Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Just

New Electrolux
Original Message   Jul 1, 2009 4:50 pm
I heard tell that there was a new Lux coming down the pike.  Anyone have any info?  Is it a new Lux or a redesigned Guardian?

Some hear tell it has a digital motor. 

Replies: 138 - 147 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Hertz

Re: New Electrolux
Reply #138   Feb 12, 2010 3:43 pm
procare wrote:
Venson, Hertz, an Just

On the two style of bodies that were metal and had built in Cordreels ,the Model G and 1205, SuperJ style, had either  an Aluminum tube (G)  a plastic tube from the cordwinde section to motor section. This was a bleed off to let the motor breath if the hose got clogged and give you enough time to shut off the cleaner without burning up the motor. Today since the Diamond Jubilee there is a thermostat on the motors to protect them .

If you ever put your hand over the tubes  I described  you would find the air is pulled in not blown out because the motor is sealed to the  bag compartment.

Procare

This is so very cool! See, that's JUST the thing about Retro Lux's - or even newer Lux's - is that they LOOK simplistic (sometimes even not), but they are VERY complexly designed to aid in superior performance of the machine. Very cool B)
Venson

Reply #139   Feb 12, 2010 6:13 pm
Hertz wrote:
This is so very cool! See, that's JUST the thing about Retro Lux's - or even newer Lux's - is that they LOOK simplistic (sometimes even not), but they are VERY complexly designed to aid in superior performance of the machine. Very cool B)

Besides savvy regarding attachment design, the real marvel was the automatic shut off.  It was an adjustable mechanical device composed of a diaphragm and tubing that reacted to the strength of airflow at the bag mouth.  As air flow lessened there, suction via a tube attached to the diaphragm increased until it created enough of a vacuum behind the diaphragm to cause it to pull a lever that opened the cover latch after which a spring loaded mechanism turned of the power supply. (I think I got that right.)

I believe there was an electronic set-up to achieve the same later on.  If it is still in play, I do not know.

Venson

mole

Reply #140   Feb 12, 2010 7:09 pm
Venson wrote:
Besides savvy regarding attachment design, the real marvel was the automatic shut off.  It was an adjustable mechanical device composed of a diaphragm and tubing that reacted to the strength of airflow at the bag mouth.  As air flow lessened there, suction via a tube attached to the diaphragm increased until it created enough of a vacuum behind the diaphragm to cause it to pull a lever that opened the cover latch after which a spring loaded mechanism turned of the power supply. (I think I got that right.)

I believe there was an electronic set-up to achieve the same later on.  If it is still in play, I do not know.

Venson

The New guardian ultra, rennies, 8000's, 9000's and a  few other oddball models use a control board with a built in pressure switch.The 6500,7000,legacy use the the mechanical set up,

The tube running from the bag cage to the winder housing was eliminated when the  diamond J came out, this was the first machine with thermal overload sensor along with the HI-TECH 2100.Plastic body automatics do not pop open like the metal body unit.And the controls were moved to the top trim.

It was thought that the tube was to keep the cordwinder cool,

MOLE
Hertz

Reply #141   Feb 12, 2010 7:55 pm
This is all SO very cool, and makes me want an Aerus of a Miele B) It's either Aerus, Miele, Sebo, or Dyson for me, or maybe Dyson and any of the first three B) Probably a Dyson and an Aerus B)
Hertz

Reply #142   Feb 12, 2010 7:56 pm
Also, what's the performance like on the latest Aerus's? They evidently have "439" air watts, which is more than some central vacuums!!! 0_o. Are these really as powerful as thought?
budmattingly

Reply #143   Feb 12, 2010 8:41 pm
Ok I will put my two cents in. I have the new Aerus Lux Guardian Ultra. For the price it should have multiple speeds. I find that this cleaner has so much suction, that it is actually a deterent when doing curtains, upholstery. The relief valve on the hose handle is useless. When I try using the sidekick on the sofa, it actually stalls out. Same with a bedspread. While I am a die hard Electrolux fan, I have to revert to my Miele to do the more delicate chores as noted above. Somehow Aerus needs to address this problem by coming up with a larger air relief valve or a variable speed motor. This vacuum is also extremely loud and high pitched compared to earlier models.

Bud

Hertz

Reply #144   Feb 13, 2010 2:54 pm
budmattingly wrote:
Ok I will put my two cents in. I have the new Aerus Lux Guardian Ultra. For the price it should have multiple speeds. I find that this cleaner has so much suction, that it is actually a deterent when doing curtains, upholstery. The relief valve on the hose handle is useless. When I try using the sidekick on the sofa, it actually stalls out. Same with a bedspread. While I am a die hard Electrolux fan, I have to revert to my Miele to do the more delicate chores as noted above. Somehow Aerus needs to address this problem by coming up with a larger air relief valve or a variable speed motor. This vacuum is also extremely loud and high pitched compared to earlier models.

Bud

Ok, but in terms of cleaning on straight up carpet or hardwood flooring, which machine would you choose to do the best job possible? Why?
budmattingly

Reply #145   Feb 13, 2010 7:30 pm
Both machines clean well on carpeting and hard floors. I do not care for Miele's floor brush, so I would have to go with the Electrolux.

Bud

Hertz

Reply #146   Feb 13, 2010 9:40 pm
Which machine feels better built to you? Also, do the Lux bags have any plastic on them or are they more environmentally friendly than the Miele bags? Finally, if you had to CHOOSE between the two machines, which one would YOU pick, and why?
budmattingly

New Electrolux
Reply #147   Nov 5, 2010 9:16 pm
Sorry for this post. Meant to send a pm.
This message was modified Nov 5, 2010 by budmattingly
Replies: 138 - 147 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42