Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson Canada's sister [pet] site - "DysonAnimal.ca". Nicly done!

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson Canada's sister [pet] site - "DysonAnimal.ca". Nicly done!
Original Message   May 20, 2009 7:35 pm

click picture
This message was modified May 20, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 42 - 51 of 51Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Lucky1

Re: Dyson Canada's sister [pet] site - "DysonAnimal.ca". Nicly done!
Reply #42   Nov 28, 2009 2:21 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----

I’m asking for 5-10 minutes of Lucky’s and Mole’s time.

Please...
1)  Brand names/models/prices of the 5 top sellers, w/ manufacturer suggested annual belt/belt service and bag replacement costs?
2)  Brand names/models of top 3 highest priced vacuums, w/ manufacturer suggested annual belt/belt service and bag replacement costs?
3)  What does it cost in annual bag replacements to maintain 100% suction strength?
4)  Where is the money going?...Why do these [basic-in-function] vacuums have such high price tags?  Is the money going towards advertising, towards R&D, towards testing, towards patent protection, towards launching/supporting new innovations?

DIB

DIB Please read what I wrote, slower and more thoroughly... I think you get your hackles up before you finish reading. (You just don't get it. the MARKETING is making the sales not your blind fetish for technology. I don't know your relationship with the company but it's pretty typical of the Dyson people I have dealt with. It's all about INITIAL SALES. You don't care/have respect for the Retailer, The Warrantee and worst of all the Customer. These are merely an inconvenience for your company. While I appreciate your blind loyalty I also wince at how selfish and simplistic it is.) Your retort does neither address nor defend what I wrote. Your first questions look to bait me into a discussion I neither mentioned or care to debate as they are Irrelevant to what Dysons problems are (in my opinion) and your last question shows you still miss my point (You don't care/have respect for the Retailer, The Warrantee and worst of all the Customer). I don't care how good a product is, it lacks, if the Retailer can't make a profit that justifies his investment/time/dedication, the Warrantee requires shipping the product back to the company or a distant service center, or the customer gets a slick marketing campaign but not the opportunity to actually try the product or have the courtesy of a trained, knowledgeable sales person. None of this has much to do with the actual product. So your endless defending the Vacuum means little to me. It's basically like defending Art.
CarmineD

Reply #43   Nov 28, 2009 3:19 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Lucky and mole go after Dyson and those who buy Dyson religiously and vigorously.  Turnabout is fair play, I’d like a chance to pull their commodity-crap vacuums apart, their punitive-prices apart and their hype apart.

You’re in the way Carmine.

DIB

I am in the right way of thinking and unfortunately, you're not.  The answers to your questions, which you should know and not have to ask if you paid attention here, are irrelevant.  I've made the point several times to you.  Trebor too.  As well as Lucky1.  Yet, you still don't get it.  It's customer service [I forego adding the operative adjective] for Lucky1 and MOLE that makes their vacuum businesses successful.  Not the products and prices which are incidental.  

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #44   Nov 28, 2009 3:40 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
I received a Dyson Animal Canada email blast today, these Dyson blasts are looking more and more like Apple’s...  clean and concise.  Click here

DIB
Lucky1 wrote:
I read the copy... Stiff Bristle FORCED into the carpet....whoa BOY! Sounds like a disaster for carpet wear in the making. INNOVATIVE! Should fool another whole bunch of saps... I mean consumers.

Lucky,
When you go after Dyson owners - most would consider this going over the top.  When I know there are hard working people and elderly people purchasing and loving their Dyson's and you calling them saps...  well, it triggered something in me.  Now, I'm not interested in your scope or point of view of how the industry should or should not run or how James Dyson should or should not run his business.  I am interested in giving your wares and price points and [lack of] technologies a working-over as you freely and unashamedly do here with Dyson (and yes, I am baiting you).

DIB
This message was modified Nov 28, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #45   Nov 28, 2009 4:37 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Lucky,
When you go after Dyson owners - most would consider this going over the top.  When I know there are hard working people and elderly people purchasing and loving their Dyson's and you calling them saps...  well, it triggered something in me.  Now, I'm not interested in your scope or point of view of how the industry should or should not run or how James Dyson should or should not run his business.  I am interested in giving your wares and price points and [lack of] technologies a working-over as you freely and unashamedly do here with Dyson (and yes, I am baiting you).

