Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson Canada's sister [pet] site - "DysonAnimal.ca". Nicly done!

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson Canada's sister [pet] site - "DysonAnimal.ca". Nicly done!
Original Message   May 20, 2009 7:35 pm

click picture
This message was modified May 20, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 32 - 41 of 51Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson Canada's sister [pet] site - "DysonAnimal.ca". Nicly done!
Reply #32   Nov 26, 2009 6:59 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Procare,

I’m sure you’d agree 5 out of 5 is a good start.  And certainly better than reviewers claiming Dyson’s new technology as junk; as do the resident vacuum bag huggers.

DIB
procare wrote:
DIB,

You refer to the technology as new. new it is not . It is an old technology put to the vacuum cleaner .That is the reason it states ROOT's cyclone. Roots Blower came up with the technology before the turn of the century. It is just an innovation.

Procare

As well as rug height adjustments, like LOW, MEDIUM, and HIGH, tho brand new for dyson and DC28 Airmuscle uprights, have been a staple of the vacuum industry for almost as long as vacuums have been.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 26, 2009 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #33   Nov 26, 2009 10:58 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Procare,

I’m sure you’d agree 5 out of 5 is a good start.  And certainly better than reviewers claiming Dyson’s new technology as junk; as do the resident vacuum bag huggers.

DIB
procare wrote:
DIB,

You refer to the technology as new. new it is not . It is an old technology put to the vacuum cleaner .That is the reason it states ROOT's cyclone. Roots Blower came up with the technology before the turn of the century. It is just an innovation.

Procare

CarmineD wrote:

As well as rug height adjustments, like LOW, MEDIUM, and HIGH, tho brand new for dyson and DC28 Airmuscle uprights, have been a staple of the vacuum industry for almost as long as vacuums have been.

Carmine D.

Carmine,

I know not knowing your topic sells inside vac shops.  On here, when you dumb down patentable technologies or new technologies it's conning - or is it that you cannot get your head around the vacuum's technologies?  The Dyson pile height adjustment is done by raising and lowering the brushbar within the nozzle cavity and in concert to the nozzle being [Air] muscled into the carpeting. 

I say this DC28’s new technologies are candidates for a lighter next generation lightweight.  In concept, the vac works as advertised, only it feels heavy.  The DC15 proved the Ball concept and ultimately sold huge via lighter versions.  I’d expect lighter version/s of the Airmuscle to do the same.

DIB

This message was modified Nov 26, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #34   Nov 26, 2009 3:38 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Carmine,

I know not knowing your topic sells inside vac shops.  On here, when you dumb down patentable technologies or new technologies it's conning - or is it that you cannot get your head around the vacuum's technologies?  The Dyson pile height adjustment is done by raising and lowering the brushbar within the nozzle cavity and in concert to the nozzle being [Air] muscled into the carpeting. 

I say this DC28’s new technologies are candidates for a lighter next generation lightweight.  In concept, the vac works as advertised, only it feels heavy.  The DC15 proved the Ball concept and ultimately sold huge via lighter versions.  I’d expect lighter version/s of the Airmuscle to do the same.

DIB

Hello DiB:

Technique trumps technology every time!

Carmine D.

Lucky1

Reply #35   Nov 27, 2009 5:10 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
These 25 customer reviews represent about $12,000-$13,000 of product.  New technologies that work...sell.   

You just don't get it. the MARKETING is making the sales not your blind fetish for technology. I don't know your relationship with the company but it's pretty typical of the Dyson people I have dealt with. It's all about INITIAL SALES. You don't care/have respect for the Retailer, The Warrantee and worst of all the Customer. These are merely an inconvenience for your company. While I appreciate your blind loyalty I also wince at how selfish and simplistic it is.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #36   Nov 27, 2009 7:34 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
You just don't get it. the MARKETING is making the sales not your blind fetish for technology. I don't know your relationship with the company but it's pretty typical of the Dyson people I have dealt with. It's all about INITIAL SALES. You don't care/have respect for the Retailer, The Warrantee and worst of all the Customer. These are merely an inconvenience for your company. While I appreciate your blind loyalty I also wince at how selfish and simplistic it is.

Lucky1,

I may be unaware, but I think you have yet to post your wares by brand, model/s, bag costs, cost to keep suction at 100%, and by price.  I think a more-level playing field makes for more fun, don't you?

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #37   Nov 27, 2009 8:14 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Lucky1,

I may be unaware, but I think you have yet to post your wares by brand, model/s, bag costs, cost to keep suction at 100%, and by price.  I think a more-level playing field makes for more fun, don't you?

DIB

More accurately, not maybe, but you are unaware. 

I know the vacuum brands Lucky1 sells by his posts here.  It just takes reading and keeping up with Lucky1's posts, which you most likely haven't done. 

I don't ask the prices of these vacuum products because I know that as nationally recognized vacuum store brands these prices are pretty much standard for the industry within a specified hi-lo range.  I also know personally and professionally that vacuum consumers who buy from independent vacuum cleaner stores do not make their purchase decisions solely on price.  I'd say with 100 percent assurance that price is not the most important factor.  It is customer service: which is priceless.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 27, 2009 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #38   Nov 27, 2009 10:11 pm
CarmineD wrote:

I know the vacuum brands Lucky1 sells by his posts here.  It just takes reading and keeping up with Lucky1's posts, which you most likely haven't done. 

