Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Just

New Electrolux
Original Message   Jul 1, 2009 4:50 pm
I heard tell that there was a new Lux coming down the pike.  Anyone have any info?  Is it a new Lux or a redesigned Guardian?

Some hear tell it has a digital motor. 

Replies: 128 - 137 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Hertz

Re: New Electrolux
Reply #128   Feb 9, 2010 5:48 pm
No, of course the air travels through the bag area first, but after it gets blown out of the motor, on nearly EVERY vacuum out there besides the REAL high end ones (and maybe even some of those, too) air will escape out of the cord rewind and all sorts of places. Meaning the vacuum isn't *sealed*. This is what makes Miele so famous, as well as Sebo. Kirby's and FilterQueens are also COMPLETELY sealed, except for the separate motor cooling port on the Kirby which only blows out carbon dust, so it isn't a big deal. I'm nearly CERTAIN that Electrolux's - the REAL, AERUS ones - are sealed, as I just talked to a guy who rebuilds them and he says "all the air comes out of the blow hole" Can anybody else verify that the newest and latest Aerus Lux's are Miele-Like sealed?
Just

Reply #129   Feb 9, 2010 5:53 pm
If I am not mistaking, I thought the E-lux had air go through the cord winder and hole on purpose.  In order to cool the cord that may still be coiled.

Maybe this is just something I picked up and stored out of context, but it always made sense to me.

mole

Reply #130   Feb 9, 2010 7:16 pm
Hertz wrote:
How would any of you say these new Lux's compare to a Miele S5 canister? How would you say the older Lux Guardian 9000 compares to a Miele? EDIT: Also, are the latest Aerus Lux's still made here in the U.S.A?

Heres a little insight to why miele  is pushed and sold at indys.

Quite a few dealers tell their customers that miele is a german electrolux, And i bet that your mother and aunties  really loved their electroluxes didnt they.

The secrets in the bag cage, take a look.

regards

MOLE
Hertz

Reply #131   Feb 10, 2010 12:42 am
Thanks for not answering my question mole. :P I'm wondering in terms of build quality, performance, and noise. I am actually looking at DYSON right now B) I'm really starting to dig their design and cleaning power and features, but I still am really interested in Miele and Aerus.
procare

Reply #132   Feb 10, 2010 12:42 am
Hertz,

The Legacy, 6500 and all canistersof that body style are sealed. They use after filters where the blower is.

Hertz

Reply #133   Feb 10, 2010 1:00 am
So there is absolutely *NO* air leakage and escape ANYWHERE else around the machine except for the blower hole?
Venson

Reply #134   Feb 10, 2010 3:02 am
Hertz wrote:
So there is absolutely *NO* air leakage and escape ANYWHERE else around the machine except for the blower hole?

To my recall, new Luxes can be used for blowing -- a great but no longer much appreciated feature.  Air leaks before the blower port would defeat the purpose.  The less delivery of suction or blowing power a vacuum supplies, the less desirable a machine it is.

If you've ever taken one apart, the metal models from the 1205 on had a cord real that's a module of sorts.  The cord and rewind mechanism are all inside a closed case.  This is almost teh same as with the Model G whose cord reel was also in a contained module with a pass-through for exhaust air and a port for hose attachment.  It fitted onto the cleaner with screws I think but there was a rubber gasket in place to stop air leakage all around  where it attached to the body of the canister.  Again -- no air leakage.

The Lux plastic body models all can serve as blowers in the same fashion and thus I'd think that yes, Luxes are basically "sealed systems."

Venson

This message was modified Feb 10, 2010 by Venson
Hertz

Reply #135   Feb 10, 2010 12:38 pm
That is fantastic. Thank you guys SO much for all your responses!!
procare

Reply #136   Feb 11, 2010 8:27 pm
Venson, Hertz, an Just

On the two style of bodies that were metal and had built in Cordreels ,the Model G and 1205, SuperJ style, had either  an Aluminum tube (G)  a plastic tube from the cordwinde section to motor section. This was a bleed off to let the motor breath if the hose got clogged and give you enough time to shut off the cleaner without burning up the motor. Today since the Diamond Jubilee there is a thermostat on the motors to protect them .

If you ever put your hand over the tubes  I described  you would find the air is pulled in not blown out because the motor is sealed to the  bag compartment.

Procare

Venson

Reply #137   Feb 11, 2010 10:48 pm
procare wrote:
Venson, Hertz, an Just

On the two style of bodies that were metal and had built in Cordreels ,the Model G and 1205, SuperJ style, had either  an Aluminum tube (G)  a plastic tube from the cordwinde section to motor section. This was a bleed off to let the motor breath if the hose got clogged and give you enough time to shut off the cleaner without burning up the motor. Today since the Diamond Jubilee there is a thermostat on the motors to protect them .

If you ever put your hand over the tubes  I described  you would find the air is pulled in not blown out because the motor is sealed to the  bag compartment.

Procare

Hi Procare,

I just popped the top piece off my 1205 and found the black plastic bleed tube attached to the cord winder.  I don't havee a G in the house, just a Model 60 and a Canadian Model 89 (my favorite).

Venson

Replies: 128 - 137 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42