Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
TTIpowerT

NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION
Original Message   Oct 25, 2008 9:43 pm
http://www.hooverpressroom.com/

The Hoover Platinum Collection according to ASTM608 carpet testing includes the best cleaning bagged upright and best cleaning cyclonic bagless upright on the market today!

Includes:

*Linx cordless system with 18v Lithium ion technology on a hand and light/stick vac.

*Bagged Upright: Most powerful lightweight vacuum in the marketplace removes more dirt in one pass than other uprights(ASTM F-608)

*Baggless Upright : Removes more dirt than any other bagless vacuum on the market using multi-stage cyclonic filtration system and Hoover’s patented WindTunnel™ technology which utilizes three suction tunnels to lift and remove even the hidden dirt (Per ASTM F608)

*New Carpet Cleaner Removes more dirt from carpet than any other leading brand of carpet cleaner (test FCTP-0024)

*Best in class 6 yr warranty!
Replies: 2 - 11 of 89Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION
Reply #2   Oct 26, 2008 2:22 pm
I'm simply demonstrating the Red Hoover business model of "unashamed copying"...

Red Hoover copied Oreck... 

Will Oreck have to move manufacturing and American jobs out of the country in order to compete (better compete)?

DIB
This message was modified Oct 26, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #3   Oct 26, 2008 6:20 pm
Hello DIB:

If you put a pictutre of the Shop Vac lightweight [MSRP $99] and RICCAR/SIMPLICITY lightweights [MSRP $300-$400] here, you'll have all the brands/models on the market today that copied the original and followed the leader: ORECK!  They probably have very few if any differences and you can interchange the brand names.  Tho, I think the pix would be better served on the ORECK thread under the category: Follow the leader.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 26, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #4   Oct 26, 2008 6:53 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

If you put a pictutre of the Shop Vac lightweight [MSRP $99] and RICCAR/SIMPLICITY lightweights [MSRP $300-$400] here, you'll have all the brands/models on the market today that copied the original and followed the leader: ORECK!  They probably have very few if any differences and you can interchange the brand names.  Tho, I think the pix would be better served on the ORECK thread under the category: Follow the leader.

Carmine D.

Of course we all know that the antiquated Oreck has no technology and is only a copy of prior vacs.  Oreck, the other follower.

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #5   Oct 26, 2008 7:04 pm
DIB

The Hoover version is probably cheaper than the Oreck!

DC18

DysonInventsBig

Reply #6   Oct 26, 2008 10:15 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

Carmine D.

Hey Carmine,

Fact:  TTI is using reversed engineered Dyson mult-cyclonic and the many elements in making the entire filtration work (Whisper upright).
Fact:  TTI fought for and won the right to use a Dyson creation - “No Loss of Suction”.

Red TTI/Hoover has already established itself as a parasite (at times).  My greater point of my pairing the Red Hoover with Oreck was in the marketing and/or positioning itself as Oreck-like.  You do not see the similarities?  I do.  I realize others have similar uprights.  IMO, Oreck and no others have made famous the pairing of a rectangular shaped hand vac with a lightweight, soft bagged upright.  Red simply extruded Oreck’s hand vac and made taller and added some styling.  Red does what Red does best...  steal.  Red has copied Oreck...  fact.

DIB

I wanted to follow up and post before someone else did...  The slim rectangular shape of the Hoover handheld/canister is the best physical fit to sit inside a small hallway or broom closet floor.        DIB
This message was modified Oct 29, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #7   Oct 27, 2008 6:43 am
Hello DIB and HARDSELL:

I understand but don't share your animosity for TTI Floorcare Glenwillow OHIO, USA, and its products.  You both impugn HOOVER USA, UK, VAX, BISSELL, DIRT DEVIL, ELECTROLUX, EUREKA, ORECK, and others because these are time tested and proven brands.  And they are poised to outdo your favorite brand in the big box retail stores with less expensive products and better warranties.  To worsen matters, the Foreign King of bagged vacuums with an impeccable reputation for quality, MIELE, is too.  And the ASA, a UK based regulatory body, is scoring fatal hits with legal judgments against your fave brand and in favor of all the others.   

