Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Eureka 1934 The Boss

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
vaclov

Eureka 1934 The Boss
Original Message   May 17, 2009 3:56 pm
My central vacuum is currently out of service due to warping/melting pipes in the attic, and until I can rake up enough money to have an attic fan installed I had to buy a cheap temporary vacuum. I opted to buy the Eureka but have since noticed that the belts tend to wear out very quickly, I have to change them every couple of weeks and I only vacuum two to three times per week. I don't remember having to change a belt on this type of vacuum so often in the past. Is it normal for these vacuums to go through frequent belt changes? I thought about bringing out my Singer SST but its just too loud and hard to push.
Replies: 13 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: Eureka 1934 The Boss
Reply #13   Sep 23, 2009 6:31 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson, VF et al:<p>One of the disadvantages of the conventional lightbulb in/over the brush roll housing is bulb failure.  The old SINGER uprights from the 50's and more recently the RICCAR/SIMPLICITY uprights with headlights in these locations tend to blow out quickly.  Why?  Herky jerky movements and vibration of the brushroll housing.  The LED lights have overcome the bulb failure problem but are costly and generally found only in the high end uprights with premium prices.  Except of course that infamous d brand.</p><p>Carmine D.
Hi Carmine,

Thanks, point well taken. Do you know what Kenmore and Aerus have done to counter the problem in power nozzles?

I am greatly interested in LED light bulbs as of late but wonder if they are expensive because they don't quickly regenerate business by call for replacement or because they are costly to make.

My S7 Tango has the LED set-up and the PN on my Capricorn has what appears to be a florescent bulb right up front (takes a couple of seconds for it to fully light when switched on).

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #14   Sep 24, 2009 7:06 am
Hello Venson:

The risk of bulb blowouts and failures are not as great in power heads as full size vacuums.  I presume the law of physics is at work: Momentum/force is equal to the body's mass times its acceleration [as Newton tells us].  Presume that for the most part users employ the same/equivalent back and forth speed for vacuuming whether with an upright/cann with a power head.  The force required to push/pull full size vacuums with back and forth motions is far greater than the smaller and lighter power head nozzles.  When the vacuums/power heads encounter an immovable object [furniture/wall board], the impact is greater for the full size vacuums than the power heads.  Over time doing in the fragile light bulbs in the full size vacuums more frequently.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #15   Sep 24, 2009 4:46 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson:

The risk of bulb blowouts and failures are not as great in power heads as full size vacuums.  I presume the law of physics is at work: Momentum/force is equal to the body's mass times its acceleration [as Newton tells us].  Presume that for the most part users employ the same/equivalent back and forth speed for vacuuming whether with an upright/cann with a power head.  The force required to push/pull full size vacuums with back and forth motions is far greater than the smaller and lighter power head nozzles.  When the vacuums/power heads encounter an immovable object [furniture/wall board], the impact is greater for the full size vacuums than the power heads.  Over time doing in the fragile light bulbs in the full size vacuums more frequently.

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

On 12volt lights ......could you not use an  automotive / led taillight bulb ,,,,built for vibration and come in wedge or prong fitments....a little pricey but last youll buy [2 per pk]. wally carries them cheaper than auto store, but auto store has more sizes and wattages avail.....i cant see why it wouldnt work....just a thought.

turtle1

CarmineD

Reply #16   Sep 24, 2009 5:17 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
HI CARMINE

On 12volt lights ......could you not use an  automotive / led taillight bulb ,,,,built for vibration and come in wedge or prong fitments....a little pricey but last youll buy [2 per pk]. wally carries them cheaper than auto store, but auto store has more sizes and wattages avail.....i cant see why it wouldnt work....just a thought.

turtle1

Hello 'turtle1:'

The laws of physics at work.  A 12 volt auto bulb will not work in a 110-120 volt electrical appliance.  Tho it is a good thought/idea.  As a good pastor said to me recently in charity:  It's an excellent idea Carmine except it doesn't work!

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #17   Sep 25, 2009 2:06 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello 'turtle1:'

The laws of physics at work.  A 12 volt auto bulb will not work in a 110-120 volt electrical appliance.  Tho it is a good thought/idea.  As a good pastor said to me recently in charity:  It's an excellent idea Carmine except it doesn't work!

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

Some vacs use 12volt bulbs...194 ect....same as auto. ...for some reason i thought the eureka used a 12 volt bulb....been a little while since ive worked on a 1934.

turtle1

CarmineD

Reply #18   Sep 25, 2009 7:07 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
HI CARMINE

Some vacs use 12volt bulbs...194 ect....same as auto. ...for some reason i thought the eureka used a 12 volt bulb....been a little while since ive worked on a 1934.

turtle1

Hello 'turtle1':

I'm not familiar with any 12 V vacuum bulbs.  Only the 10, 15, and 25 watt with 120 v.  The EUREKA BOSS counterpart uprights with headlights use a 15 and/or 25 Watt 120 v bulb, bayonet style lock-in holder with 2 contacts.   

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #19   Sep 25, 2009 2:53 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello 'turtle1':

I'm not familiar with any 12 V vacuum bulbs.  Only the 10, 15, and 25 watt with 120 v.  The EUREKA BOSS counterpart uprights with headlights use a 15 and/or 25 Watt 120 v bulb, bayonet style lock-in holder with 2 contacts.   

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

Ibelieve its the wedge 194 and 916 bulbs.....riccar uses them.eka hvr oreck also....im almost sure of it...but then again i could be off on this one.

turtle1

CarmineD

Reply #20   Sep 25, 2009 2:59 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
HI CARMINE

Ibelieve its the wedge 194 and 916 bulbs.....riccar uses them.eka hvr oreck also....im almost sure of it...but then again i could be off on this one.

turtle1

Hi 'turtle1":

I had a SIMPLICITY upright for several years with the headlight [bulb] up front in the brushroll compartment.  I couldn't keep working bulbs [filament] in it.  Excellent candidate for the LED which it has now and are covered under the warranty].

I'll research the other vacuums to see what I come up with on the 12 V bulbs.  Thanks turtle1.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #21   Sep 25, 2009 3:03 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi 'turtle1":

I had a SIMPLICITY upright for several years with the headlight [bulb] up front in the brushroll compartment.  I couldn't keep working bulbs [filament] in it.  Excellent candidate for the LED which it has now and are covered under the warranty].

I'll research the other vacuums to see what I come up with on the 12 V bulbs.  Thanks turtle1.

Carmine D.

You should already know. A youngster like tutrtle knew this.

Hoover, Kirby, Oreck and others us them.

http://www.vacsew.com/vacuum/hoover-bulb-27313107.html

CarmineD

Reply #22   Sep 25, 2009 3:08 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
You should already know. A youngster like tutrtle knew this.

Hoover, Kirby, Oreck and others us them.

http://www.vacsew.com/vacuum/hoover-bulb-27313107.html

Like I always say, I am an eternal student of the vacuum industry.  Never too old or too smart to learn.  Thanks HS and thanks turtle1. 

Hoover Bulb - Lamp - 27313107

Hoover Bulb - Lamp - 27313107
OEM Part #27313107

12 volt 12 watt.

FoldAway U517x-xxx Model Series
Fusion U518x-xxx Model Series
EmPower U52xx-xxx Model Series
Elite Rewind U55xx-xxx Model Series
Dual V U81xx-xxx Model Series
Savvy U81xx-xxx Model Series

Also Fits Oreck, some Hoover Convertable and Hoover Concept models.

40%

Details

SKUSKU17501
Weight0.10 lbs
Price:$2.95

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 25, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 13 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42