Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trilobite

The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Original Message   Mar 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Allergy Banner Alt

First upright from Miele

29 February 2008

This summer, Miele will launch its first range of upright vacuum cleaners – the S7.

It will consist of about six models, all of which feature ultra large dust bags and

“a unique swivel body, which makes it easy to manoeuvre in even the trickiest

of room layouts”. According to the company,  the decision was made following

numerous requests from customers that wanted to buy Miele  but would only use

an upright model.

Text: courtesy ERTweekly.com

Picture: courtesy Miele.co.uk, 2009

Edited 21st March 2009; reason: loss of original image.

This message was modified Mar 20, 2009 by Trilobite
Replies: 211 - 220 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Actionvac

Re: The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Reply #211   Oct 30, 2008 10:48 am
The price will be 699-899 so inline or under other high end vacuums, most of the inards come from the cannisters including motors and brushbars which have been almost indestuctable over the years, the pretesting has been going on for years they drop them like 5000 times , release handle 20,000 times , bend cord 20,000 times and the like, this is a 20 year type of vacuum , in respect that is like the life of 15 or so cheap bagless vacs, it has the self adjusting roller as well as the upper end has self adjusting suction setting, the steering worked well and the 15ft extension does not tip the vacuum (huge bonus) and is the most beautifull vacumm ever made LOL, in response to the high cost of bags most spending 700-900 on a vac give a hoot and these Miele bags hold a bunch of dirt as they will fill to the bursting point, all bagless have expensive filters to clog and cost 25-50.00 a year to keep replaced including Dyson not as often but expensive.The peace of mind of vitually dust free air exhausting back into the air is well worth 15-30 dollars a year for bags
This message was modified Oct 30, 2008 by Actionvac
CarmineD

Reply #212   Oct 30, 2008 1:33 pm
Thoroughly agree on all points.  My only fear is the S7 will outlive me! 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #213   Oct 30, 2008 1:36 pm
CarmineD wrote:
. . . . My only fear is the S7 will outlive me! 

Carmine D.

I'm not getting a dog for the same reason.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #214   Oct 30, 2008 1:39 pm
Venson wrote:
I'm not getting a dog for the same reason.

Venson

Mine is old too.  Diabetes, cataracts, non-cancerous tumor on her belly, epileptic and sheds year round.  Outside of this, she's absolutely perfect.  When she goes, and each day we count our blessings, I'll probably be shortly after.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 30, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #215   Oct 30, 2008 3:49 pm
Actionvac wrote:
The price will be 699-899 so inline or under other high end vacuums, most of the inards come from the cannisters including motors and brushbars which have been almost indestuctable over the years, the pretesting has been going on for years they drop them like 5000 times , release handle 20,000 times , bend cord 20,000 times and the like, this is a 20 year type of vacuum ,

Why so much?

Do you think the average consumer really wants to use the same  cleaner for 20 years?Even if they think its still working right.......

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #216   Oct 31, 2008 7:12 am
mole wrote:

Do you think the average consumer really wants to use the same  cleaner for 20 years?Even if they think its still working right.......

MOLE

Hello MOLE:

Yes and no.  The generation that came up during the Great Depression when purchases were made for a lifetime bought and used for 20 years.  Today, not so much.  But today's customers still have the inherent buying biases of their parents and grandparents.  SOME still want to buy and know that it will last 20 years.  Not that they will necessarily use it for 20 years, but they would like to pass along to family members and love ones when they do make a new vacuum purchase.  Electrolux and Kirby had the same attraction for buyers too.  Last a lifetime.

Carmine D.

Lucky1

Reply #217   Oct 31, 2008 11:21 am
mole wrote:
Why so much?</p><p>Do you think the average consumer really wants to use the same  cleaner for 20 years?Even if they think its still working right.......</p><p>MOLE

Interesting question! In addition I'm not sure how they will take to the Price as well. At this point I not sure if I'll go with the "Initial big buy in" being offered. Most of my market is contrary to national demands in that they want canisters. I'm very impressed with the machine and especially the 20 year target longevity. That being said, now back to the question...I'm trying with my shop, to break into an ELECTROLUX/ORECK market. So on one hand, I have people who do APPRECIATE a machine that lasts BUT since they bought one 10/15/20 years ago they are still under the impression a new Electrolux (AERUS) only costs $500. They are choosing to repair and milk their machine a little longer. Miele buyers on the other hand are generally younger and arrive from recommendations.

Will they buy a $900 upright when their favorite stores like BB&Beyond have shiny Dysons and Bissell's for less?
Venson

Reply #218   Oct 31, 2008 11:59 am
Lucky1 wrote:

Will they buy a $900 upright when their favorite stores like BB&Beyond have shiny Dysons and Bissell's for less?

Hi Lucky1,

As far as realistic shoppers are concerned, I think only those who yet feel some sort of security/possibilities in regard to the next couple of years ahead will take the plunge for high-end/high-priced  product even though of extra worth due to longevity.  Those who are beginning to brush up on bean recipes are definitely going to be deciding on whatever can be most easily fitted into the budget as it stands.  Even Christmas, our best excuse for out of the ordinary purchases, is more than likely to be slim pickings for vendors of goods this year.

Regarding the less practical buyer, I don't think splurgers and/or impulse buyers have ever made significant impact on sales.

Venson

Actionvac

Reply #219   Nov 4, 2008 10:19 am
mole wrote:
Why so much?

MOLE

The Miele customer is a person who wants a step above, now we sell a lot of 200-500.00 vacuums but 125 or so times a year someone comes in and wants real quality and is willing to pay for it, the Miele S7 will fit that bill. I get a lot of consumers tired of replacing there dusty  bagless every year to them 20 years sounds like nirvana
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #220   Nov 7, 2008 5:42 pm
People want a vacuum that will last for 20 years, even if they don't want to keep it that long.  If the average Miele lasts 20 years, then it will be able to take some abuse. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 211 - 220 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42