Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
TTIpowerT

NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION
Original Message   Oct 25, 2008 9:43 pm
http://www.hooverpressroom.com/

The Hoover Platinum Collection according to ASTM608 carpet testing includes the best cleaning bagged upright and best cleaning cyclonic bagless upright on the market today!

Includes:

*Linx cordless system with 18v Lithium ion technology on a hand and light/stick vac.

*Bagged Upright: Most powerful lightweight vacuum in the marketplace removes more dirt in one pass than other uprights(ASTM F-608)

*Baggless Upright : Removes more dirt than any other bagless vacuum on the market using multi-stage cyclonic filtration system and Hoover’s patented WindTunnel™ technology which utilizes three suction tunnels to lift and remove even the hidden dirt (Per ASTM F608)

*New Carpet Cleaner Removes more dirt from carpet than any other leading brand of carpet cleaner (test FCTP-0024)

*Best in class 6 yr warranty!
Replies: 46 - 55 of 89Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION
Reply #46   Dec 3, 2008 9:21 pm
hoovergroover wrote:
I work / worked for Hoover these units will hit the stores @ $179.99 (stick vac) 199.99 as of now at service centers..  who knows if you have a relationship with one of us maybe you could get a hellofa deal.. (we are closing).. your right where is the windtunnel.. none.. (Ithought it would dilute the name)...but that is not to say this thing is not a complete beast.. You can dump a 3-4 inch pile of crap on the floor and it will devoure it. It runs for 12-16 minutes on a charge using a lithium ion battery which charges full in 3 Hours. No degradation of suction over time when the battery is out is just cuts off. It is sweet. No edge cleaning, but put a pebble or whatever is small and heavy on the edge approach the object head on and the opening in the front will pick it up. I love the thing! I clean our store with it all the time it is all I use. The hand vac is ok.. the duster doesn't stay out.. put a half pound of pressure on it it goes back over the crevice tool. But it has good suction and good run time. Pray for us at Hoover, we need it, let us find jobs and support our little families... Our last day is Dec 31, 2008. God bless.

Hey hoovergroover,

I'm very glad to hear good things about the Hoover Platinum lightweight.  Nonetheless, I may be being made "redunant" in not too long a time myself so I cannot only sympathize but empathize.  I sincerely, hope that you and the other workers can transition from your present situations to a new ones without much problem. 

Odd isn't?  People going around literally trampling other people to death just buy things but, even for all, that businesses can't afford to pay employees.

Anyway . . . again . . . may this all prove merely a small inconvenient point in your history.

Best,

Venson
TTIpowerT

Reply #47   Dec 3, 2008 9:56 pm
RESPONDING TO DYSONINVENTSBIG POST/PHOTOS:

The Hoover Linx Stick Vac DOES have WINDTUNNEL Technology. The photo you took has the bottom cover on and looks exactly like any other Hoover WindTunnel from that view (exception being WT2 units bc bright green/orange/red color chambers).

If you remove the bottom cover (as i'm sure you have) and compare with other Hoover WT uprights you'll see it's exactly the same. It is of course designed to scale around the brushroll as the Linx Stick Vac has a smaller nozzle then other WT uprights and yet still out cleans the leading corded upright competitors! :)
This message was modified Dec 3, 2008 by TTIpowerT
DysonInventsBig

Reply #48   Dec 4, 2008 1:46 am
hoovergroover wrote:
I work / worked for Hoover these units will hit the stores @ $179.99 (stick vac) 199.99 as of now at service centers..  who knows if you have a relationship with one of us maybe you could get a hellofa deal.. (we are closing).. your right where is the windtunnel.. none.. (Ithought it would dilute the name)...but that is not to say this thing is not a complete beast.. You can dump a 3-4 inch pile of crap on the floor and it will devoure it. It runs for 12-16 minutes on a charge using a lithium ion battery which charges full in 3 Hours. No degradation of suction over time when the battery is out is just cuts off. It is sweet. No edge cleaning, but put a pebble or whatever is small and heavy on the edge approach the object head on and the opening in the front will pick it up. I love the thing! I clean our store with it all the time it is all I use. The hand vac is ok.. the duster doesn't stay out.. put a half pound of pressure on it it goes back over the crevice tool. But it has good suction and good run time. Pray for us at Hoover, we need it, let us find jobs and support our little families... Our last day is Dec 31, 2008. God bless.

