Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Just

New Electrolux
Original Message   Jul 1, 2009 4:50 pm
I heard tell that there was a new Lux coming down the pike.  Anyone have any info?  Is it a new Lux or a redesigned Guardian?

Some hear tell it has a digital motor. 

Replies: 25 - 34 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: New Electrolux
Reply #25   Jul 31, 2009 9:58 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello vaclov and Venson:

Be nice.  DIB and HS will take umbarge at these remarks as attacks against dyson uprights for its puny brush bars. 

Procare is right on and is MOLE.  DC28 design could be problematic by sealing too tightly with rugs and stiffling suction power even resulting in overheating.  Note the Aerus write up about the Aerus power brush heads and tools. 

Carmine D.

Carmine contrary to your beliefs I consider all the comparisons to Dyson as FLATTERY.  No other vacuum has created so much jealousy by the other players.

Hello HS/DIB:

I'd say the quote function is acting up again!  Here's the proof.  And its not MOLE's post. 

I actually agree with you HS.  The other vacuum brands are not jealous they are livid.  Dyson is the cream of the crap in vacuums and sells for luxury prices! 

Carmine D.

The only reason they are livid is because Dyson put the hurt on most and busted Hoover.  I know one Dyson was crappy.  The one Dyson shoved up your sitter.
procare

Reply #26   Aug 1, 2009 12:19 am
       One thing I don't worry about is Dyson. There is nothing flattering about Dyson or the other bagless opponents to it. In my area you walk into Walmart and all you see are bagless vacuums and one cheap bagged vacuum. The people here are getting tired of bagless and are not getting another. I have more than a dozen that people brought in to work on and said no to repairing and said they wanted a bagged vacuum instead. I didn't steer them in that direction, they did. Not all of them bought from me because of price of product . Many could only buy the cheap due to unemployment in the area.

Procare

This message was modified Aug 1, 2009 by procare
HARDSELL

Reply #27   Aug 1, 2009 6:51 am
procare wrote:
       One thing I don't worry about is Dyson. There is nothing flattering about Dyson or the other bagless opponents to it. In my area you walk into Walmart and all you see are bagless vacuums and one cheap bagged vacuum. The people here are getting tired of bagless and are not getting another. I have more than a dozen that people brought in to work on and said no to repairing and said they wanted a bagged vacuum instead. I didn't steer them in that direction, they did. Not all of them bought from me because of price of product . Many could only buy the cheap due to unemployment in the area.

Procare

Bagless dominates in all big box stores.  Do you not think this is because most all brands jumped deep into bagless when Dyson was selling so good?  Hoover's first attempts at bagless were pathetic.  Their Fusion was a marginal improvement.  I gifted a Fusion to my sister for her new home 3 years ago and it is already in need of repair.    I used a DC07 for 3 years and never one hiccup.  Imitation is flattering but not necessarilly as good as the copied product.

Are you saying that a dozen Dysons came in or a mixed bag (no pun) of brands came in?  What did the dozen or so buy to replace their bagless?

If you consider the number of bagless sold by WM a dozen is a very small ratio of disliked vacs.  IMO there was as many bagged from WM that were dislikled prior to the bagles.  WM is not known for top quality and I find them to be no less expensive than the competition on like brands.  They get the crowds due to location, location, location.  Also they have excellent satisfaction policy.

Enough.  Thanks for your civil posts.

CarmineD

Reply #28   Aug 1, 2009 7:09 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Bagless dominates in all big box stores.  Do you not think this is because most all brands jumped deep into bagless when Dyson was selling so good? 

Correct: "was."  As in a fad that soon fades.  Bagless have come and gone through the years in the vacuum industry.  Being wildly popular and then waning.  Your fave brand joined the ranks of the ones that came before.

Bagless is consumer cheap.  Ideal for sticks and hand helds and shop vacs.  Full size use and the dirt bin dumping is a nuisance.  You went from the DC07 bagless to a bagged royal.  Just as Procare and other indies see in their business. 

By trash talking bagged vacuums from the starting gate and still to elevate his own bagless brand, James thumbed his nose at a majority of the vacuum consumers and market.  All experts warn of the negative effects of bagless and bin dumping on peoples' health.  James would have to swallow alot of crow to enter the mainstream bagged market now.  Probably too late for him at this point.

