Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Full Hoover Platinum Collection Microsite now up...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
TTIpowerT

Full Hoover Platinum Collection Microsite now up...
Original Message   Feb 20, 2009 5:06 pm
http://www.hoover.com/platinum/
Replies: 26 - 35 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
lazaruspup

Re: Full Hoover Platinum Collection Microsite now up...
Reply #26   Apr 2, 2009 9:42 am
So a last update on the Hoover Platinum at my house. So after winning the HH, I was vexed on whether to return the Platinum or to relegate to my mom. Well I happened to go to an estate sale over the weekend and picked up a a Bissell ProLite bagged upright for a couple bucks. The thing looks brand spankin' new. I brought it home, called around to find a bag and loaded up the ProLite and the bagged Platinum and off to mom's house. They have wall to wall thick plush carpet that is about ten years old. It has had a Dyson DC07 used on it for about 4 years with the occasional use of a Bissell Widetrak. My dad hates getting the Dyson out. I ran the Platinum through the house with a fresh bag and noticed something odd. The doggy smell that I normally didn't get until about week two at my house was immediately noticeable at my mom's. I thought this might mean that the vac was picking up more crud at her house. I then put a fresh bag in the ProLite and ran it throughout the entire house. No smell and much quieter, even though its a tandem fan direct air upright. I checked the bags after I was done and wouldn't you know it, the ProLite had TWICE as much dirt and hair in it than the Platinum. Now just for arguments sake, I ran the Dyson back over all this area and didn't pick much else up, some dander and small particulate. So, the Platinum went back to the store, thank goodness for Wally World's 90 day return policy. The $5 ProLite is now my mom's primary machine and I'll sell her Dyson on eBay and get a hundred bucks out of it. Thus ends the Hoover saga at our house. I am not sure I'll venture to buy another Hoover product unless they invent the robot vacuum that empties itself, that MIGHT bring me back around. :)
CarmineD

Reply #27   Apr 2, 2009 12:29 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I did not notice this as being a cordless stick.

Try re-reading the my post you excerpted.  It's there.  W*M has a shelve load of cordless power WT sticks.  Much to the chagrin of other local retailers who are out of stock.  W*M was correct in concluding that it would be a popular seller and performer.  If you have the time and inclination read the reviews of the HSN buyers for the WT cordless lynx stick.  Very impressive.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #28   Apr 2, 2009 12:31 pm
lazaruspup wrote:
So a last update on the Hoover Platinum at my house. So after winning the HH, I was vexed on whether to return the Platinum or to relegate to my mom. Well I happened to go to an estate sale over the weekend and picked up a a Bissell ProLite bagged upright for a couple bucks. The thing looks brand spankin' new. I brought it home, called around to find a bag and loaded up the ProLite and the bagged Platinum and off to mom's house. They have wall to wall thick plush carpet that is about ten years old. It has had a Dyson DC07 used on it for about 4 years with the occasional use of a Bissell Widetrak. My dad hates getting the Dyson out. I ran the Platinum through the house with a fresh bag and noticed something odd. The doggy smell that I normally didn't get until about week two at my house was immediately noticeable at my mom's. I thought this might mean that the vac was picking up more crud at her house. I then put a fresh bag in the ProLite and ran it throughout the entire house. No smell and much quieter, even though its a tandem fan direct air upright. I checked the bags after I was done and wouldn't you know it, the ProLite had TWICE as much dirt and hair in it than the Platinum. Now just for arguments sake, I ran the Dyson back over all this area and didn't pick much else up, some dander and small particulate. So, the Platinum went back to the store, thank goodness for Wally World's 90 day return policy. The $5 ProLite is now my mom's primary machine and I'll sell her Dyson on eBay and get a hundred bucks out of it. Thus ends the Hoover saga at our house. I am not sure I'll venture to buy another Hoover product unless they invent the robot vacuum that empties itself, that MIGHT bring me back around. :)

Excellent!  Thank you.  Based on your review here and posts, I've scrubbed the lightweight and companion canister from my list.  I'll probably upgrade the 2 year old ORECK upright instead. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #29   Apr 2, 2009 4:07 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Try re-reading the my post you excerpted.  It's there.  W*M has a shelve load of cordless power WT sticks.  Much to the chagrin of other local retailers who are out of stock.  W*M was correct in concluding that it would be a popular seller and performer.  If you have the time and inclination read the reviews of the HSN buyers for the WT cordless lynx stick.  Very impressive.

