Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
TTIpowerT

NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION
Original Message   Oct 25, 2008 9:43 pm
http://www.hooverpressroom.com/

The Hoover Platinum Collection according to ASTM608 carpet testing includes the best cleaning bagged upright and best cleaning cyclonic bagless upright on the market today!

Includes:

*Linx cordless system with 18v Lithium ion technology on a hand and light/stick vac.

*Bagged Upright: Most powerful lightweight vacuum in the marketplace removes more dirt in one pass than other uprights(ASTM F-608)

*Baggless Upright : Removes more dirt than any other bagless vacuum on the market using multi-stage cyclonic filtration system and Hoover’s patented WindTunnel™ technology which utilizes three suction tunnels to lift and remove even the hidden dirt (Per ASTM F608)

*New Carpet Cleaner Removes more dirt from carpet than any other leading brand of carpet cleaner (test FCTP-0024)

*Best in class 6 yr warranty!
Replies: 40 - 49 of 89Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION
Reply #40   Nov 8, 2008 12:36 pm
Venson wrote:
. . . The Eureka was an all red hard-bodied upright called the "Freedom" (or something to that effect). Advertisements for it popped up in magazines but before you know it was gone. I did not see it in any stores.

Hi again Carmine,

The Eureka Freedom was model 6350A. Can't seem to dig up a full image of it but did find an exploded diagram (link follows).

http://www.elkypro.com/hoops2005/vacuum_parts/eureka/e_6300.html

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #41   Nov 9, 2008 7:03 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

The Eureka was an all red hard-bodied upright called the "Freedom" (or something to that effect). Advertisements for it popped up in magazines but before you know it was gone. I did not see it in any stores.

I'll check out the price on the Nilfisk GD911 on Monday. A rechargeable version of the company's Back-uum is being sold as the Acro-Batt in the U.S. Link to a PDF brochure follows.

http://www.advance-us.com/~/media/Products/Vacuums/AcroBatt/Factsheets/l1651a%20adv%20com%20acrobatt%20cfs.pdf.ashx

I have a corded version of this machine. It's built for user comfort and is pretty good for general cleaning although the bag is small.

Venson
Venson wrote:
Hi again Carmine,

The Eureka Freedom was model 6350A. Can't seem to dig up a full image of it but did find an exploded diagram (link follows).

http://www.elkypro.com/hoops2005/vacuum_parts/eureka/e_6300.html

Venson

Hello Venson:

Thanks for posting the above info on the cordless vacuums.  It appears the TTI Platinum Linx line has some current and past standards in the industry to be measured against.  Will be interesting to see how well TTI measures up in sales, performance and price. 

The Nilfisk Acro-Batt cordless is an interesting machine.  Tho, I suspect that the claim to clean 30,000 sq feet on its 22 minute run time [btw this is less than the 60 minute run times for the Nilfisk up/cann which begs the why question] applies to an olympic champion in this cleaning event.  I can do about 1500 plus sq ft in a leisurely mode [with an 11 year old English lab shadowing me] in about a 25/30 minute run time [HOOVER Slider, btw after two years of charging the run time has halved].  While mine may not be the best measure and environment, there is quite a discrepancy. 

Nilfisk acro-batt uses nickel metal hydride batteries [the choice of most power tools] which take 75 minutes to charge.  Decent charge time.  Does your corded model have the "articulated joint?"  If so, how well does it work?  I thought that this is an interesting feature from a comfort perspective for the user.  And opined how it would have been conceived and added by the company, lest it specifically asked users for feedback.  Is your bag 3.3 quart capacity too?  Which measures up/bests most full size bagless dirt bins, but falls short of the better bagged capacities.

The EUREKA Freedom appears to be a model from the 90's?  Is that the correct time?  Curious why it died w/o mention?

