Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 249 - 258 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Reply #249   Oct 6, 2008 12:02 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

Does it say if the 10 DC21 reviews are done by dyson engineers/workers?

Carmine D.

Hiya Carmine,

The reviews appear legit.  Matter fact one out the ten isa highly unfavorable.  However the remainder speak well of the DC21 save for mention, far more than once, I stated before. It took a little doing but I'm sending you a PDF re the DC21 comments.

Best,

Venson

DysonInventsBig

Reply #250   Oct 6, 2008 1:33 pm
mole wrote:
D.I.B

A digital motor is not going to help DYSON'S consumer reports ratings, The motor is a very small factor in the way a vacuum cleaner picks up dirt.

B.T.W cyclones and location of cyclones and if it uses 1 or 200 DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING.

Dysons is ranked right where it should be and are lucky thats where they are...........Im sorry i cant sugarcoat this opinion.........

ITs the way the whole system works.....

MOLE

Mole,

Dyson has said the DDM increases airflow by as much as 1/3rd, this increase will help with filtration tremendously.  If Dyson were to 86 the floating nozzle and install a brushroll with full rows of tuffs, he would indeed rise considerably in CR’s rankings.

The distributing of dust ladened air into multiple tapered cyclones is science.  All the major players are copying Dyson’s lead in this type of science.        DIB
This message was modified Oct 6, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #251   Oct 6, 2008 4:41 pm
Venson wrote:
Hiya Carmine,

The reviews appear legit.  Matter fact one out the ten isa highly unfavorable.  However the remainder speak well of the DC21 save for mention, far more than once, I stated before. It took a little doing but I'm sending you a PDF re the DC21 comments.

Best,

Venson

Thank you Venson.  I got them earlier today.  I'll read and cogitate on them.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #252   Oct 7, 2008 2:05 pm
Venson wrote:
Hiya Carmine,

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson:

Thanks for taking the time and effort to send these CR reviews to me in a PDF format.  I read through them and found them very sincere and informative.

If I recall, the longest ownership, and therefore usage, by the 10 users is 6 months with several saying only a month or two.  Most of the 10 did not say the period of ownership and usage.  I would like to know that information when I read a customer's vacuum review.  I would be interested to hear from owners/users after say a year: i.e when the honeymoon period is over.  Hence, my reason in part for asking about the performance of the latest dyson motor technology: The digital motor. 

Just to add to what you already said about the reviews:  One user wished the power head came with a light [no relation to me].  Another user wished the head had a rug height adjustment [again, no relation to me].  And still another user said the dyson DC21 was pet friendly, having a yellow lab who gradually adjusted nicely to the dyson cann [no relation to me and/or my yellow lab].  Since I have harped or carped [as MOLE would say] about these features for dysons and other vacuums, I found them interesting coming from others.

Thanks my friend.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 7, 2008 by CarmineD
Motorhead

Reply #253   Oct 7, 2008 4:09 pm
Not to get off-topic from the current discussion (but getting back into the original theme of the thread), I hear that in April 2009 the DDM canister (DC22 perhaps?) will finally be released to the US market.  This Christmas we're getting the DC16 KnuckleDuster corded handheld.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #254   Oct 10, 2008 12:00 am
Thanks Motorhead.  Lets hope the DC22 has a good wand assembly...  no more DC21 like wand and all it’s limitations and heavy weight.  With Dyson-like cyclonic's becoming a commodity and not a Dyson [only] exclusive, I believe these "cyclonic commodities" will be judge on all the value trades [as always] but maintence too [how often or how much of a hastle pre-filter cleaning is].  For me and in my opinion the DC22 is worthless as a breakthru product if it cannot go for 1 year minimum until pre-filer maintence is required.  It is a cyclonic race and Dyson the leader of 20 years should have an explosive clear cut filtering winner!

A corded DC16 or alike is needed if the price point is not insanely high.  The Knuckleduster to some [maybe many?] is slang for “Brass Knuckles”.  I like the name when I first heard of it [Moose posted the Trademark reg], but is it worth it?  I am no marketing guy, so I ask...  Having KuckleDuster sounding close to a DustBuster 1) Is this the fast track to getting Knucklebuster int to minds of consumers or 2) some other reason/s or 3) bad idea/bad idea to some?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knuckle-duster

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=knuckle-duster&ni=21&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-501&fr2=tab-web&xargs=0&pstart=1&b=1

Dyson now has his vacuums in China.  http://www.english.dyson.cn/

DIB
This message was modified Oct 10, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #255   Oct 10, 2008 8:45 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

None of these Web Sites/links are working.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 10, 2008 by CarmineD
M00seUK

Reply #256   Oct 10, 2008 8:54 am
CarmineD wrote:
None of these Web Sites/links are working.

Carmine D.

It looks like DIB has the same issues I have when posting links here. If you use the Firefox browser, it doesn't work correctly on this forum. It really discourages me from contributing.
CarmineD

Reply #257   Oct 10, 2008 9:08 am
Sorry to hear that M00seUK.

Use the C.P.A.  way..................................

Cut, paste and assemble!

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #258   Oct 10, 2008 10:10 am
Moose,
I just got a new Mac and Safari will NOT even allow me any editing tools to post here.  I too use Firefox to post here and obviously it is flawed.  With Apple now having 10% or the laptop market share and growing, lets hope the webmaster can come up with a solution.  I will be experimenting to find an easy [enough] work around.  I re-edited my original post below too...  Update...  I give up!  Firefox works somewhat (although I have not tried all the posting features) and Safari posts worse than Netscape v.1  :)

Moose, have you seen the disgusting way Dyson has been mistreated by a few "in big unelected chairs" with his school.  All government funding has been pulled and given to the Dragon's something (inventor t.v. show) Peter (something).  You'll never see James degrade people like this Peter character.

http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/news/wasted-opportunity/article-388558-detail/article.html 

Thanks Motorhead.  Lets hope the DC22 has a good wand assembly...  no more DC21 like wand and all it’s limitations and heavy weight.  With Dyson-like cyclonic's becoming a commodity and no longer a Dyson [only] exclusive, I believe these "cyclonic commodities" will be judge on all the value trades [as always] but maintenance too [how often or how much of a hassle pre-filter cleaning is].  For me and in my opinion the DC22 is worthless as a break-thru product if it cannot go for 1 year [minimum] until pre-filer maintenance is required.  This is something Dyson touted in Japan and certainly can advertise here too, although it could/will make his DC24/25 cleaning schedules look bad.  It is a cyclonic race and Dyson the leader of 20 years should have an explosive clear cut filtering winner!

A corded DC16 or alike is needed if the price point is not insanely high.  The Knuckleduster to some [maybe many?] is slang for “Brass Knuckles”.  I like the name when I first heard of it [Moose posted the Trademark reg], but is it worth it?  I am no marketing guy, so I ask...  Having KuckleDuster sounding close to a DustBuster 1) Is this the fast track to getting Knucklebuster in to minds of consumers or 2) some other reason/s or 3) bad idea/bad idea to some?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knuckle-duster

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=knuckle-duster&ni=21&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-501&fr2=tab-web&xargs=0&pstart=1&b=1
This message was modified Oct 10, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 249 - 258 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42