vacuum stores with their tirades of the vacuum stores' anti-bagless rants and raves.  Nothing new.  It helps the big box rip off stores sell their fave high priced bagless brands to gullible customers year after year with the great bagless vacuum myth of no costs after purchase.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 16, 2009 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #136   Sep 16, 2009 7:57 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Procare:

Vacuum customers buy new vacuums yearly and thereabouts from the big box rip off stores because their old vacuums are not working properly.  What's cheap?  Bagless.  What's hyped?  Dysons.  They buy a cat in the bag with no demo, no key points to using and maintaining, and no advice about parts purchases/replacements and service tips.  When the new vacuum fails after 9 months, assuming it was not returned during the grace period, they are stuck.  Call the maker, get the runaround.  Call the retailer, get the runaround.  Reference the recent wand contacts that failed under warranty on the Eureka-Lux Oxygen [sold by big box store for $281].  A common problem.

Vacuum customers will eventually get it.  When they do, they'll trust in their local vacuum stores for their vacuum needs rather than hoping in the big box rip off stores who profit on the sales of vacuums.  Of course a few vocal ostriches here will impugn all vacuum stores with their tirades of the vacuum stores' anti-bagless rants and raves.  Nothing new.  It helps the big box rip off stores sell their fave high priced bagless brands to gullible customers year after year with the great bagless vacuum myth of no costs after purchase.

Carmine D.

You tell us that other brands sell more units than Dyson.  Then you tell us that Dyson is being taken off most shelves.  That only leaves the other brands to be the cat in the bag. Bagged or bagless, the rip off ic from sales of the disposable (cheap) vacs.

You failed to mention that you continually buy the cheap-o vacs from BB stores and gift the junk to others.  You should also mention the very expensive Miele that failed almost out of the box and the dealer botched the repair.  Miele had to force the dealer to "make it right".

As you have said.  You research and if you can't find anything negative about Dyson you make up something to report.

CarmineD

Reply #137   Sep 16, 2009 8:07 am
Hello HARDSELL:

I knew you would post.  You never let me down.  Dyson is the most hyped of all bagless brands AND the most expensive of all the big box rip off store brands.  Big box rip off stores sell them for the huge profit margins not because they sell quickly.  Have to sell alot of $40 Dirt Devil PowerGlides and $70 HOOVER Tempos to make the profit on one $600 dyson. 

Catlady got her new MIELE S7.  The holdup was the new model, a tester, and the back and forth between dealer and maker to get the wrong righted.  It was MIELE that gave Melanie the new vacuum not the dealer.   Glad I can set you straight.  It's almost a full time job with you and DIB both.

BTW, buying another XL ORECK Classic from the local ORECK store in Vegas.  Such a deal I couldn't refuse.  It's a gift too.  For the local Church parish secretary.  She's been using a HOOVER Elite that's older than you.  This will be a welcome surprise for her and the Church office.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #138   Sep 16, 2009 8:36 am
HARDSELL wrote:
.... You research and if you can't find anything negative about Dyson you make up something to report.

Mostly HS it's just the dyson hype and high prices for the mediocre performance that makes the dyson brand a standout in the big box rip off stores.  No wonder James went with this sales venue over the indies. 

Vacuum buyers don't care about 500 engineers and brush cams, accentuators, clutches and cyclones.  They just want a vacuum that performs well and meets their money/household needs w/o needing a bank loan.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #139   Sep 16, 2009 8:43 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello HARDSELL:

I knew you would post.  You never let me down.  Dyson is the most hyped of all bagless brands AND the most expensive of all the big box rip off store brands.  Big box rip off stores sell them for the huge profit margins not because they sell quickly.  Have to sell alot of $40 Dirt Devil PowerGlides and $70 HOOVER Tempos to make the profit on one $600 dyson. 

Dyson is not nearly so hyped as Oreck.  I remember when it was Hoover.  Since they went busted and you had to eat so much crow you picked another brand.  According to you the stores  sell more of those cheapies.  The indies have to do a lot of repairs on all those other brands to stay in business since new vac sales are not their primary source of income.  I suppose that balances the economy.

Catlady got her new MIELE S7.  The holdup was the new model, a tester, and the back and forth between dealer and maker to get the wrong righted.  It was MIELE that gave Melanie the new vacuum not the dealer.   Glad I can set you straight.  It's almost a full time job with you and DIB both.

I know the story.  The indie botched the repair and Miele had to make it right.  Glad to repay the favor and set you straight,

BTW, buying another XL ORECK Classic from the local ORECK store in Vegas.  Such a deal I couldn't refuse.  It's a gift too.  For the local Church parish secretary.  She's been using a HOOVER Elite that's older than you.  This will be a welcome surprise for her and the Church office.

I think the surprice will be when the church doesn't get any cleaner.  BTW the Hoover Platinum with the canister is a much better buy at $255 than the XL.

Carmine D.

Replies: 130 - 139 of 149Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42