Hoovergroover,

I could not be any more sorry for your situation.  I have and will continue to pray for you and yours and the many other Americans who need Gods help.  Keep trusting in Him, He has delivered the answer, opened doors, etc., for me and my family many, many times.        DIB

P.S.  Thanks for the Windtunnel response.
This message was modified Dec 4, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

DysonInventsBig

Reply #49   Dec 4, 2008 2:27 am
TTIpowerT wrote:

The Hoover Linx Stick Vac DOES have WINDTUNNEL Technology. The photo you took has the bottom cover on and looks exactly like any other Hoover WindTunnel from that view (exception being WT2 units bc bright green/orange/red color chambers).

If you remove the bottom cover (as i'm sure you have) and compare with other Hoover WT uprights you'll see it's exactly the same. It is of course designed to scale around the brushroll as the Linx Stick Vac has a smaller nozzle then other WT uprights and yet still out cleans the leading corded upright competitors! :)

TTIpower,

I've never seen this vac in person and only pulled the undercarriage image off another site and used a promo pic too.  It does not look like there is a Windtunnel there.  HooverGrover says no Windtunnel and you're saying there is.  It is clear as mud. :)  Can you describe the filtration?  What is the leading corded upright (I assmue you're talking corded stick)?

Is the $120 price tag on the Platinium handheld is in response to the $149 Dyson Handleld and/or it's sucess?
Thanks.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #50   Dec 4, 2008 7:28 am
Hello TTIpowerT:

Your description of the HOOVER WT technology fits my WT Upright Supreme perfectly.  WT technology maximizes the suction power produced by the vacuum/revolving brush equally across the entire nozzle opening.  Unlike most uprights which have uneven [from poor to better] suction power across the nozzle opening.  The latter requires several passes over the same carpet area for comparable WT cleaning results with a single pass.  I like the cordless stick vacuum and price.  Glad to hear good initial reviews.

Hoovergroover:

Sorry to hear the news about your employment situation with HOOVER/TTI.  Maybe it's an opportunity to venture out and possibly open up your own vacuum cleaner business.   You have the industry background and foundation.  The rest will come easily. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 4, 2008 by CarmineD
hoovergroover

Reply #51   Dec 4, 2008 10:15 am
TTIpowerT wrote:

Perhaps your confused about what windtunnel means. Windtunnel refers to the 3 disinct air pathways generated inside the agitator housing. The first being on the leading edged of the cleaner which travels the entire length of the agitator housing which picks larger litter. The second refers to the helix design of the agitator. As is spins it creates the vortex. The last steps in "windtunnel" is the rear air pathway which also covers the entire length of the agitator housing which picks the fine dust agitated out of the carpet. These 3 distinct pathways is "Windtunnel". The linx stick vac does have the helix brush, and as the picture shows it lacks the same front nozzle pathway and the rear pathway is different as well. Not to say this design isn't good, it picks up better than the Hoover flair. Not do to it's power (motor), but due to the nozzle design (center nozzle cut out) and the bristle length. However as a side note, which some of you may see a benifit to (finer carpets ie. wool/silk) the bristle tensile strength is not nearly as aggresive as the fullsized uprights or can powerheads which I am sure some of you did not like not because it didn't clean, but because the brush is stiff and perhaps wear certain carpets although I can't testify to that statement. TTI did do many many things correct. I'll name some just to be fair and in hopes that they read this although they already know. TTI had the hopes of being the most admired floor care company in the world. This was to be centered around genuine authentic people, innovative products and first class customer service. If a unit was a little out of warranty.. cover it.. if somebody lived to far away from a service center or authorized warranty center send them a new unit.. Customer is very angry.. send them a new cleaner.. Price not low enough.. lower it.. deal not sweet enough give them free bags or detergent. Their products ( ok some say and it may be so that they are copying some designs) were getting better. Evident by changes to the F7 series steamvac upper tanks, the Self Proppled actuator arm reinforcement evident by the double x's hot stamped on the bar and don't forget the S3670 (ok looks like a miele and some others..). The quality was and still may be there, and is getting better. Look at the new 3 and 6 years warranty.. 
This message was modified Dec 12, 2008 by hoovergroover
CarmineD

Reply #52   Dec 5, 2008 7:07 am
Hello Hoovergroover:

The lease costs/overhead were killing the stores' bottom lines even before TTI bought HOOVER.  Some questions: What's really for sale with the HOOVER FACTORY STORES?  Who has money to buy in the current economy?  What are you really buying?  

