Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
TTIpowerT

NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION
Original Message   Oct 25, 2008 9:43 pm
http://www.hooverpressroom.com/

The Hoover Platinum Collection according to ASTM608 carpet testing includes the best cleaning bagged upright and best cleaning cyclonic bagless upright on the market today!

Includes:

*Linx cordless system with 18v Lithium ion technology on a hand and light/stick vac.

*Bagged Upright: Most powerful lightweight vacuum in the marketplace removes more dirt in one pass than other uprights(ASTM F-608)

*Baggless Upright : Removes more dirt than any other bagless vacuum on the market using multi-stage cyclonic filtration system and Hoover’s patented WindTunnel™ technology which utilizes three suction tunnels to lift and remove even the hidden dirt (Per ASTM F608)

*New Carpet Cleaner Removes more dirt from carpet than any other leading brand of carpet cleaner (test FCTP-0024)

*Best in class 6 yr warranty!
Replies: 18 - 27 of 89Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION
Reply #18   Oct 28, 2008 6:32 pm
Hello DIB:

You call it whatever you will: Dumb luck, lady luck, blind luck, fool's luck, beginner's luck, whatever.  I prefer to call these FACTS the untold story.  Or the story within the story.  Why?  They are not mentioned.  Probably because they were never part of the business plan/model. 

I can say with absolute certainty that TTI Floorcare of Glenwillow OHIO will weather the stormy days ahead and fare very well business wise.  It has all the right stuff to do well in good/bad economic times.   

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 28, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #19   Oct 28, 2008 8:13 pm
Carmine,

I have been wanting a Lexus, BMW, Porsche, GT500 or one of many exotic cars.  I will make a trip to the dealer.  If they refuse to cut the price in half I will explain your philosophy that times are hard and they will likely go out business if they do not sell on my terms.

No different than vacuums I suppose.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #20   Oct 28, 2008 11:53 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

You call it whatever you will: Dumb luck, lady luck, blind luck, fool's luck, beginner's luck, whatever.  I prefer to call these FACTS the untold story.  Or the story within the story.  Why?  They are not mentioned.  Probably because they were never part of the business plan/model. 

I can say with absolute certainty that TTI Floorcare of Glenwillow OHIO will weather the stormy days ahead and fare very well business wise.  It has all the right stuff to do well in good/bad economic times.   

Carmine D.

Carmine,

“The untold story?”  ....as told by the supermarket rags?  Come on, the guy invented widgets that huge companies wanted but did not want to compensate for.   Dyson did not roll over as they thought and instead fought (paid for a lawsuit which in reality he could barely afford) for is property, they eventually compensated [Dyson] in the form of a volunteered settlement (aka a big fat check).  Dyson reinvested his compensation in his future...  Dyson LTD.

I have no doubt Red will become huge and with monopolistic like powers.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #21   Oct 29, 2008 6:56 am
Hello DIB/HARDSELL:

Sorry DIB but no dealer in his/her right mind will gift you one of those brands.  Why?  Tell me HS, my good friend, would you, if gifted a dealer BMW, Porsche, Lexus, GT500 then sell it after 2 years just to buy a brand new Ford Fusion?  Not withstanding that money matters may necessitate it!  Do you understand now why the dyson campers are upset with you!  And you posted it here too!  

Dyson will most likely survive, with luck.  More probable as a niche seller.  TTI Floorcare in the USA and HOOVER Candy Group in the UK  will dominate the market for the common folk in hard times.   MIELE, SEBO,  RICCAR/SIMPLICITY and the classic rebuilts will rule for the high end quality minded buyers regardless of the times. 

The question that looms in the darkness of the uncertainty ahead:  Will your fave designer/inventor and so called overnight successful business man make the Forbes list?  Check the business model and see what the contingency plan says.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 29, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #22   Oct 29, 2008 8:03 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB/HARDSELL:

Clever marketing comparison coming from a person who was gifted a refurbed dyson DC07 and sold it after 2 years to buy a bagged vacuum.  Tell me HS, my friend,  would you if gifted a dealer BMW, then sell it after 2 years just to buy a brand new Ford Fusion?  Do you understand why the dyson campers are very upset with you!  And you posted it here too! 

There are no lawsuits, big box retailers, and wealthy stock investors on the horizon for your fave brand to get cash for weathering hard times.  Dyson will most likely survive, if it's lucky.  More probably as a niche seller in vacuum markets dominated by TTI Floorcare in the USA and HOOVER Candy Group in the UK  for the common folk and MIELE, SEBO, RICCAR/SIMPLICITY and classic rebuilts for the high end quality minded buyers.  But, will it make the prestigious Forbes list?   Ah yes: The answer looms in the darkness of uncertainty.  Check the business model and see what the contingency plan says.