Carmine D.

You should do the reading.  I know you have a problem with apprehending.

You named 3 Hoovers are at WM.  I said that you are late with the news.  I compared the HH with one that you named.

Pay attention.

CarmineD

Reply #30   Apr 2, 2009 6:21 pm
A BISSELL Healthy Home is a full sized upright and should not be compared pound for pound with the HOOVER/TTI lightweight bagged upright and/or Lynx bagless cordless power stick.  Possibly the full sized HOOVER/TTI bagless upright, but then the BISSELL HH has been around for a number of years with an established performance reputation.  The latest HOOVER/TTI Platinum bagless is just months old.  Granted too with the 5 year warranty and the HOOVER WT brush roll look-alike the BISSELL HEALTHY HOME, especially with its consistently high Consumer Reports ratings and price tag of $250 [before discounts] is a winner on all accounts.  On that last point, I agree with you sir.

Carmine D. 

HARDSELL

Reply #31   Apr 2, 2009 7:03 pm
CarmineD wrote:
A BISSELL Healthy Home is a full sized upright and should not be compared pound for pound with the HOOVER/TTI lightweight bagged upright and/or Lynx bagless cordless power stick.  Possibly the full sized HOOVER/TTI bagless upright, but then the BISSELL HH has been around for a number of years with an established performance reputation.  The latest HOOVER/TTI Platinum bagless is just months old.  Granted too with the 5 year warranty and the HOOVER WT brush roll look-alike the BISSELL HEALTHY HOME, especially with its consistently high Consumer Reports ratings and price tag of $250 [before discounts] is a winner on all accounts.  On that last point, I agree with you sir.

Carmine D. 

So you admit that the light weight Orecks and Hoovers are inferior to a full size vacuum.  What is full size?  You report on how big Oreck and other bags are. I never figured why.  It would take months to fill the smallest bag made using an Oreck. I believe that Oreck is as wide as full sized.  Both Hoover and Oreck advertise how the out perform all others.

Yet, each time a Hoover or Oreck is out performed you tell us not to compare to full sized vacs.  I suppose full size is related to superior performance and not physical size.

CarmineD

Reply #32   Apr 3, 2009 7:32 am
HARDSELL wrote:
So you admit that the light weight Orecks ...are inferior to a full size vacuum. 

Like you said, there are always exceptions.  ORECK is an exception.  Interestingly, Consumer Reports, like you, never makes distinctions on vacuums by size/weight, except by label, and ranks and rates all equally.  CR does however separate canisters, sticks, and handhelds from uprights.  As is most appropriate.

BTW, just to repeat myself for the benefit of those who missed it:  HOOVER/TTI is offering the lightweight bagged/companion compact canister on TV ads for 5 payments of $90.  Just like ORECK.  ORECK was also the exception for vacuum sales in 2008.  While not record setting, ORECK sales held their own in one of the worse economic downturns since the Great Depression of the 30's.  AND bought out the rights of the now defunct halo vacuums in 2008, which went belly up so quickly, in large part due to the bad US economy. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #33   Apr 4, 2009 6:00 pm
Monk, the proverbial poster child for clean freaks with OCD, is the latest HOOVER/TTI TV spokesman for the latest 6 Platinum floorcae collection.  Careful that's him with the accucharge cordless power handcleaner finding and eating dirt wherever it lies. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #34   Apr 5, 2009 7:14 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Monk, the proverbial poster child for clean freaks with OCD, is the latest HOOVER/TTI TV spokesman for the latest 6 Platinum floorcae collection.  Careful that's him with the accucharge cordless power handcleaner finding and eating dirt wherever it lies. 

Carmine D.

Both characters are fictional.  I wonder what Hoover spent in promotional fees to be on the stupid show.
CarmineD

Reply #35   Apr 6, 2009 7:37 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Both characters are fictional.  I wonder what Hoover spent in promotional fees to be on the stupid show.

Sounds like a tad bid of jealousy.  If it were dyson, you'd be singing his praises.  The king of clean.

Carmine D.

Replies: 26 - 35 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42