Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"
Original Message   Mar 13, 2009 5:05 pm
Dyson Japan

This message was modified Mar 14, 2009 by Acerone
Replies: 38 - 47 of 159Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"
Reply #38   Mar 15, 2009 6:25 pm
DC18,

The DC26 use a carbon brush motor.  The DDM was said to be noisy [costly too].

Look closely at the ball (hemisphere wheels) at the floor tool/pn, - very innovative. There is a video (below) of it's development on the Japanese DC26 web page.

DIB

http://dyson.co.jp/dc26/story/default.asp

http://kaden.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/news/2009/03/13/3657.html
This message was modified Mar 15, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #39   Mar 15, 2009 6:46 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Numbers??????????

Your self proclaimed brilliance is covered by a cloud. 

In due time, all the numbers will come out.  Patience.

But since you asked, here is a number from the Federal Reserve to wet your appetite.  It was released on Friday March 13 accompanied by a full front page article.   Since WW11 the Fed has tracked and reported on the wealth of Americans every year.  During this time, its always gone up, year over year, save last year.  Total wealth of Americans went down by 18 percent for a net loss of $11 TRILLION dollars.  You know the reasons for the wealth [asset] declines: Home values plummeted, 401 K's tanked, unemployment rose.

Now to get a feel for the magnitude and meaning of this number:  $11 TRILLION.  It exceeds the combined total of the annual output for Germany, the UK and Japan last year. 

Since you follow the new auto sales, you know the sale of all luxury cars was down last year and many luxury car brand companies like BWM and even your fave Toyota reported losses last year.  They both are predicting losses this year.  It's called the "wealth effect."  When wealth is growing, US consumers splurge and particularly on luxury items.  With the steep losses in wealth, it now cuts the other way spurring frugality.  What I called in my synopsis of vacuum sales a retail phenomenon called "trading down."

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #40   Mar 15, 2009 7:39 pm
Carmine:  Get it together first...  get the numbers, facts and relevant info and then post your positions.  The "Believe me I'm a vac professional/industry professional" is a "line" and it may or may not of worked magic in your shop.  On the web fact checking is oh so easy.

I liked Model2's FaceBook illustration, it reminded me of Apple users posting their love for their Macs.

Model2:  Good illustration (FaceBook and Palace), just be prepared to be challenged - always.  I’ve learned to take these challenges, attacks and otherwise and use it for my betterment.  I can smoke these guys if and when I choose.  I back off much and let em have their fun.

DIB
This message was modified Mar 15, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

HARDSELL

Reply #41   Mar 15, 2009 8:16 pm
CarmineD wrote:
In due time, all the numbers will come out.  Patience.

But since you asked, here is a number from the Federal Reserve to wet your appetite.  It was released on Friday March 13 accompanied by a full front page article.   Since WW11 the Fed has tracked and reported on the wealth of Americans every year.  During this time, its always gone up, year over year, save last year.  Total wealth of Americans went down by 18 percent for a net loss of $11 TRILLION dollars.  You know the reasons for the wealth [asset] declines: Home values plummeted, 401 K's tanked, unemployment rose.

Now to get a feel for the magnitude and meaning of this number:  $11 TRILLION.  It exceeds the combined total of the annual output for Germany, the UK and Japan last year. 

Since you follow the new auto sales, you know the sale of all luxury cars was down last year and many luxury car brand companies like BWM and even your fave Toyota reported losses last year.  They both are predicting losses this year.  It's called the "wealth effect."  When wealth is growing, US consumers splurge and particularly on luxury items.  With the steep losses in wealth, it now cuts the other way spurring frugality.  What I called in my synopsis of vacuum sales a retail phenomenon called "trading down."

Carmine D.

If you didn't know all of this before Friday it is further proof that yhour brilliance can't shine beyond the cloud.  I believe there are now less than 800 billionaires on the planet.

We discussed the decline in auto sales months ago.  As usual you wanted all to believe that Toyota was the only manufacturer suffering.  All are still feeling the crunch as they were back then.

I never said you are right or wrong.  I simply asked for numbers.  As usual you can't provide. Yet you think the rest should.

