Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Hoover Platinum Bagged Upright $14 at Sears

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
HankJones

Hoover Platinum Bagged Upright $14 at Sears
Original Message   May 22, 2009 3:20 pm
Replies: 3 - 12 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: Hoover Platinum Bagged Upright $14 at Sears
Reply #3   May 22, 2009 5:45 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
so whats the catch?what am i missing..

Hi retardturtle1,

What you missed is nothing compared to how much someone may be missing his job. Instead of inputting both the discount and price in their proper places, only the discount was input and it was erroneously placed in the price slot. Wonder if their data and inventory systems ring a bell or something?

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #4   May 22, 2009 5:54 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi retardturtle1,

What you missed is nothing compared to how much someone may be missing his job. Instead of inputting both the discount and price in their proper places, only the discount was input and it was erroneously placed in the price slot. Wonder if their data and inventory systems ring a bell or something?

Venson

I saw the HOOVER Platinum lightweight with the companion compact cleaner advertised for $399 in the SEARS sales supplement.  Ironically, Venson we were just saying that SEARS has not advertised in the newspapers in months.  Apparently, it made an exception for the MEMORIAL DAY Weekend.

As the saying goes, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #5   May 23, 2009 12:39 am
so do the people who caught this and ordered one get it for the 14 bucks....or once this error is caught  by sears do they  terminate all orders at  that price i wonder?
HARDSELL

Reply #6   May 23, 2009 6:40 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
so do the people who caught this and ordered one get it for the 14 bucks....or once this error is caught  by sears do they  terminate all orders at  that price i wonder?

I tried to order on line.  When I added to my shopping cart the price was $399 and $9 shipping.

I called Sears and gave the SSKU # to the lady rep. She liiked it up, put me on hold and came back to say that it must be a misprint.

I told her no thanks at $399.

CarmineD

Reply #7   May 23, 2009 7:02 am
Venson wrote:
Hi retardturtle1,

Venson

HI Venson:

A visit to the SEARS Web Site now shows that the error, mistake, misprint whatever is corrected and the price is $399 with the companion compact canister.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02039866000P?vName=Appliances&cName=Vacuums+%26+Floor+Care&sName=View+All

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #8   May 23, 2009 7:07 am
Also shows a savings of $60 on the HOOVER Platinum light bagged with companion canister for the MEMORIAL SALE.  Sales price of $339.  Competing with ORECK which by the way is running its own sales for the MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND.

Also note the new SEARS canister that vaclov posted in the SEARS line up of vacuum products on the Web page.  They got that one right the first time.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #9   May 23, 2009 7:10 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Thanks!  I just bought one.        DIB

Hiya DIB:

What price did you pay for the vacuum?  $14?  $399?  $339?

HankJones wrote:

Thanks for the heads up Hank.  What did you pay for the vacuum?  $14, $399, $339?  Or did you just post here as a public service announcement and didn't buy?

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 23, 2009 by CarmineD
Vacuumfreeeke

Reply #10   May 23, 2009 6:42 pm
Wal-mart near me also seemed to have that issue... they put the Hoover Platinum Bagged upright on their shelf where  a Bissell floor model used to be.  The price in front of the floor model said 39 dollars for about a week... I complained to the manager that it was false advertising, but they still woudn't honor the price!    The sign now reads 399....  Only a matter of time before they start turning up on CL and the 'bay
DysonInventsBig

Reply #11   May 24, 2009 10:42 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hiya DIB:

What price did you pay for the vacuum?  $14?  $399?  $339?

Thanks for the heads up Hank.  What did you pay for the vacuum?  $14, $399, $339?  Or did you just post here as a public service announcement and didn't buy?

Carmine D.

Carmine,

I thought Sears had some damaged and/or returns they were dumping.  I thought the description was in error and not the price.  I assumed if it were a price misprint Sears would notify me as so. - They did, "no sale per their liability and restrictions agreement".

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #12   May 25, 2009 6:51 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

I thought Sears had some damaged and/or returns they were dumping.  I thought the description was in error and not the price.  I assumed if it were a price misprint Sears would notify me as so. - They did, "no sale per their liability and restrictions agreement".

DIB

Thanks Hank.  Or is it DiB?  Either way.  Thanks.

Carmine D.

Replies: 3 - 12 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42