Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"
Original Message   Mar 13, 2009 5:05 pm
Dyson Japan

This message was modified Mar 14, 2009 by Acerone
Replies: 46 - 55 of 159Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"
Reply #46   Mar 17, 2009 7:18 am
HARDSELL wrote:
 I believe there are now less than 800 billionaires on the planet.

Forbes said that in the recent edition of the Richest in the World.  Down over 300 from 2007.  You know any one who was knocked off the list?  According the Forbes wealthy list editor, nothing runs more scared than a noveau riche who falls off the billionaire's list.  After being use to the perks and prestige, they can't cope with giving them up.

Closer to earth and home, according to the latest survey of the Spectrum Group which follows these matters, the number of millionaires in the USA in 2008 fell by 27 percent.  The total number of US households with net worth of at least $1 MILLION [not counting home of residence] sank from 9.2 M in 2007 to 6.7 M in 2008.  The population of millionaires is now at the same level as 2003-4, meaning the economic crisis has erased the millionaire boom of the past 5 years.

Use to be when old man Forbes was at the helm, a friend of mine, I subscribed.  Back then they said 2/3 of the Forbes subscribers were millionaires.  Wonder if the fallen still are?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 17, 2009 by CarmineD
M00seUK

Reply #47   Mar 17, 2009 7:18 am
DC18 wrote:

P.S. We now at my place of work have Airblades installed!  I think they are the new AB02's not the AB01's!!

I've always presumed that the AB02 was a modified AB01, with slightly a different build for some international markets. Is there any designation on the unit? I've seen some which state AB01 on the side.
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #48   Mar 17, 2009 5:32 pm
M00seUK wrote:
I've always presumed that the AB02 was a modified AB01, with slightly a different build for some international markets. Is there any designation on the unit? I've seen some which state AB01 on the side.

Sorry M00seUK my fault I meant to put AB03, which I checked under the unit of one today at work.  On the UK Dyson Airblade the other week or so under the Latest News Dyson launch the AB03 which is a next generation Airblade but instead of being made from the original die-cast aluminium it is made from tough, heat resistant polycarbonate-ABS same found in Dyson Vacuum Cleaners.  So my works Airblades are the new AB03, but it not stated on the front or side only on the serial sticker\plate underneath!  They only have the 2 accreditations on the front.

DC18

HARDSELL

Reply #49   Mar 17, 2009 5:49 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Forbes said that in the recent edition of the Richest in the World.  Down over 300 from 2007.  You know any one who was knocked off the list?  According the Forbes wealthy list editor, nothing runs more scared than a noveau riche who falls off the billionaire's list.  After being use to the perks and prestige, they can't cope with giving them up.

Closer to earth and home, according to the latest survey of the Spectrum Group which follows these matters, the number of millionaires in the USA in 2008 fell by 27 percent.  The total number of US households with net worth of at least $1 MILLION [not counting home of residence] sank from 9.2 M in 2007 to 6.7 M in 2008.  The population of millionaires is now at the same level as 2003-4, meaning the economic crisis has erased the millionaire boom of the past 5 years.

Use to be when old man Forbes was at the helm, a friend of mine, I subscribed.  Back then they said 2/3 of the Forbes subscribers were millionaires.  Wonder if the fallen still are?

Carmine D.

Several of my closest friends were knocked off the list.  I was only $99 short of being on the list.  I may give up buying cars, mowers, golf clubs and vacuums to try again to get on the list of billionaires.

I have ocean front property on the north side of Las Vegas.  I will sell it cheap if you are interested.

M00seUK

Reply #50   Mar 18, 2009 4:39 am
DC18 wrote:
Sorry M00seUK my fault I meant to put AB03, which I checked under the unit of one today at work.  On the UK Dyson Airblade the other week or so under the Latest News Dyson launch the AB03 which is a next generation Airblade but instead of being made from the original die-cast aluminium it is made from tough, heat resistant polycarbonate-ABS same found in Dyson Vacuum Cleaners.  So my works Airblades are the new AB03, but it not stated on the front or side only on the serial sticker\plate underneath!  They only have the 2 accreditations on the front.

DC18

Ah, right. Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I've noticed that models at some locations are made of ABS/Polycarbonate.
CarmineD

Reply #51   Mar 18, 2009 7:18 am
HARDSELL wrote:

I have ocean front property on the north side of Las Vegas.  I will sell it cheap if you are interested.

No, not interested.  If I want a water view, I'll put my underground irrigation system on manual and let it run for a day or two.  It will flood the neighborhood!

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #52   Mar 18, 2009 7:34 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Several of my closest friends were knocked off the list.  I was only $99 short of being on the list.  I may give up buying cars, mowers, golf clubs and vacuums to try again to get on the list of billionaires.

You know the definition of a recession?  When your neighbor's wife loses her job.  You know the definition of a depression [with a small d]?  When your neighbor loses his job.  You know the definition of a Depression [with a large D].  When you lose your job!

Nice to know that you have not been affected [yet]!  Vegas and Nevada have been hard hit.  Probably one of the worse affected in the country on all accounts:  Jobs loss, property values depressed, foreclosures, ad infinitum.  Even the influx of people out-of-state and country, so long the foundation of the construction industry which fueled the people and business growth, has subsided to all time lows.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #53   Mar 19, 2009 7:46 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

We discussed the decline in auto sales months ago.  As usual you wanted all to believe that Toyota was the only manufacturer suffering.  All are still feeling the crunch as they were back then.

Lexus, your fave luxury brand, was dropped from the top dependabilty spot by J.D. Power & Associates.  Beat out by BUICK.  Seems car buyers are trading down too not just vacuum purchasers.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #54   Mar 19, 2009 9:30 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Lexus, your fave luxury brand, was dropped from the top dependabilty spot by J.D. Power & Associates.  Beat out by BUICK.  Seems car buyers are trading down too not just vacuum purchasers.

Carmine D.

I like buicks.  THey have always been GM's quality auto IMO.  Better than Cadillac.

They still do not drive and rid as good as the Lexus. 

CarmineD

Reply #55   Mar 20, 2009 7:44 am
As a car aficionado you know it takes about 4 to 5 years to take a new vehicle from the desk to the dealer.  Even changes to an existing model can take as long as 2 years.  I mentioned here several years ago exclusively for your benefit that toyota was taking the fast track on new products.  Ignoring the industry practices and using computer graphics instead to shorten the life-cycle of product design and implementation to less than a year.  It's had its consequences.  Still, as you say, Lexus is a nice riding car.

Carmine D.

Replies: 46 - 55 of 159Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42