Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
TTIpowerT

NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION
Original Message   Oct 25, 2008 9:43 pm
http://www.hooverpressroom.com/

The Hoover Platinum Collection according to ASTM608 carpet testing includes the best cleaning bagged upright and best cleaning cyclonic bagless upright on the market today!

Includes:

*Linx cordless system with 18v Lithium ion technology on a hand and light/stick vac.

*Bagged Upright: Most powerful lightweight vacuum in the marketplace removes more dirt in one pass than other uprights(ASTM F-608)

*Baggless Upright : Removes more dirt than any other bagless vacuum on the market using multi-stage cyclonic filtration system and Hoover’s patented WindTunnel™ technology which utilizes three suction tunnels to lift and remove even the hidden dirt (Per ASTM F608)

*New Carpet Cleaner Removes more dirt from carpet than any other leading brand of carpet cleaner (test FCTP-0024)

*Best in class 6 yr warranty!
Replies: 25 - 34 of 89Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION
Reply #25   Oct 30, 2008 12:18 pm
Hi Carmine,

38 years?  Wow!  Yours has the original floor tool -- right? (Like the nozzle on hte Lark stick -- two rollers, metal soleplate, about 10" wide with the tab for locking the floating brush strip stationary for bare floors.)

Hoover (TTI) is now producing them as a commercial vacuum.  I wonder if they're made of the same stuff as it's counterpart, the Eureka Mighty Mite, seem to be made of awfully flimsy stuff these days.

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #26   Oct 30, 2008 1:27 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Yours has the original floor tool -- right? (Like the nozzle on hte Lark stick -- two rollers, metal soleplate, about 10" wide with the tab for locking the floating brush strip stationary for bare floors.)

Hoover (TTI) is now producing them as a commercial vacuum.  I wonder if they're made of the same stuff as it's counterpart, the Eureka Mighty Mite, seem to be made of awfully flimsy stuff these days.

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson:

I parted the combo floor/rug tool out long ago.  But you're absolutely right: The early Swingettes use the same nozzle as the HOOVER Lark stick vac.  Identical save the color.

The Swingettes and/or whatever they are called now are available in a more expensive Commercial model.  My feeling is the HOOVER portable is more durable and reliable than the EUREKA Mighty Mite.  MIke W.  and others who like the MM may disagree. 

Carmine D.

Actionvac

Reply #27   Oct 30, 2008 2:53 pm
The Hoover Porta powers were a great vacuum but you can bet it will now become extinct and a china throw away will be sold in it's place, the Mighty mites have more  powerfull suction but housings flimsy
Venson

Reply #28   Oct 30, 2008 8:57 pm
Actionvac wrote:
The Hoover Porta powers were a great vacuum but you can bet it will now become extinct  . . .

Maybe not.  I think they'd still bear a certain appeal to young people or just about anyone living in small confines if they were still in the stores.  I wouldn't wonder if this cleaner wasn't meant to fill the gap when they left off making the lightweight they'd sold for so many years.  Nonetheless, Hoover left off with the "household version" and its commercial incarnation now shows up in catalogs under cleaning or janitorial supplies in office supply catalogs like Staple's.

I remember the first of these because one of my oldest and dearest friends had bought one to use in her new apartment.  I liked it but strongly objected because the place wasn't that small and her household was pretty active. Quite a good party thrower and cook, she was never at want for company. Other guests and myself were often there sipping Almaden and working out more important world problems long before any of us acquired a degree. 

In any event, I suggested she take the Hoover back and get a Sunbeam 635.  A little loud but practical -- and yeah -- a nice sized disposable bag.  She did and she kept it for many years.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #29   Oct 31, 2008 7:19 am
Hi Venson:

Wonderful story.  The HOOVER Portables are still around and going strong, tho called by new names.  The Sunbeam vacuums are collectables on eBay.  A happy ending.  Either way your dear friend does well!

I tend to believe that the market niche for the HOOVER Portables as held held users for the commercial cleaning industry will be around for awhile.  HOOVER did the same with its lightweight Elite upright:  Gussied it up and made it a niche market vacuum cleaner for industrial use.  Still around too.  The variations on the household theme carves out a nice reliable market for new vacuum sales. 

Like dyson using existing components of canns and uprights to fabricate a garage and central vacuum.  Why?  He's opened all the global markets he can.  Now dyson needs to add new vacuum products that don't compete within his own brand but compliment a reportoire of household products.  I would hope with 475 engineers and over 25 years experience, dyson could produce and market these variations on the theme quickly and easily.    

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 31, 2008 by CarmineD
TTIpowerT

Reply #30   Nov 5, 2008 9:59 pm
New Hoover Platinum LINX CORDLESS micro site is now available on the Hoover.com homepage....
TTIpowerT

Reply #31   Nov 5, 2008 9:59 pm
New Hoover Platinum LINX CORDLESS micro site is now available on the Hoover.com homepage....
CarmineD

Reply #32   Nov 6, 2008 6:11 am
Impressive.  Stick and hand vac are both on the Site.  Thank you for the info.  18 Volt lithium battery.  Like the DD Accucharge hand/stick but it appears the HOOVER brand is the premium one.  Note that both of the HOOVER products [stick and hand] are Energy Star rated too like the DD. 

Good timing too on the Energy Star ratings.  Based on the political persuasion of the current US President elect, taking the country green is one of his top 5 Agenda items/priorities.  On that issue/point, the Pres elect and the Holy Father are on the same song sheet!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 6, 2008 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #33   Nov 6, 2008 8:46 am
Thanks for the heads up! Does anyone have specifics on the run time? It's a bit pricey for a stick vac but worth it if it lives up to its specs. I like the six-year warranty.

I wonder how the "big boxers" are going to present it.

Best,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #34   Nov 7, 2008 6:59 am
Venson wrote:
Thanks for the heads up! Does anyone have specifics on the run time? It's a bit pricey for a stick vac but worth it if it lives up to its specs. I like the six-year warranty.

I wonder how the "big boxers" are going to present it.

Best,

Venson

Hello Venson:

Six years warranty on cordless hand [MSRP $130] and stick cleaners [MSRP $180] is an industry first.  But of note is that the battery and charger are covered for only 2 years.  Run time?  Billed as 2X normal for battery charged running times.  I'd suspect this means 20-30 minutes on a regular charge.  A nice feature is the battery indicator: Comparable to a vehicle's gas gauge.  Interestingly, the PL stick has the famous WT technology and a brush roll.  Hence the lofty MSRP.  But as you say, maybe worth it.  Why?  Is this the first step toward a full size cordless battery operated upright.  Maybe!  if so, the next major accomplishment in the vacuum industry to rival the robotic cleaners.

Your question about presentation is very insightful.  The Dirt Devil Accucharge handheld is at Wal*Mart stores for a regular price of $45.  Will W*M stores carry the higher priced Platinum Linx cordless stick and/or hand vac in the stores?   I think yes.  Why?  W*M [and COSTCO for that matter] are the only retailers holding their own with sales this year and with predictions for the future.  How well will the high priced PL products sell among the hoi polloi?  Depends in large part on the answer to your question. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 7, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 25 - 34 of 89Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42