Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Hoover Platinum Bagged Upright $14 at Sears

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
HankJones

Hoover Platinum Bagged Upright $14 at Sears
Original Message   May 22, 2009 3:20 pm
Replies: 13 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Hoover Platinum Bagged Upright $14 at Sears
Reply #13   Aug 9, 2009 3:23 pm
BEST BUY stores are selling the HOOVER Platinum Collection Lightweight Bagged Upright with companion canister for $299.  This is a $100 discount from the MSRP.  I'm not overly impressed with the duo but both are decent overall performers for household usage. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #14   Aug 14, 2009 6:14 pm
I can't say exactly what you'll get for 14 bucks but Sears has been regularly sending me emails almost every week it seems. For those looking for economical buys, Sears is holding in-store-only "Super Saturday Sales" tomorrow, August 15th. New bargains will be announced every hour.

Check in with your local store to learn if this sale is in effect in your area.

As always, I have no affiliation whatsoever with Sears but highly recommend it as a source for, among other things, decent vacuums at decent prices AND not only from the Kenmore line. Any objections? Well, you can go straight to . . . Williams-Sonoma or Bloomingdales -- and give 'em all the money you want.

Venson
This message was modified Aug 14, 2009 by Venson
retardturtle1

Reply #15   Aug 14, 2009 8:16 pm
Venson wrote:
I can't say exactly what you'll get for 14 bucks but Sears has been regularly sending me emails almost every week it seems. For those looking for economical buys, Sears is holding in-store-only "Super Saturday Sales" tomorrow, August 15th. New bargains will be announced every hour.

Check in with your local store to learn if this sale is in effect in your area.

As always, I have no affiliation whatsoever with Sears but highly recommend it as a source for, among other things, decent vacuums at decent prices AND not only from the Kenmore line. Any objections? Well, you can go straight to . . . Williams-Sonoma or Bloomingdales -- and give 'em all the money you want.

Venson

It was worth a shot....nothing to lose kinda thing.......figured it was one of those right time right place things and i was all over it.  until reality hit...that is.

Even tho i work at a vac shop..i do enjoy checking out sears from time to time.....nice selection of vacs... i may pop in this sat for look at whats on sale.

thanks for the tip.

turtle1

This message was modified Aug 14, 2009 by retardturtle1
Venson

Reply #16   Aug 14, 2009 9:38 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
. . . Even tho i work at a vac shop..i do enjoy checking out sears from time to time.....nice selection of vacs... i may pop in this sat for look at whats on sale.

thanks for the tip.

turtle1

Your welcome turtle1. Besides, it never hurts to check out what the competition's up to.

Best,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #17   Aug 15, 2009 6:52 am
Venson wrote:
Your welcome turtle1. Besides, it never hurts to check out what the competition's up to.

Best,

Venson

Sadly most big box retailers show a lack of imagination in displaying the vacuum/floorcare products they sell.  Just lining them up willy nilly.  In the old days the displays of the vacuums in stores and store windows were a thing of beauty. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #18   Aug 15, 2009 9:15 am
This just came across from amazon.com on vacuum savings.  Along with this printed message:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,
As someone who has shown an interest in vacuums, you might like to know about our current savings on select upright, canister, and handheld vacuums.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_26470_12589920_fe_txt_1/?ie=UTF8&docId=1000403891

Some prices are good.  Some not so.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #19   Sep 7, 2009 3:03 pm
CarmineD wrote:
BEST BUY stores are selling the HOOVER Platinum Collection Lightweight Bagged Upright with companion canister for $299.  This is a $100 discount from the MSRP.  I'm not overly impressed with the duo but both are decent overall performers for household usage. 

Carmine D.

Rated superior to Oreck by CR.  They must not place a high value on your opinion.
HARDSELL

Reply #20   Sep 7, 2009 3:04 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Sadly most big box retailers show a lack of imagination in displaying the vacuum/floorcare products they sell.  Just lining them up willy nilly.  In the old days the displays of the vacuums in stores and store windows were a thing of beauty. 

Carmine D.

In the old days the lights were so dim and the windows so dirty that a customer could barely see the display.
CarmineD

Reply #21   Sep 7, 2009 4:57 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Rated superior to Oreck by CR.  They must not place a high value on your opinion.

Like I said HS, HOOVER bagged Platinum does better on higher pile carpets than ORECK.  ORECK does better on lower pile carpets.  Both [ORECK and HOOVER bagged Platinum] are in direct competition with each other in price and products for these lightweights.  You can't get much greater flattery than a top notch competitor like HOOVER copying pages right out of ORECK's sales strategy, product design and functions and prices.  Even Consumer Reports missed that nuance.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #22   Sep 7, 2009 4:59 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
In the old days the lights were so dim and the windows so dirty that a customer could barely see the display.

HS:

Try cleaning your glasses.  It helps you see better.

Carmine D.

Replies: 13 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42