The new vacuum inventory can/probably is being sold off at bargain basement prices.  What's left?  A lease.  On an unprofitable space in a market that is saturated with unrented stores.  Some unwanted vacuum parts.  Some customer names and numbers [of which only 10 percent are probably loyal HOOVER brand customers].  Some hand tools [if they don't already belong to the staff].  Maybe a store telephone number!  How much are all these together worth?  

Is the HOOVER name for sale with the store lease/buy?  If so, that's an intangible asset with real value.  If I were younger and so inclined, I'd seek out a good store location where the building is for sale [if there are any] and negotiate a deal to buy it.  The building is a tangible asset in a depressed market [regardless of the store business].  Add the HOOVER name to the building, the buyer gets a plus with the purchase of the building for a vacuum business.  

WRT HOOVER WT technology, and I haven't seen the new HOOVER Cordless stick vac up close and personal, it looks like HOOVER borrowed a page from the Floormate design for the new stick vacuum nozzle.  If so, I opine that perhaps HOOVER changed the configuration of the WT technology design/components while still achieving the WT technology effects.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 5, 2008 by CarmineD
TTIpowerT

Reply #53   Dec 5, 2008 9:59 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Hoovergroover:<p>The lease costs/overhead were killing the stores' bottom lines even before TTI bought HOOVER.  Some questions: What's really for sale with the HOOVER FACTORY STORES?  Who has money to buy in the current economy?  What are you really buying?  </p><p>The new vacuum inventory can/probably is being sold off at bargain basement prices.  What's left?  A lease.  On an unprofitable space in a market that is saturated with unrented stores.  Some unwanted vacuum parts.  Some customer names and numbers [of which only 10 percent are probably loyal HOOVER brand customers].  Some hand tools [if they don't already belong to the staff].  Maybe a store telephone number!  How much are all these together worth?  </p><p>Is the HOOVER name for sale with the store lease/buy?  If so, that's an intangible asset with real value.  If I were younger and so inclined, I'd seek out a good store location where the building is for sale [if there are any] and negotiate a deal to buy it.  The building is a tangible asset in a depressed market [regardless of the store business].  Add the HOOVER name to the building, the buyer gets a plus with the purchase of the building for a vacuum business.  </p><p>WRT HOOVER WT technology, and I haven't seen the new HOOVER Cordless stick vac up close and personal, it looks like HOOVER borrowed a page from the Floormate design for the new stick vacuum nozzle.  If so, I opine that perhaps HOOVER changed the configuration of the WT technology design/components while still achieving the WT technology effects.</p><p>Carmine D.

Carmine,

A quick replay regarding the Linx Stick Vac....Again, the WT technology design follows the same engineering configuration as your WT corded upright and is scaled down to the smaller nozzle/brush roll.

The Linx Stick Vac outperforms traditional CORDED UPRIGHTS Per ASTM F2607.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #54   Dec 5, 2008 1:15 pm
Re: Hoover Linx Platinum Stick Vacuum.

Would anyone with knowledge care to discuss...
  •  The choke point (i.e., the weakest link in the filtration chain)?  So how does it filter exactly?
  •  What is the filter maintenance schedule and how is it performed (how to clean)?
  •  The battery shutting down/off instead of running down like most vacuums - smells of marketing "hype".  Am I missing something, where is the mechanical benefit?  Anyone?

DIB
This message was modified Dec 5, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Venson

Reply #55   Dec 5, 2008 2:03 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Re: Hoover Linx Platinum Stick Vacuum.

Would anyone with knowledge care to discuss...
  •  The choke point (i.e., the weakest link in the filtration chain)?  So how does it filter exactly?
  •  What is the filter maintenance schedule and how is it performed (how to clean)?
  •  The battery shutting down/off instead of running down like most vacuums - smells of marketing "hype".  Am I missing something, where is the mechanical benefit?  Anyone?

DIB

Hi DIB,

One -- the "no fade" supply of power simply assures peak suction instead of using a decreasing supply of power for the cleaner to run on.  A degrading power supply leads a situation where you're merely pushing around dirt and possibly grinding it into your flooring.  What's that worth? As in all things -- when you can't do it anymore it's time to stop.

Two -- Cleaning the filter each time you empty the dirt cup is recommended.

Three -- The filtration method is a combined one.  "Cyclonics" spin off the heavier stuff and a foam filter catches finer particles.

URL for the user manual PDF is here -- http://www.hoover.com/pdfs/manuals/BH50010.pdf
This message was modified Dec 5, 2008 by Venson
Replies: 46 - 55 of 89Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42