These are the times, my two good friends, that try/test inventors' souls.  Why?  The good times are over.  Gone forever.  The honeymoon period is long forgotten.  Now the the cold hard reality of the the market place comes into being.  All the above brands that you both like to scoff in two part harmony have passed through these times before.  And, by their own merits, survived and flourished.  To their credit, you can be sure of it.  Will yours?  Time will tell.  And, the time is here.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 27, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #8   Oct 27, 2008 6:45 am
DC18 wrote:
DIB

The Hoover version is probably cheaper than the Oreck!

DC18

Hello DC18:

I can't say cheaper since I'm not familiar [yet] with the latest HOOVER lightweight.  The Ultralightweight HOOVER, made by RICCAR/SIMPLICITY, is a worthy contender to the ORECK.  ORECK's beauty is the lack of parts:  Only 30 in all.  Fewer parts, fewer break downs, longer useful life.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #9   Oct 27, 2008 2:30 pm
Hi,

I've attached the "spec" sheet for the paired upright and portable vacuum.  Neither Ms. Sinclair or her counterpart were available today when I rang.  I tried a different number and did get someone but he couldn't tell me much as far as hard specs are concerned.  He esitimates that the upright will probably have a 400-watt motor.  As for the portable cleaner, he does not think that, suctionwise, it will be a match-up for the Swingette that Hoover has put out for some time.

Per his information, he says the cleaner is anticipated to hit the stores after New Years.

http://www.hooverpressroom.com/fact_sheets/plat_bagged_facts.pdf

Best,

Venson

This message was modified Oct 27, 2008 by Venson
DysonInventsBig

Reply #10   Oct 27, 2008 3:57 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB and HARDSELL:

I understand but don't share your animosity for TTI Floorcare Glenwillow OHIO, USA, and its products.  You both impugn HOOVER USA, UK, VAX, BISSELL, DIRT DEVIL, ELECTROLUX, EUREKA, ORECK, and others because these are time tested and proven brands.  And they are poised to outdo your favorite brand in the big box retail stores with less expensive products and better warranties.  To worsen matters, the Foreign King of bagged vacuums with an impeccable reputation for quality, MIELE, is too.  And the ASA, a UK based regulatory body, is scoring fatal hits with legal judgments against your fave brand and in favor of all the others.   

These are the times, my two good friends, that try/test inventors' souls.  Why?  The good times are over.  Gone forever.  The honeymoon period is long forgotten.  Now the the cold hard reality of the the market place comes into being.  All the above brands that you both like to scoff in two part harmony have passed through these times before.  And, by their own merits, survived and flourished.  To their credit, you can be sure of it.  Will yours?  Time will tell.  And, the time is here.

Carmine D.

Carmine,

I know you struggle with innovation and its many benefits.  I have linked a nice article of the LED inventor at his 80th birthday celebration.  His gift has benefited the entire civilized world.  The inventors last 3 quotes in the article are what Dyson has been telling others for years.

Good men build, parasites take.

DIB

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2008/10/25/friends_family_hold_birthday_fete_for_led_inventor

CarmineD

Reply #11   Oct 27, 2008 5:59 pm
Hello DIB, HARDSELL:

Good and/or bad men is moot now.  Innovative technology is irrelevant now.  Words of wisdom are futile.

The issue to address now and in the future is economic business survival.  How does dyson re-invent itself and its products to compete with the time tested and tried brands in the big box retail store venues/independent vacuum cleaner stores in the current and future bad eonomy.  This is something dyson has never experienced in its business life cycle until right now.   Is dyson ready?  This is not a recession.  The Donald [AKA Trumpster] calls it a Depression with a capital D.  Former Fed Chief Alan Greenspan says it's a worldwide economic sunami, the likes of which people have never known. 

I suggest that you and the 10 percent of loyal dyson branders run right out and buy one/more of the latest and greatest models at the MSRP and spread the wealth around.  It's a good start and dyson will need all the financial assistance he can muster to make the Forbes billionaire club in 2008.

Carmine D. 

Replies: 2 - 11 of 89Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42