DIB

The wares [your word] are not the key in the vacuum cleaner store business.  The vacuum and floorcare products that Lucky1, MOLE and all the other successful indies sell are dependent on their business locations and clientele.  The overriding business characteristic that they all have in common is providing excellent customer satisfaction [aka customer service].  This BTW is Trebor's point in his post too.  They have to stand behind their new/rebuilt products, all repairs, and parts sales with personal and professional integrity.  Else, they could not be/stay in business.  Do you know/have any instances of Lucky1 and MOLE not doing this?  If so, you can work them over.  If not, you really have nothing to say against their business practices and products.

Carmine D. 

Trebor

Reply #46   Nov 28, 2009 7:27 pm
DIB and Lucky1,

Gentlemen,

With respect to both of you, neither of you has truly addressed the issue of the DC28 brush roller.  Stiff, as in whose definition? Remember the original Dyson brush rollers, (the smooth
metal rods with the long soft bristles, followed by the small spiral plastic ones, again with widely spaced soft bristles) ? If those are the standard of comparison, then the DC 28 may not damage carpet. On the other hand, if the bristles are as stiff as the Windtunnel's there could be a problem on some carpets. There have already been issues with regard to using some Dysons on some carpets, yet there has been consumer demand for better pet hair pickup or this new model would not have been created. It certainly is not for the European market that this was developed. So give Dyson some credit. He is at least paying some attention to the likes/dislikes of the purchasers of his products. 

DIB,

I am nonplussed by your description of customers who buy Dyson "religiously"?   A 400.00 plus vacuum should not need replacing often enough for a buyer to be called a "religious" purchaser, unless they are praying it will be better that the one they are replacing too soon? I have nothing against Dysons. For people who like them and don't think they are overpriced for what they get, they are a perfectly acceptable choice in a vacuum cleaner. Evidently 8,000 people a day in the US think so, enough to plunk down 400.00 plus, most of them without actually trying one out. As long as that pace continues, and most of them stay sold, and people buy another Dyson when they need a new vacuum, Dyson will have nothing to worry about.  If the pace falls off, or a large number are returned, or people stray from repeat purchases, that could put a crimp in Dyson's future. And it matters not one whit what any of us say, or our opinions about what each other says, the market will tell the story. Period.

Dyson's major venues are the 'net and BBR's, Dyson's choice from the get go.  If every vac shop on the continent refused to sell and/or service Dyson, or bad mouthed Dyson, it isn't really going to effect the outcome immediately because most people buy their vacuums off the net or at a BBR. Consumer satisfaction will ultimately determine Dyson's survival or demise. If Dyson chooses to consider the vac shop dealer as irrelevant to his success or failure in the marketplace, he has the right to test that assumption. If he drops his price point another 100.00-200.00 or so across the board, he may well be able to flourish alongside the likes of TTI and Bissell without regard or concern for the independent dealer/shop owner.  We shall all have to wait and see.

Trebor

CarmineD

Reply #47   Nov 29, 2009 7:11 am
Trebor wrote:
DIB and Lucky1,

Gentlemen,

With respect to both of you, neither of you has truly addressed the issue of the DC28 brush roller.  Stiff, as in whose definition? Remember the original Dyson brush rollers, (the smooth
metal rods with the long soft bristles, followed by the small spiral plastic ones, again with widely spaced soft bristles) ? If those are the standard of comparison, then the DC 28 may not damage carpet. On the other hand, if the bristles are as stiff as the Windtunnel's there could be a problem on some carpets. There have already been issues with regard to using some Dysons on some carpets, yet there has been consumer demand for better pet hair pickup or this new model would not have been created. It certainly is not for the European market that this was developed. So give Dyson some credit. He is at least paying some attention to the likes/dislikes of the purchasers of his products. 

DIB,

I am nonplussed by your description of customers who buy Dyson "religiously"?   A 400.00 plus vacuum should not need replacing often enough for a buyer to be called a "religious" purchaser, unless they are praying it will be better that the one they are replacing too soon? I have nothing against Dysons. For people who like them and don't think they are overpriced for what they get, they are a perfectly acceptable choice in a vacuum cleaner. Evidently 8,000 people a day in the US think so, enough to plunk down 400.00 plus, most of them without actually trying one out. As long as that pace continues, and most of them stay sold, and people buy another Dyson when they need a new vacuum, Dyson will have nothing to worry about.  If the pace falls off, or a large number are returned, or people stray from repeat purchases, that could put a crimp in Dyson's future. And it matters not one whit what any of us say, or our opinions about what each other says, the market will tell the story. Period.