I don't ask the prices of these vacuum products because I know that as nationally recognized vacuum store brands these prices are pretty much standard for the industry within a specified hi-lo range.  I also know personally and professionally that vacuum consumers who buy from independent vacuum cleaner stores do not make their purchase decisions solely on price.  I'd say with 100 percent assurance that price is not the most important factor.  It is customer service: which is priceless.

Carmine D.

----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----

I’m asking for 5-10 minutes of Lucky’s and Mole’s time.

Please...
1)  Brand names/models/prices of the 5 top sellers, w/ manufacturer suggested annual belt/belt service and bag replacement costs?
2)  Brand names/models of top 3 highest priced vacuums, w/ manufacturer suggested annual belt/belt service and bag replacement costs?
3)  What does it cost in annual bag replacements to maintain 100% suction strength?
4)  Where is the money going?...Why do these [basic-in-function] vacuums have such high price tags?  Is the money going towards advertising, towards R&D, towards testing, towards patent protection, towards launching/supporting new innovations?

DIB

This message was modified Nov 27, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Trebor

Reply #39   Nov 27, 2009 11:08 pm
DIB,

The expense, or lack thereof, in annual operating costs is of small consequence if the user finds their vacuum unpleasant and clumsy to use and maintain.  A bagless vacuum
for someone with allergies, who must empty the container him/her self is ludicrous.  There is no easy way to completely avoid contact with the dust, even with emptying in a closed
trash bag.  The container still needs to be washed and dried.  How much easier and faster to simply close the seal on a hepa bag and toss it, and quickly install a replacement!

The real test of Dyson's staying power in the marketplace is whether he can keep his market share. 8,000 cleaners/day in US alone in this economy ain't too shabby.  But the comparison
of operating costs is only valid if the customer who is contemplating the purchase deems it so.  The cost of bags/ filters against the cost of the machine is not the correct one. One does not calculate the cost of oil changes against he cost of the automobile, but as an investment to prevent premature replacement.  The cost of bags, etc, are more accurately compared to the cost of carpet replacement, as a clean carpet will last longer as we all know.  The cost of bags is insignificant to one who has breathing difficulties triggered by contact with the dust. So the comparison you asked for is of no import save to the purchaser of the vacuum cleaner. 

We are approaching the point where bagged vacuums will be an oddity to younger people, like phonograph records. I stopped in to see my vac shop friend today, and witnessed a customer refer to her bagless vacuum as a "canister" vacuum. She was totally unaware that vacuums other than uprights had ver been invented.  She was only aware of bagged vacuums at all, because her first one was given to her by a relative who had purchased, as she called it a "canister" vacuum. (Dirt Devil).   She concluded that after having a "canister" vacuum that she wanted to buy a vacuum that used bags, and she was willing to pay a premium price (she chose a Miele S7 at 599.00 on sale.) She was happy  to learn that bagged vacuums were still being made and after her experience with a bagless vacuum she wanted to buy something effective, quiet, easy to use, hepa filtration, and of long lasting quality, and that used bags. The cost of a 5 pkg of bags and a hepa filter/yr was of no concern to her given the increased health and convenience of the bagged system.

Regardless of what our beliefs and preferences are here on the forum, what matters is the customer getting what they want and need, at a price they are willing to pay. Period.
CarmineD

Reply #40   Nov 28, 2009 6:49 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
I’m asking for 5-10 minutes of Lucky’s and Mole’s time.

Please...
1)  Brand names/models/prices of the 5 top sellers, w/ manufacturer suggested annual belt/belt service and bag replacement costs?
2)  Brand names/models of top 3 highest priced vacuums, w/ manufacturer suggested annual belt/belt service and bag replacement costs?
3)  What does it cost in annual bag replacements to maintain 100% suction strength?
4)  Where is the money going?...Why do these [basic-in-function] vacuums have such high price tags?  Is the money going towards advertising, towards R&D, towards testing, towards patent protection, towards launching/supporting new innovations?

DIB
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

As I posted above WRT your questions to Lucky1, the same applies to MOLE.  If you keep up with his posts here, you'd know the brands and you'd know, if you have a basic knowledge of the industry, the hi-lo price ranges of these models.

The point which obviously escapes you is that the products and their prices are not the primary business of the vacuum cleaner store owners and operators.  These change over time.  Especially over the many years that MOLE and Lucky 1 have been in the vacuum business.

The key characteristic which promotes their businesses, keeps their customers coming back year after year, and grows their businesses over time is not the products they sell and their prices.  It's customer service. 

To quote myself again:  Technique [customer service] trumps technology [products/prices] everytime.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 28, 2009 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #41   Nov 28, 2009 11:06 am
Lucky and mole go after Dyson and those who buy Dyson religiously and vigorously.  Turnabout is fair play, I’d like a chance to pull their commodity-crap vacuums apart, their punitive-prices apart and their hype apart.

You’re in the way Carmine.

DIB

This message was modified Nov 28, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 32 - 41 of 51Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42