Thanks Venson.  All forthcoming intelligence is appreciated.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 9, 2008 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #42   Nov 9, 2008 11:49 am
CarmineD wrote:
</div><p>Hello Venson:</p><p>Nilfisk acro-batt uses nickel metal hydride batteries [the choice of most power tools] which take 75 minutes to charge.  Decent charge time.  Does your corded model have the &quot;articulated joint?&quot;  If so, how well does it work?  I thought that this is an interesting feature from a comfort perspective for the user.  And opined how it would have been conceived and added by the company, lest it specifically asked users for feedback.  Is your bag 3.3 quart capacity too?  Which measures up/bests most full size bagless dirt bins, but falls short of the better bagged capacities. </p><p>The EUREKA Freedom appears to be a model from the 90's?  Is that the correct time?  Curious why it died w/o mention?</p><p>Thanks Venson.  All forthcoming intelligence is appreciated.</p><p>Carmine D.

Hi,

I believe the Eureka 6350A was produced some time during the latter 1980s.

My landlord used to kid me about the Nilfisk whenever I'd have it out. It looks something like whatever that thing was they carried around on their backs in Ghost Busters. (Every now and then he asks if I still have it.)

That joint is a flexible rubber fitting between the motor unit and the bag chamber at the top. Nilfisk has been using this design for a good while and it's a much better design idea than the standard backpack vacuum as the split unit flexes as you bend. Working with it is quite a comfortable situation when doing stairs or cleaning overhead but it can be a problem if you move into tight confines and need to turn here or there.

The Back-uum produces great suction and the bag size for my purposes is fine. I would wonder how well it would fare in a large commercial environment where there's lots more fine dust to encounter. The hose is narrower at its working end and wider at the end connecting to the cleaner to help prevent clogging. Electrolux used to use the same idea.

My model, a rarity, also has an outlet for a power nozzle but I was never able to find an electrified hose or external cord set that would have allowed me use of it. It's a fine machine if you do vacuuming only. However, for normal duty where you may well need to leave off vacuuming to handle other cleaning tasks as you go, it may mean having to take the machine off and put it on again repeatedly.

By the way, I checked out the Hoover site to see if they sold replacement batteries for your Slider but all I saw was the charger replacement. Per the user manual, replacing the battery is doable. What the cost is -- I don't know.

Best,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #43   Nov 9, 2008 1:20 pm
Thanks for the info Venson: 

I should have known the 80's, its upright style is a giveaway.  EUREKA revamped uprights for the 90's.

The Nifisk Back-um sounds exciting as does the cordless.

You're right, the lux 30's started the tapered end hose and used for many years on their models. 

BTW, I purchased over dozen HOOVER Sliders and gifted most away.  But kept 2 for me.  With both charged now and ready for usage, I can cover the same cleaning area, if I chose [1500 sq feet], with 30 minutes of total run time. 

Thanks Venson.  Onward and upward.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 9, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #44   Dec 3, 2008 4:08 pm
I have not followed this thread to close, I do not know if this has been discussed...  It looks like this Platinum stick has no Windtunnel as TTI advertises.  Anyone?

This message was modified Dec 3, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

hoovergroover

Reply #45   Dec 3, 2008 5:57 pm
I work / worked for Hoover these units will hit the stores @ $179.99 (stick vac) 199.99 as of now at service centers..  who knows if you have a relationship with one of us maybe you could get a hellofa deal.. (we are closing).. your right where is the windtunnel.. none.. (Ithought it would dilute the name)...but that is not to say this thing is not a complete beast.. You can dump a 3-4 inch pile of crap on the floor and it will devoure it. It runs for 12-16 minutes on a charge using a lithium ion battery which charges full in 3 Hours. No degradation of suction over time when the battery is out is just cuts off. It is sweet. No edge cleaning, but put a pebble or whatever is small and heavy on the edge approach the object head on and the opening in the front will pick it up. I love the thing! I clean our store with it all the time it is all I use. The hand vac is ok.. the duster doesn't stay out.. put a half pound of pressure on it it goes back over the crevice tool. But it has good suction and good run time. Pray for us at Hoover, we need it, let us find jobs and support our little families... Our last day is Dec 31, 2008. God bless.
Venson

