Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Best Upright Vac for less then $200.00

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

Best Upright Vac for less then $200.00
Original Message   Jan 5, 2008 5:45 pm
Someone is asking me this but I have no clue. So what would you recommend to someone that has $200.00 to spend on a vacuum cleaner.
Replies: 41 - 50 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
SanitaireVac

Re: Best Upright Vac for less then $200.00
Reply #41   Oct 10, 2008 9:39 am
I wouldn't go by consumer reports, they normally don't know much about vacuums. When Hoover WindTunnel was rated #1, it was the  most commomly repair vacuum here at our vacuum shop. I would recommend a Sanitaire Vacuum. Their commercial grade and many models in your price range. Sanitaire is the commercial division or Eureka/Electrolux.  Sanitaire vacuums are durable, their made for commercial use so they last. Repairs are easy and most people replace parts themselves. Cleaning crews or cleaning services often have their Sanitaires for over 15 years.
CarmineD

Reply #42   Oct 10, 2008 2:28 pm
On the topic of Sanitaire and Eureka here is a Eureka Sanitaire model that has been a staple of Sam's Club and other big box retailers for years. Rated commercial grade and meeting all the OSHA requirements for the label.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=164028

The pictured Eureka upright also comes in a bagged version using F&G inserts.  Drawback is no attachments on board.  But for $150 for a commercial grade upright that will last 20 years, a buyer can't go wrong.

Carmine D.

Actionvac

Reply #43   Oct 22, 2008 2:10 pm
CarmineD wrote:
On the topic of Sanitaire and Eureka here is a Eureka Sanitaire model that has been a staple of Sam's Club and other big box retailers for years. Rated commercial grade and meeting all the OSHA requirements for the label.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=164028

The pictured Eureka upright also comes in a bagged version using F&G inserts.  Drawback is no attachments on board.  But for $150 for a commercial grade upright that will last 20 years, a buyer can't go wrong.

Carmine D.

That is a great vac at a great price and is one reason us in the business hate Electrolux/ Eureka, lol, although not good for bare floor, that Tempo at now I believe 70.00 or so does suprisingly well on hard surface, it will not hold up as well as high end machines but currently is probably China/Hoovers best upright 
This message was modified Oct 22, 2008 by Actionvac
CarmineD

Reply #44   Oct 22, 2008 5:33 pm
Actionvac wrote:
 that Tempo at now I believe 70.00 or so does suprisingly well on hard surface, it will not hold up as well as high end machines but currently is probably China/Hoovers best upright 

Hello Actionvac and welcome:

Several days ago, I purchased the TEMPO U5140-900 [TTI owned] from BEST BUY for $70 [regular price].  I haven't taken it out of the box yet to scope it out and use.  I purchased a TEMPO U5144-900 [MAYTAG owned] awhile back and gifted it away last year.  I was impressed with the TEMPO-MAYTAG for the price.  The TEMPO-TTI at BEST BUY seems very comparable.  

I'll compare the latest TTI owned HOOVER TEMPO product to the TEMPO-MAYTAG for quality and performance.  And I will probably post a review here after I've had a chance to peruse and use.

FWIW:  Consumer Reports always rates and ranks the HOOVER TEMPO among its top 10 uprights. 

Also FWIW, the BEST BUY store in NLV now has all the display models plugged in and ready to use.  THe HOOVER TEMPO was as good if not better than all the others on display at BEST BUY for carpet and bare floor cleaning.  Including, the latest and greatest uprights from BISSELL, EUREKA, and dyson.  The TEMPO was the least expensive of all.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 22, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #45   Oct 30, 2008 7:20 am
Actionvac wrote:
 that Tempo at now I believe 70.00 or so does suprisingly well on hard surface, it will not hold up as well as high end machines but currently is probably China/Hoovers best upright 

BTW Actionvac:  The TTI Tempo I have is made in Mexico just like the Whirlpool/Maytag HOOVER Tempo.  It's not old stock because it has the TTI Floorcare packaging and carton.  Lest the packaging is new and the unit is old?  I purchased from BEST BUY last week.  A new BB store and location that is just slightly more than a year old. 

The vacuum is a winner.  And with the exception of having a WT User Guide, which is very similar, is perfect in every way, shape, and form.  Slightly disappointed with the HOOVER customer rep.  I called to report the User Guide error and said I would download a TEMPO guide from the internet.  And I asked if this manual error was intentional because the two models were so very similar enough to use the manuals interchangeably?  His answer:  Well after you read both, you'll probably find out .  I said okay, Thank you [and his name].  An email will be going to TTI/HOOVER for that professional oversight and slip to a customer.

Carmine D.

Actionvac

Reply #46   Oct 30, 2008 11:23 am
CarmineD wrote:
BTW Actionvac:  The TTI Tempo I have is made in Mexico just like the Whirlpool/Maytag HOOVER Tempo.  It's not old stock because it has the TTI Floorcare packaging and carton.  Lest the packaging is new and the unit is old?  I purchased from BEST BUY last week.  A new BB store and location that is just slightly more than a year old. 

The vacuum is a winner.  And with the exception of having a WT User Guide, which is very similar, is perfect in every way, shape, and form.  Slightly disappointed with the HOOVER customer rep.  I called to report the User Guide error and said I would download a TEMPO guide from the internet.  And I asked if this manual error was intentional because the two models were so very similar enough to use the manuals interchangeably?  His answer:  Well after you read both, you'll probably find out .  I said okay, Thank you [and his name].  An email will be going to TTI/HOOVER for that professional oversight and slip to a customer.

Carmine D.

Its the same vacuum thats why, all parts interchange
CarmineD

Reply #47   Oct 30, 2008 1:30 pm
Actionvac wrote:
Its the same vacuum thats why, all parts interchange

Hello Actionvac:

Thanks but I'm confused.  Can you clarify?  Are you saying the TEMPO-s are the same Maytag and TTI.  Or the HOOVER TEMPO and WT are the same, hence the same User Guide?  BTW, scoping out the new HOOVER WT at Wal*Mart today [MSRP is $98] its identical to the TEMPO save switch location, tool storage case over the bag, exhaust air filter, wand location storage and longer cord [I believe, but not sure].  Rest is same same.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 30, 2008 by CarmineD
Actionvac

Reply #48   Oct 30, 2008 2:46 pm
Yes the same, Hoover vacuums were always produced  no matter who owned them but the motor, roller bar,housings the same yes, now the China owned company will probably stop all us production I would guess, there is nothing American about Hoover anymore as well as Royal/dirt devil , TTI as well, a lot of the Hoovers produced now most parts will not be available they will be a true disposable vacuum, what a shame
This message was modified Oct 30, 2008 by Actionvac
CarmineD

Reply #49   Nov 1, 2008 9:10 am
KOHL's is advertisng a new HOOVER TEMPO model in white for $74 [before 15 percent off].  It caught my dear Wife's eye, who likes the HOOVER TEMPO that I purchased from BEST BUY, but not as much as the ORECK.  Unfortunately our TEMPO is the traditional Catalina blue.  Nice but not as much of a stand out as the new White.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 13, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #50   Nov 10, 2008 7:24 am
I took advantage of the 30 percent off sale at KOHL's and free shipping.  I purchased the new HOOVER TEMPO [in white] for $56.99 which is due to arrive between Nov 19-24.  While the Catalina blue HOOVER TEMPO models have been around since before the days of Whirlpool and TTI, the TEMPO White is a post TTI/HOOVER model.  I'll compare the White with the previous TEMPO models for similarities/differences, if any, in form and content.  And see too if it comes with the correct TEMPO User Guide!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 10, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 41 - 50 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42