Dyson's major venues are the 'net and BBR's, Dyson's choice from the get go.  If every vac shop on the continent refused to sell and/or service Dyson, or bad mouthed Dyson, it isn't really going to effect the outcome immediately because most people buy their vacuums off the net or at a BBR. Consumer satisfaction will ultimately determine Dyson's survival or demise. If Dyson chooses to consider the vac shop dealer as irrelevant to his success or failure in the marketplace, he has the right to test that assumption. If he drops his price point another 100.00-200.00 or so across the board, he may well be able to flourish alongside the likes of TTI and Bissell without regard or concern for the independent dealer/shop owner.  We shall all have to wait and see.

Trebor

Hello Trebor:

In deference to Lucky1, the issue is not his to address.  It's dyson's responsibility.  Unfortunately, as we all know, most vacuum consumers need to be shown the "ins" and "outs" of vacuum product.  In the case of dyson's DC28, demo-ers need to emphasize the importance of seting the proper rug height adjustment with different carpet styles and thicknesses.  Recall for over 7 years, until the dyson airmuscle technology, dyson users were told the dyson rug nozzle head was floating and self-adjusting.  As tho this was a new technology for the industry rather than a failed concept from more than 4 decades ago that HOOVER had to deal with on the Dials.  Now, dyson has to get DC28 users to be conscious of proper rug height adjustments.  Hard to do when your primary buying clientele are big box retail shoppers who don't read user manuals.

Carmine D.

Trebor

Reply #48   Nov 29, 2009 2:49 pm
CarmineD wrote: As tho this was a new technology for the industry rather than a failed concept from more than 4 decades ago that HOOVER had to deal with

Carmine,

When did Oreck start offering height adjustment? Oh yes, when they introduced the HALO. Are you saying for more than 40 years Oreck has been peddling a failed concept?

Hmm,

Trebor
CarmineD

Reply #49   Nov 29, 2009 3:20 pm
Trebor wrote:
As tho this was a new technology for the industry rather than a failed concept from more than 4 decades ago that HOOVER had to deal with

Carmine,

When did Oreck start offering height adjustment? Oh yes, when they introduced the HALO. Are you saying for more than 40 years Oreck has been peddling a failed concept?

Hmm,

Trebor

Hello Trebor:

HOOVER Dials and Powers are full size all metal based heavy vacuums.  The Dials struggled on mid-high level carpets with their high powered suction and no rug adjustments.  Hence HOOVER added the adjustments and then transmissions.

ORECK on the other hand at less than 8 pounds fares well on most all rugs low to high.  However, note from my posts here that I give the HOOVER lightweight bagged Platinum better grades for higher carpets than ORECK and ORECK better grades for lower.  As I pointed out, no vacuum is perfect for all scenarios.

Carmine D.

Trebor

Reply #50   Nov 29, 2009 9:53 pm
Carmine,

The biggest problem with the Dial-a-Matic Hoovers was the too narrow hose into the housing.

The Panasonics, Riccars, and Simplictys do well without a height adjustment. What made the Hoover dials problematic?

Trebor
CarmineD

Reply #51   Nov 30, 2009 7:11 am
Trebor wrote:
Carmine,

The biggest problem with the Dial-a-Matic Hoovers was the too narrow hose into the housing.

The Panasonics, Riccars, and Simplictys do well without a height adjustment. What made the Hoover dials problematic?

Trebor

Hi Trebor:

Biggest problem[s] for the Dials:  I can think of a few:  The "floating head" in concert with full suction on med-high rugs; the handle breakage at the top of the bag compartment housing; the smallish plastic motor mount under the vacuum that breaks from hard pushing/pulling on rugs; the electrical plug connection in the handle that comes undone; the small dust bag, to name a few.  Not a perfect vacuum despite it's technologicl advance of 2 vacuums in 1: upright and tools.

Panasonics, RICCARS, and SIMPLICITY uprights, all post HOOVER Dial, don't use a "floating head nozzle" [reused by dyson in DC07 and 14 models] that drops down into the medium and high pile carpets.  Making them hard to push and pull.  Like I said, a failed concept from 4 decades ago quickly corrected by HOOVER with rug height adjustments and automatic transmissions.. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 42 - 51 of 51Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42