Give credit to the bagged vacuum brands that coexisted with the bagless.  They had the eye on the prize.  James was too egotistic and haughty to coexist.  Like his zealous supporters he thought his overpriced overhawked and hyped bagless would run the competition out of business.  His thinking backfired.  They are prospering and he is drowning.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Aug 1, 2009 by CarmineD
procare

Reply #29   Aug 1, 2009 8:19 pm
When I spoke of these dozen bagless that people said not to fix is not saying some others didn't get theirs fixed but almost everyone said when they bought new they were going back to bagged.The  only one to benifit is the Independents that carry them. As I recall the average number of bagless sold in the U.S. was 30% and is declining.  A Dyson was put out in the trash by a lady down the street yesterday. A DC-25 Ball.
HARDSELL

Reply #30   Aug 1, 2009 9:36 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Correct: "was."  As in a fad that soon fades.  Bagless have come and gone through the years in the vacuum industry.  Being wildly popular and then waning.  Your fave brand joined the ranks of the ones that came before.

Bagless is consumer cheap.  Ideal for sticks and hand helds and shop vacs.  Full size use and the dirt bin dumping is a nuisance.  You went from the DC07 bagless to a bagged royal.  Just as Procare and other indies see in their business. 

Bagless initially still cost as much as the bagged vacs in the stores that carry them.  They are cheaper as you say because no bags to buy.  Actually it took 2 bagged vacs to replace the DC07.  Procare said a dozen bagless.  I will bet that he repaired/cleaned/serviced  considerably more bagged during that time.

By trash talking bagged vacuums from the starting gate and still to elevate his own bagless brand, James thumbed his nose at a majority of the vacuum consumers and market.  All experts warn of the negative effects of bagless and bin dumping on peoples' health.  James would have to swallow alot of crow to enter the mainstream bagged market now.  Probably too late for him at this point.

Hoover thumbed their nose at James when he approached them and he busted themHoover already ate all the crow.  You also ate crow for bad recommendations on Dyson .

Give credit to the bagged vacuum brands that coexisted with the bagless.  They had the eye on the prize.  James was too egotistic and haughty to coexist.  Like his zealous supporters he thought his overpriced overhawked and hyped bagless would run the competition out of business.  His thinking backfired.  They are prospering and he is drowning.

Hoover was the egotistical / greedy one. Sir James got revenge when he forced them to sell.  Hoovers thinking is what backfired.  Ask the former Hoover employees how they are enjouing their prosperity.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #31   Aug 1, 2009 9:42 pm
procare wrote:
When I spoke of these dozen bagless that people said not to fix is not saying some others didn't get theirs fixed but almost everyone said when they bought new they were going back to bagged.The  only one to benifit is the Independents that carry them. As I recall the average number of bagless sold in the U.S. was 30% and is declining.  A Dyson was put out in the trash by a lady down the street yesterday. A DC-25 Ball.

I am sorry to hear that business is so bad that you are having to scrounge the roadside trash to survive. 

What was the ratio of Dyson vs others in the dozen bad vacs? 

Which is the moneymaking side of your business? 1. Vac sales or 2. service /repair and supplies?

CarmineD

Reply #32   Aug 2, 2009 6:39 am
procare wrote:
 A Dyson was put out in the trash by a lady down the street yesterday. A DC-25 Ball. 

An appropriate place for it.  I've seen the same with dysons too in the trash.  And the cartons too with the dysons.  Oops there goes another recycled dyson.

I recall a certain dyson poster [no longer posting here] saying that the day he sees a dyson sold at yard sale and/or tossed in the garbage is the day he would die of a heart attack.  I told him I hope that his soul makes it to Heaven before the devil finds out he dead.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #33   Aug 2, 2009 6:55 am
HS:

Ask the former dyson buyers/owners who leave their dysons unclaimed in vacuum repair shops because they can't afford/don't want to spend the money to repair their overpriced dyson bagless vacuums, how they are enjoying flushing $500 down the toilet.  Oops there goes another refurb/recycled dyson.

Carmine D. 

retardturtle1

Reply #34   Aug 2, 2009 1:10 pm
CarmineD wrote:
An appropriate place for it.  I've seen the same with dysons too in the trash.  And the cartons too with the dysons.  Oops there goes another recycled dyson.

I recall a certain dyson poster [no longer posting here] saying that the day he sees a dyson sold at yard sale and/or tossed in the garbage is the day he would die of a heart attack.  I told him I hope that his soul makes it to Heaven before the devil finds out he dead.

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

around here .....he woulda been gone a long time ago. ..pawn shops , yard sales , trash bin,......piled up behind service counter at wally.

Replies: 25 - 34 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42