Reply #46   Dec 3, 2008 9:21 pm
hoovergroover wrote:
I work / worked for Hoover these units will hit the stores @ $179.99 (stick vac) 199.99 as of now at service centers..  who knows if you have a relationship with one of us maybe you could get a hellofa deal.. (we are closing).. your right where is the windtunnel.. none.. (Ithought it would dilute the name)...but that is not to say this thing is not a complete beast.. You can dump a 3-4 inch pile of crap on the floor and it will devoure it. It runs for 12-16 minutes on a charge using a lithium ion battery which charges full in 3 Hours. No degradation of suction over time when the battery is out is just cuts off. It is sweet. No edge cleaning, but put a pebble or whatever is small and heavy on the edge approach the object head on and the opening in the front will pick it up. I love the thing! I clean our store with it all the time it is all I use. The hand vac is ok.. the duster doesn't stay out.. put a half pound of pressure on it it goes back over the crevice tool. But it has good suction and good run time. Pray for us at Hoover, we need it, let us find jobs and support our little families... Our last day is Dec 31, 2008. God bless.

Hey hoovergroover,

I'm very glad to hear good things about the Hoover Platinum lightweight.  Nonetheless, I may be being made "redunant" in not too long a time myself so I cannot only sympathize but empathize.  I sincerely, hope that you and the other workers can transition from your present situations to a new ones without much problem. 

Odd isn't?  People going around literally trampling other people to death just buy things but, even for all, that businesses can't afford to pay employees.

Anyway . . . again . . . may this all prove merely a small inconvenient point in your history.

Best,

Venson
TTIpowerT

Reply #47   Dec 3, 2008 9:56 pm
RESPONDING TO DYSONINVENTSBIG POST/PHOTOS:

The Hoover Linx Stick Vac DOES have WINDTUNNEL Technology. The photo you took has the bottom cover on and looks exactly like any other Hoover WindTunnel from that view (exception being WT2 units bc bright green/orange/red color chambers).

If you remove the bottom cover (as i'm sure you have) and compare with other Hoover WT uprights you'll see it's exactly the same. It is of course designed to scale around the brushroll as the Linx Stick Vac has a smaller nozzle then other WT uprights and yet still out cleans the leading corded upright competitors! :)
This message was modified Dec 3, 2008 by TTIpowerT
DysonInventsBig

Reply #48   Dec 4, 2008 1:46 am
hoovergroover wrote:

Hoovergroover,

I could not be any more sorry for your situation.  I have and will continue to pray for you and yours and the many other Americans who need Gods help.  Keep trusting in Him, He has delivered the answer, opened doors, etc., for me and my family many, many times.        DIB

P.S.  Thanks for the Windtunnel response.
This message was modified Dec 4, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

DysonInventsBig

Reply #49   Dec 4, 2008 2:27 am
TTIpowerT wrote:
RESPONDING TO DYSONINVENTSBIG POST/PHOTOS:

The Hoover Linx Stick Vac DOES have WINDTUNNEL Technology. The photo you took has the bottom cover on and looks exactly like any other Hoover WindTunnel from that view (exception being WT2 units bc bright green/orange/red color chambers).

If you remove the bottom cover (as i'm sure you have) and compare with other Hoover WT uprights you'll see it's exactly the same. It is of course designed to scale around the brushroll as the Linx Stick Vac has a smaller nozzle then other WT uprights and yet still out cleans the leading corded upright competitors! :)

TTIpower,

I've never seen this vac in person and only pulled the undercarriage image off another site and used a promo pic too.  It does not look like there is a Windtunnel there.  HooverGrover says no Windtunnel and you're saying there is.  It is clear as mud. :)  Can you describe the filtration?  What is the leading corded upright (I assmue you're talking corded stick)?

Is the $120 price tag on the Platinium handheld is in response to the $149 Dyson Handleld and/or it's sucess?
Thanks.

DIB

Replies: 40 - 49 of 89Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42