Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Best Upright Vac for less then $200.00

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

Best Upright Vac for less then $200.00
Original Message   Jan 5, 2008 5:45 pm
Someone is asking me this but I have no clue. So what would you recommend to someone that has $200.00 to spend on a vacuum cleaner.
Replies: 53 - 55 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
1legguy4you

Re: Best Upright Vac for less then $200.00
Reply #53   Nov 14, 2008 6:10 pm
I have quite a few Vacuums to say the least.I lost my leg above the knee so I am very limited on what I can push.I HATE HATE baggless vacuums and all my Vacs are self Propelled or in the Oreck class.I just bought a Powr-flite twin fan 8 pound Vacuum its made by Tacony.People might rember it as the Bisslle Prolite but Tacony bought the rights of the design because Riccar/Simplcity dealers were mad.Why buy a the same Vacuum and pay double the price for the name.The Vacuum puts out 160 CFM and the specs they have on there site are wrong its not a 5.5 Amp motor.Mine says 7 Amps on it so that part I dont understand and Tacony wont tell me why.That Vacuum is very powerful I got mine off of Betty Mills it was 161 bucks but came with bags and free shipping.Its got a 50ft cord and the brush roll is very stiff and the belt to narrow.The fix to that is to get Oreck belts the real ones and it works great there is a light socket but hidden under the plate.I ordered the lens and light for under 12 bucks from Bisslle.I went and tested the Oreck Xl21 and dont get making a bigger machine with a bigger fan and having and 3.5 Amp motor in it.When the Plain Xl has a 4 Amp..I forgot to state that the Vacuum is under the Tornado name at BettyMills.....
This message was modified Nov 14, 2008 by 1legguy4you
Lucky1

Reply #54   Nov 14, 2008 10:13 pm
Why put an Oreck Belt on it? They are designed to be replaced every 6 months or less.
CarmineD

Reply #55   Nov 15, 2008 6:54 am
Lucky1 wrote:
Why put an Oreck Belt on it? They are designed to be replaced every 6 months or less.

1legguy4you wrote:

The fix to that is to get Oreck belts the real ones and it works great

Hello 1leggedguy4you and Lucky1:

Nice vacuum.  Good price at $161 with free shipping and bags.  It appears that the ORECK belts are made with thicker rubber than the Tornada belts.   A belt replacement  [save geared/"V"] every 6 months on a direct path upright is the customary belt maintenance/replacement.  Belts lose elasticity and dry up from heat/use and lack of use.  The ORECK belts are more expensive [$2-$3 per vice 50-70 cents for the Tornado].  I would go with the ORECK belts too. 

Where is the power switch location on the Tornado? 

One of the features I dislike about the ORECK is the hood mounted switch.  I prefer a handle/grip switch and/or a switch activated by releasing the handle.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 15, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 53 - 55 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42