Carmine D.

Carmine,  My DC07 was purchased new and in the box from Best Buy.  An Oreck dealer had to pay me out of his pocket because he lost the bet that we made.  You are dillusional to to think that it was a gifted refurb. 

If after 2 years I wanted a Fusion then I would sell the Beemer and buy one.  I give with love and no strings attached.  Therefore, the recipient of my gift can sell, trade or destroy the gift as they desire.  I would expect no less from one gifting to me.  BTW,  you are the only person who has made a comment on my selling of the Dyson.  Are you a Dyson camper?

CarmineD

Reply #23   Oct 29, 2008 8:58 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Carmine,  My DC07 was purchased new and in the box from Best Buy.  An Oreck dealer had to pay me out of his pocket because he lost the bet that we made.  You are dillusional to to think that it was a gifted refurb. 

If after 2 years I wanted a Fusion then I would sell the Beemer and buy one.  I give with love and no strings attached.  Therefore, the recipient of my gift can sell, trade or destroy the gift as they desire.  I would expect no less from one gifting to me.  BTW,  you are the only person who has made a comment on my selling of the Dyson.  Are you a Dyson camper?

HARDSELL wrote:
Your nose is getting longer.    

Back at you, my friend.

Carmine D.  [ An old retired vacuum camper].

This message was modified Oct 29, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #24   Oct 30, 2008 8:42 am
Venson wrote:
Hi,

I've attached the "spec" sheet for the paired upright and portable vacuum.  Neither Ms. Sinclair or her counterpart were available today when I rang.  I tried a different number and did get someone but he couldn't tell me much as far as hard specs are concerned.  He esitimates that the upright will probably have a 400-watt motor.  As for the portable cleaner, he does not think that, suctionwise, it will be a match-up for the Swingette that Hoover has put out for some time.

Per his information, he says the cleaner is anticipated to hit the stores after New Years.

http://www.hooverpressroom.com/fact_sheets/plat_bagged_facts.pdf

Best,

Venson

Hello Venson:

Thanks for posting the spec sheets.  And the commentary on the compact cann vice the HOOVER Swingette.  As you know the original Swingette, tho compact and hand held in size, has the same motor as the full size HOOVER Dial and Power Dial, over 800 watts and one full horsepower.  In latter years, HOOVER used a different motor in the Swingette models but still as powerful for suction.

BTW, I have a Swingette that dates all the way back to 1970.  I use it all the time in the garage to vacuum my English lab, vacuum the vehicles, vacuum the filters/bins on the household vacuums, etc.  I note that just the other day the Swingette switch, a gaynor, went bad.  It double clicks now but still turns on and off.  38 years old and still going strong.  Amazing! I have ONE new gaynor replacement switch too.  Very old, old stock.  

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 30, 2008 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #25   Oct 30, 2008 12:18 pm
Hi Carmine,

38 years?  Wow!  Yours has the original floor tool -- right? (Like the nozzle on hte Lark stick -- two rollers, metal soleplate, about 10" wide with the tab for locking the floating brush strip stationary for bare floors.)

Hoover (TTI) is now producing them as a commercial vacuum.  I wonder if they're made of the same stuff as it's counterpart, the Eureka Mighty Mite, seem to be made of awfully flimsy stuff these days.

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #26   Oct 30, 2008 1:27 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Yours has the original floor tool -- right? (Like the nozzle on hte Lark stick -- two rollers, metal soleplate, about 10" wide with the tab for locking the floating brush strip stationary for bare floors.)

Hoover (TTI) is now producing them as a commercial vacuum.  I wonder if they're made of the same stuff as it's counterpart, the Eureka Mighty Mite, seem to be made of awfully flimsy stuff these days.

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson:

I parted the combo floor/rug tool out long ago.  But you're absolutely right: The early Swingettes use the same nozzle as the HOOVER Lark stick vac.  Identical save the color.

The Swingettes and/or whatever they are called now are available in a more expensive Commercial model.  My feeling is the HOOVER portable is more durable and reliable than the EUREKA Mighty Mite.  MIke W.  and others who like the MM may disagree. 

Carmine D.

Actionvac

Reply #27   Oct 30, 2008 2:53 pm
The Hoover Porta powers were a great vacuum but you can bet it will now become extinct and a china throw away will be sold in it's place, the Mighty mites have more  powerfull suction but housings flimsy
Replies: 18 - 27 of 89Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42