Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Original Message   Jan 17, 2008 3:54 pm
Replies: 465 - 474 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Reply #465   May 25, 2009 3:48 pm

This message was modified May 25, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #466   May 26, 2009 7:02 am
Model2 wrote:
That was supposed to say 'Speaking of Dyson and B-a-l-l-s, but apparently I'm being censored for profanity...

Hello Model2:

If you type:  "dyson ball"  "ball model"  "DC15, DC24, DC25 ball" the edits will not kick in.  But not to worry, in short order it won't be an issue here anymore. 

Carmine D. 

CarmineD

Reply #467   May 26, 2009 7:19 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Consumers use their vacs in a real world.  I trust them more than CR.

Like it or not, most consumers read and use CR for purchases.  Even with on-line dyson ratings, that you taut over CR's testing and expertise, are peppered with quotes and paraphrases about the high dyson prices and only fair to average performance.  This is the standard CR criticism in speaking about all the dyson models since 2002.  Alot of fluff and little function.  It's etched in shoppers minds now.  Talk about dysons now and you'll inevitably hear it.

Carmine D.

iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Reply #468   May 26, 2009 10:00 am
Here is something that I want to bring up; why is there such an abundant amount of refurbished Dyson's out there?  I mean, every major online Dyson retailer on the web flaunt their wide selection of factory reconditioned models.  I for one would like to know the nature of the returned models (if they are defective, or if customers are simply dissatisfied with their purchase), and how much money Dyson loses on each model (from replacing used parts and selling each unit at a depreciated value).  Dyson has reached second best reliability ratings from CR in both upright and canister categories, so are these returns reflecting customer dissatisfaction, or is CR inaccurate in gauging reliability?  Perhaps Dyson should follow Apple's lead and implement a similar retail policy that stipulates no customer returns, with direct manufacturer interaction should a defect arise.

P.S. - Some may see me as a Dyson antagonist, but I am rather a Dyson realist (I do own a DC23 that I think highly of), meaning that I will call out bull*&$% when I see it. 
This message was modified May 26, 2009 by iMacDaddy
Model2

~ It Beats...as it Sweeps...as it Cleans ~

Reply #469   May 26, 2009 10:34 am
iMacDaddy wrote:
Here is something that I want to bring up; why is there such an abundant amount of refurbished Dyson's out there?  I mean, every major online Dyson retailer on the web flaunt their wide selection of factory reconditioned models.  I for one would like to know the nature of the returned models (if they are defective, or if customers are simply dissatisfied with their purchase), and how much money Dyson loses on each model (from replacing used parts and selling each unit at a depreciated value).  Dyson has reached second best reliability ratings from CR in both upright and canister categories, so are these returns reflecting customer dissatisfaction, or is CR inaccurate in gauging reliability?  Perhaps Dyson should follow Apple's lead and implement a similar retail policy that stipulates no customer returns, with direct manufacturer interaction should a defect arise.

P.S. - Some may see me as a Dyson antagonist, but I am rather a Dyson realist (I do own a DC23 that I think highly of), meaning that I will call out bull*&$% when I see it. 

I can't speak for the US, but over here, most vacuum manufacturers, including Vax and Hoover, two of the three biggest-selling brands, have stickers on their machines which direct their customer to call the company's helpline in the event of a problem, rather than returning it to the store. While Dyson - as far as I can see - do not state this explicity, every model of Dyson sold since the DC01 have had a sticker with the helpline numbers prominently and permanently affixed. If you try to return one to the store, you will be told firmly, 'We can't help you. Call the Dyson helpline.' And they won't budge on this!

~ However Clean - Hoover Cleaner ~
Venson

Reply #470   May 26, 2009 11:10 am
iMacDaddy wrote:
Here is something that I want to bring up; why is there such an abundant amount of refurbished Dyson's out there?  I mean, every major online Dyson retailer on the web flaunt their wide selection of factory reconditioned models.  I for one would like to know the nature of the returned models (if they are defective, or if customers are simply dissatisfied with their purchase), and how much money Dyson loses on each model (from replacing used parts and selling each unit at a depreciated value).  Dyson has reached second best reliability ratings from CR in both upright and canister categories, so are these returns reflecting customer dissatisfaction, or is CR inaccurate in gauging reliability?  Perhaps Dyson should follow Apple's lead and implement a similar retail policy that stipulates no customer returns, with direct manufacturer interaction should a defect arise. <BR><BR>P.S. - Some may see me as a Dyson antagonist, but I am rather a Dyson realist (I do own a DC23 that I think highly of), meaning that I will call out bull*&amp;$% when I see it. 

Hi iMacDaddy,

Dyson has never been a particular favorite of mine but it and any number of other vacuum cleaners are not infallible as regards abuse. Any one of the posters here who are in the vac repair business can tell you stories on top of stories regarding this. I think popularity has enticed a truckload of household dunderheads -- people who shouldn't be allowed near even a light switch -- to buy the brand.

