Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

News ? ? ?
Original Message   Jan 7, 2009 7:44 pm
HI,

I picked up a couple of interesting facts on the news -- or at least they are claimed to be facts.

One -- Americans have stopped buying cars.  In past, the average has been a new car about every three to four years.  It is now expected that car owners will revert to the practice from way back in the day of a new car approximately every seven to nine years.  Of course the question is, do any American car makers produce a car that last seven to nine years?

This also may have been discussed here but just in case . . .

Spending by the average American is claimed to have been percentage-wise the same for at least the ;last thirty years.  It only seemed we had more due to easily accessible credit.  We may have never been ahead of the game.

Venson
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Re: News ? ? ?
Reply #1   Jan 8, 2009 3:21 am
Abby's Guide-Vacuums
Venson

Reply #2   Jan 8, 2009 6:04 am
Mike_W wrote:
Abby's Guide-Vacuums

Yes Mike, you're correct and the point is recognized.  However, though the approach was certainly whimsical, the idea was intended as fodder for thought regarding buying trends even down to current vacuum purchasing.  I'd just decided to spare a few keystrokes and let it fly.

Happy New Year,

Venson
This message was modified Jan 8, 2009 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #3   Jan 8, 2009 7:28 am
Hello Venson:

In comparing the two industries: vacuums and vehicles, the repair and parts aspects are recession proof.  Both industries see considerably more work in hard economic times when people keep their cars and vacuums longer and rely on repairs, parts and maintenance more.

Also, despite the negative spin on both industries, today's vehicles and vacuums are the best performing/operating than ever in their history.  With some TLC both [vehicles and vacuums] can easily last 7-9 years before replacement.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 8, 2009 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #4   Jan 12, 2009 3:19 pm
Venson wrote:
HI,

I picked up a couple of interesting facts on the news -- or at least they are claimed to be facts.

One -- Americans have stopped buying cars.  In past, the average has been a new car about every three to four years.  It is now expected that car owners will revert to the practice from way back in the day of a new car approximately every seven to nine years.  Of course the question is, do any American car makers produce a car that last seven to nine years?

This also may have been discussed here but just in case . . .

Spending by the average American is claimed to have been percentage-wise the same for at least the ;last thirty years.  It only seemed we had more due to easily accessible credit.  We may have never been ahead of the game.

Venson

Can you post or PM me with a link to this article or info?

Thank you.
DIB

Venson

Reply #5   Jan 12, 2009 9:17 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Can you post or PM me with a link to this article or info?

Thank you.
DIB

Hi DIB,

I'll be glad to.  Just give me a couple of days to find it again.

Best,

Venson
DysonInventsBig

Reply #6   Jan 13, 2009 2:28 am
Thanks

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42