This message was modified Mar 15, 2009 by HARDSELL
CarmineD

Reply #42   Mar 16, 2009 7:48 am
Getting the numbers is the hard part.  Why?  If you completed your 2008 taxes, you know that the IRS extended the due date for mailing of all pertinent tax documentation from Jan 31, to Feb 15.  Something about a Stimulus Package that caused the dealy.  Considering it was a Sunday and the next day an official Holiday, the real due date was Feb17.  This in turn extends all reporting dates.  Like the requirement for publicly held companies to file financials for 2008 by March 31, 2009.  Privately held companies are even longer.  Recall dyson issued 2007 financials in November 2008.  A luxury of being owned by one person who does not share data unless it is spun to his and company's best light.  Then once all the data is individually reported it has to be collected, verified, compared and reported.  Takes time.   But it always comes out sooner or later.

Carmine D.

PS:  I am retired and haven't worked in/for the vacuum industry in over 2 years.  I have no inside information, no more professional connections and no business contacts.  I spend full time in enjoyment watching and assisting my 3 grand children grow up and occasionally mentoring them with their vacuum interests, among other matters of importance to little ones.  And occasionally spend a few minutes a day posting here for the benefit of others. 

This message was modified Mar 16, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #43   Mar 16, 2009 7:51 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
 I can smoke these guys if and when I choose.  I back off much and let em have their fun.

DIB

Only thing you are smoking is a double bong!  The fun is watching you run for cover when you get caught.

Carmine D.

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #44   Mar 16, 2009 5:34 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
DC18,

The DC26 use a carbon brush motor.  The DDM was said to be noisy [costly too].

Look closely at the ball (hemisphere wheels) at the floor tool/pn, - very innovative. There is a video (below) of it's development on the Japanese DC26 web page.

DIB

http://dyson.co.jp/dc26/story/default.asp

http://kaden.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/news/2009/03/13/3657.html

Thanks DIB for the info.  Thought it might use a carbon brush motor!  Although I believe they are trying to work on more smaller, quieter, powerful versions of the DDM!  Do like the new floor tool, looks air driven not motor driven?   Very different to the ball on the motorhead power nozzle!

DC18

P.S. We now at my place of work have Airblades installed!  I think they are the new AB02's not the AB01's!!

DysonInventsBig

Reply #45   Mar 16, 2009 7:07 pm
DC18 wrote:
Thanks DIB for the info.  Thought it might use a carbon brush motor!  Although I believe they are trying to work on more smaller, quieter, powerful versions of the DDM!  Do like the new floor tool, looks air driven not motor driven?   Very different to the ball on the motorhead power nozzle!

DC18

P.S. We now at my place of work have Airblades installed!  I think they are the new AB02's not the AB01's!!

DC18,
The hemispherical wheels/ball look like they steer the nozzle well.

The nozzles are air and motor driven.  The Motorhead uses a Telescopic Wrap system.

On a “cool factor” rating, IMO the DC26 is just as cool as the DDM DC22.  Sir James is on the attack of late by out-inventing his *enemies and rivals.

The Airblade’s are great.  Folks like to comment on them as you’re drying your hands.

DIB

*Those mfgs. who strong-arm and steal from Dyson.
This message was modified Mar 16, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #46   Mar 17, 2009 7:18 am
HARDSELL wrote:
 I believe there are now less than 800 billionaires on the planet.

Forbes said that in the recent edition of the Richest in the World.  Down over 300 from 2007.  You know any one who was knocked off the list?  According the Forbes wealthy list editor, nothing runs more scared than a noveau riche who falls off the billionaire's list.  After being use to the perks and prestige, they can't cope with giving them up.

Closer to earth and home, according to the latest survey of the Spectrum Group which follows these matters, the number of millionaires in the USA in 2008 fell by 27 percent.  The total number of US households with net worth of at least $1 MILLION [not counting home of residence] sank from 9.2 M in 2007 to 6.7 M in 2008.  The population of millionaires is now at the same level as 2003-4, meaning the economic crisis has erased the millionaire boom of the past 5 years.

Use to be when old man Forbes was at the helm, a friend of mine, I subscribed.  Back then they said 2/3 of the Forbes subscribers were millionaires.  Wonder if the fallen still are?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 17, 2009 by CarmineD
M00seUK

Reply #47   Mar 17, 2009 7:18 am
DC18 wrote:

I've always presumed that the AB02 was a modified AB01, with slightly a different build for some international markets. Is there any designation on the unit? I've seen some which state AB01 on the side.
Replies: 38 - 47 of 159Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42