Anyone can buy a vacuum cleaner but not all understand either the machine or how to use it, situation to situation. Thus, you end up with lots of returned machines that may later be fixed and cleaned up and then resold.

I remember when my local BestBuy was pushing the easy return policy that I'd see vacuums of all brands coming back every time I was in the store. My local Sears has a corner in its appliance department where they tag returned vacs for resale. Matter of fact, I returned a new Electrolux 7020 to Sears because a wheel came off it's low-profile PN and also because the bag size was ridiculously small.

However, were any vacuum manufacturer not to make return or repair a relatively easy deal I'd be highly wary about buying its products.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #471   May 26, 2009 1:06 pm
iMacDaddy wrote:

Hello iMacDaddy, Venson, et al:

Consumer Reports adds the caveat with respect to reliability data that new brands and models have an inherent tendency to fair better in the ratings than brands and models with age/tenure.  Why?  Not as many of the newer ones among the people in order to collect significant data.  Plus, CR adds the caveat that differences of 4 percentage points are irrelevant for comparison purposes.   Meaning that all brands within the 4 points meld together.

Here's one piece of the huge dyson resales.  I've noted that dysons with the 2 year waranty [sold before August 15, 2006] are showing up in vacuum stores for repairs.  Usual problems are always clutch related.  [I've received offers to rebuild these by 2 local DYSON DEALERS].  Cost for repairs range from $90 to over $125.  Customers are not repairing them and abandoning instead.  Why?  For several reasons including the $100 repair bill.  Can't afford to repair.  They prefer to buy new BUT trade down in price rather than trade in their old dysons for a new one.  These abandoned dyson repairs are rebuilt/resold on line as refurbs and rebuilts.   

Carmine D.

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #472   May 26, 2009 5:26 pm
I don't think it's ever been Dyson's intention to launch the DC27 in the UK at the beginning of this year. Places like Argos that are catalogue base always put new products in their catalogue at the beginning of each season (Spring\Summer or Autume\Winter) even before they have been offically launched and are avaialble due to the catalogue going to print before the new season starts! Having spoke to Dyson UK myself a few times over the last month and half regarding the DC27 the impression I got is it also been for the DC27 to be launch around the middle of this year. The latest I was told last week was about the middle of June for a UK Launch. <BR><BR>As I said on here not long ago the DC27 UK model is just an improved version of the DC14 (from customer feedback)like the DC14 was over the DC07! I also posted some of the improvements of the DC27 Dyson Helpline told me on here. So Dyson probably is not in any rush to launch this product in the UK as the DC14 is still selling although alot of UK shops have narrowed the DC14 model line up down to 2 models out of the 4!<BR><BR>DC18
This message was modified May 26, 2009 by DC18
Model2

~ It Beats...as it Sweeps...as it Cleans ~

Reply #473   May 26, 2009 5:45 pm
DC18 wrote:
I don't think it's ever been Dyson's intention to launch the DC27 in the UK at the beginning of this year. Places like Argos that are catalogue base always put new products in their catalogue at the beginning of each season (Spring\Summer or Autume\Winter) even before they have been offically launched and are avaialble due to the catalogue going to print before the new season starts! Having spoke to Dyson UK myself a few times over the last month and half regarding the DC27 the impression I got is it also been for the DC27 to be launch around the middle of this year. The latest I was told last week was about the middle of June for a UK Launch. &lt;BR&gt;&lt;BR&gt;As I said on here not long ago the DC27 UK model is just an improved version of the DC14 (from customer feedback)like the DC14 was over the DC07! I also posted some of the improvements of the DC27 Dyson Helpline told me on here. So Dyson probably is not in any rush to launch this product in the UK as the DC14 is still selling although alot of UK shops have narrowed the DC14 model line up down to 2 models out of the 4!&lt;BR&gt;&lt;BR&gt;DC18

DC18 - two points:

- I was told personally by Dyson's UK PR Manager than it was due in February
- In the Argos catalogue, the DC27 section contains a box saying 'Available February'

~ However Clean - Hoover Cleaner ~
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #474   May 26, 2009 6:00 pm
Model2

Have you asked the Dyson UK PR Manager why it never appeared in February!? The must be a reason for the hold back if it was to be February. As for Argos, they are always putting available dates in their Catalogue well before the manufactor has offically launched the product themselves, one reason for them doing this as I already stated. The same happened if I remember with the DC14! It would be interesting to see if you could actually order one from Argos and it be available! I did call the Dyson UK Helpline back in January\February when I first saw Argos and other UK online Retailer pitching the DC27 to see when it was available back then and they knew nothing about a DC27, it's only recently the Helpline has been told. Must be a reason for the delay or hold back!

DC18
Replies: 465 - 474 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42