Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 594 - 603 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Reply #594   Jul 25, 2009 1:40 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
I fixed the link...

Sir James Dyson was interviewed (this week) on Businessweek.com
www.businessweek.com/mediacenter/video/executives/4a5bb621c4c456523c7fabcc3c4d6d6e4e86dd14.html

Thanks.  I'll try again a little later.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #595   Jul 25, 2009 2:02 pm
mole wrote:
Hello, I'M not James Dyson but Sir James Dyson,I'm a legend IN MY OWN MIND,Boy I ;m so smart"" I can sue and cheat and lie with the best of them.I made huge amounts of money PLAYING YOU PEOPLE FOR SUCKERS.I want to thank you  people for the oppotunity of ripping you off.I knew my kirby background would come in handy at some point in time.
Just send me 25 beans and i'll show you how its done.

MOLE

Hello MOLE:

IN the same vein, today I received a legal notice that a company's stock I apparently owned years ago prevailed in a calss action suit against management and the brokerage houses that hawked and hyped the stock.  I don't recall owning but apparenatly I did.  The interesting fact is that the investors received an award of $2 MILLION plus which breaks down to about 4 cents a share for each share owned.  I had several thousand shares.  Do the math.  Ironically the lawyers who sued and won got $56 MILLION. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #596   Jul 26, 2009 7:15 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
I fixed the link...

Sir James Dyson was interviewed (this week) on Businessweek.com
www.businessweek.com/mediacenter/video/executives/4a5bb621c4c456523c7fabcc3c4d6d6e4e86dd14.html

Hello DIB:

Couldn't view the video but heard the audio.  Of the approximately 4 minutes taken to answer 5 person's write in questions, I'd say James is not on the same page from a visionary/business point of view as his audience.  Several questioners taggged him/dyson as high end expensive luxury product brand and the negative impact of the current global economic meltdown on this branding marketing.  He disagreed with them but never answered their questions. 

Thanks for posting.  These short few minute tidbits reveal more about a person, company and its products than hundreds of words.  The message I take away is that dyson is in trouble.  Why?  As he says in the clip, when it comes to the current state of business affairs he is no expert.  And that's what it takes right now.  A business expert, not an inventor with 475 engineers bleedinng the company dry of cash.

Carmine D.

M00seUK

Dyson Air Multiplier - New product? AM01?
Reply #597   Aug 19, 2009 8:12 am
Dyson recently (June 2009) filed a trade mark for a 'Dyson Air Multiplier'. This may or may not be related to the vacuum cleaners, but I think it's the first of a new 'personal cooling' product range, that might be launched in the near future.

As the Dyson Digital motor lead to the development of the AirBlade hand drier, it looks like the 'Air Multiplier' is a further development of the idea.

Here's a patent filing from March 2009:-
http://v3.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/biblio?CC=WO&NR=2009030881A1&KC=A1&FT=D&date=20090312&DB=EPODOC&locale=en_EP

It describes a 'bladeless' fan design, by the use of a circular nozzle and ideally, powered by a brushless DC motor.

Advantages are described as reduced noise, uniform air distribution and smaller profile. I would suspect that it would initially, at least, sell as a small desk fan. I'd guess there'd be no hurry to get a product like this out on to the Christmas market as the majority of homes don't require cooling aids for that time of year!

CarmineD

Reply #598   Aug 19, 2009 9:15 am
Hello M00seUK:

I have concluded from the many things posted on this thread and its originator that James Dyson is more concerned about registering a patent on the product than launching and marketing the product.  Apparently he likes the assurance of nailing another company and/individual with a lawsuit and collecting the infringement compensation than actually taking the risk/reward of producing the new products.

Maybe I have a mistaken view.  But even if I do, my thought is if it doesn't concern vacuums and real life products associated with vacuums and/or even floorcare products, perhaps all things dyson that makes the news is better served on a forum of dyson followers.  Not here.  I don't care, maybe others feel otherwise, about another patent filing by dyson that may/may not have relevance to vacuum products.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Aug 19, 2009 by CarmineD
M00seUK

Reply #599   Aug 19, 2009 3:32 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello M00seUK:

I have concluded from the many things posted on this thread and its originator that James Dyson is more concerned about registering a patent on the product than launching and marketing the product.  Apparently he likes the assurance of nailing another company and/individual with a lawsuit and collecting the infringement compensation than actually taking the risk/reward of producing the new products.

Maybe I have a mistaken view.  But even if I do, my thought is if it doesn't concern vacuums and real life products associated with vacuums and/or even floorcare products, perhaps all things dyson that makes the news is better served on a forum of dyson followers.  Not here.  I don't care, maybe others feel otherwise, about another patent filing by dyson that may/may not have relevance to vacuum products.

Carmine D.

Au contraire Mr DiFazio, a trademark cannot be granted unless a company intends to use it with a product in the respective category (class). It would therefore seem that Dyson have every intention of marketing an 'Air Multiplier' and this derivative of vacuum cleaner technology, as described in the above patent, is highly likely to be a product that will be available in the near future.
CarmineD

Reply #600   Aug 19, 2009 5:56 pm
Hello M00seUK:

Until the product is sold and I see that it relates to vacuums/floorcare, I for one have no interest in knowing.  Until then, dyson's plans/intentions are all speculation to titilate his fans here free of charge.   

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #601   Aug 19, 2009 9:13 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello M00seUK:

Until the product is sold and I see that it relates to vacuums/floorcare, I for one have no interest in knowing.  Until then, dyson's plans/intentions are all speculation to titilate his fans here free of charge.   

Carmine D.

If you can find reason to criticize it you will become interested in it.  Even if it is put in a sail boat and not a floor care product.

You spent weeks on the talking about the air blade although it is not related to floor care.  What relation is there between nitrogen in tires and floor care?

Maybe DIB will share his medications with you.

CarmineD

Reply #602   Aug 20, 2009 6:47 am
Hello HS: 

I doubt seriously there are 601 posts and/or a dedicated thread just on nitrogen use in tires here, like there are for so many non-vacuum related dyson stuff.  Maybe you need some meds yourself and/or assistance with reading and math. 

I suspect the nitro discussion which you embellished by your own antagonistic responses was related to a COSTCO visit of mine and post about the HOOVER WT SP Anniversary edition.  As I recall COSTCO featured the model for $149 for the 2008 Christmas holidays. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #603   Aug 20, 2009 6:54 am
BTW, HS a poster here subsequently queried about the HOOVER WT SP at COSTCO for $149 vice the SEARS Progressive for $250.  I believe in that post, while advising him to buy the HOOVER, I also opined that this HOOVER model may well detrone the SEARS from the number one spot in Consumer Reports.  I was subsequently proved right.    I know you remember this very well, but others may not. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 594 - 603 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42