Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 231 - 240 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Reply #231   Jul 19, 2008 7:48 am
Hello DIB:

Hit a nerve, did I?  They say the truth hurts.  See why? 

No need for me to edit/change/word smith.  I specifically quoted the name you most often use to impugn posters here in brackets in my original post [anti-dyson].   And for your benefit I elaborated further on the notion that truth and facts are NOT anti-any particular name brand save errors and falsehoods.  Surely, you have the maturity, wisdom and wherewithal to accept and comprehend the veracity my statements.  

There is an old school saying:  If the shoe fits, wear it!!  This shoe fits you like a glove.  

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 19, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #232   Jul 20, 2008 7:01 pm

Carmine,

If I need a lesson in truth taught by condescending maligners, you’re the man.  If I need a lesson on bad-mouthing and lying of the good - again, you're the man.  You will have to excuse me, but I will be sidestepping your freak show.        DIB

This message was modified Jul 20, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Motorhead

Reply #233   Jul 20, 2008 7:20 pm
I will second the fact that neither DIB, myself, nor anyone else has referred to others on here who may possibly have differing opinions as a drunk, or cast off a particular person's rantings as a "mad drunk rant" (and I've certainly experienced those). 

Anti-Dyson on the other hand?  Yes, yes, and YES, and for no clear reason.  The Dyson bashing I've seen here does not consist of truth and facts.  Once again, making something up once and repeating it so often you believe it is not a fact.

-MH
This message was modified Jul 20, 2008 by Motorhead
CarmineD

Reply #234   Jul 20, 2008 8:53 pm
Hello anti-ASA posters:

This is not about me.  I didn't post the ASA ruling and couch with a question that has a pre-conceived notion.  And ask for readers' comments in support of that notion.  I responded and said sorry guy.  I agree with the ASA.  Nothing new here.  I have been saying the same since 2002 about dysons.  Nothing new too is the response to the ASA ruling by DIB.  [MOTOR must be feeling the guilt twinges].   The infamous anti-dyson label. 

The above facts are self-evident to any one with a grade school IQ/education.  But, make no mistake about it DIB and MOTOR.  If you want to go toe to toe on this with me, rather than cut your losses, then take your best shots.  I'll thrust and parry with you both.  No problem.  This time I got the ASA in my corner. 

But you watch and see how quickly Mike W. locks this thread.  Blame whoever you want for it's demise, but the bottom line will be the end for this dyson thread.  I can live very well with that end.  Can you?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 20, 2008 by CarmineD
dusty

Reply #235   Jul 20, 2008 9:12 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello anti-ASA posters:

This is not about me.  I didn't post the ASA ruling and couch with a question that has a pre-conceived notion.  And ask for readers' comments in support of that notion.  I responded and said sorry guy.  I agree with the ASA

You also said that DIB had called forum members drunks and as I read it that is the sole issue to which he asked you retract from.  Your's or anyone elses opinion on the ASA is not in question.

Dusty
CarmineD

Reply #236   Jul 20, 2008 9:18 pm
dusty wrote:
You also said that DIB had called forum members drunks and as I read it that is the sole issue to which he asked you retract from.  Your's or anyone elses opinion on the ASA is not in question.

Dusty

Dusty:

I said [read it] DIB resorted to the same tact with the ASA [name calling] as he uses for all posters who say the same as the ASA [anti-dyson]. 

Calling the ASA [and the expert industry witness] anti-dyson is malicious and imputes evil motives.  Is that what DIB is saying about the ASA?  The ASA is malicious and has evil motives?  That sounds to me like DIB is calling the ASA's ruling and opinions into question.  He's saying they are not based on truth and facts but prejudice.  Come on Mr. Word Smither.  This is a grade school level lesson!

Not the same as calling the ASA drunks, which BTW DIB never did.  He asked readers whether they are or not?  As one would say to another:  What are you drunk?  Readers can laugh at this comment, even I suspect the ASA.  Because it's used for hyperbole: To make light of something and be funny! 

DIB emphatically calls the ASA anti-dyson.  That is no laughing matter.   It's not funny.  It's a demeaning and libelous label.  And a basis for the ASA, in its role as a neutral industry arbitrator, to consider legal action. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 20, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #237   Jul 21, 2008 4:50 pm

Hi Dusty and Motorhead,

Thanks for the support.  Like I proved Carmine wrong when he was maligning Mr. Dyson and claiming he stole and/or strong armed a small time inventor when this inventor posted here that he was infringed on over the DC15.  I do not remember seeing Carmine reverse his stance or signal any sort of regret of this false stance and malign (he brought zero proof, and only mud slinging).  Enough of Carmine, I have been watching the ASA for some time and their involvement in the Hoover U.S. v. Dyson counter suit.  I have on file a Bloomberg news report on this lawsuit and have been putting all the pieces and timeline together of how Hoover’s $627,600,000 claimed damages against James in a false advertising lawsuit.  Some here say Hoover was not hurt by James but Hoover believed it was.  The ASA had a huge role in ending Dyson’s “No Clogging” claim here and in the UK and maybe eleswhere too (at least for now) and bringing this lawsuit to a settlement.  It is big business and it’s ugly.  The ASA may or may not be able to tweak their adjudications much, but they can certainly delay the release of a ruling which can help Hoover U.S./UK and hurt Mr. Dyson big time.      DIB

P.S.  Carmine, there is no need to re-interpret my posts, my linked documents or news stories.  We are all grown ups here and need not have your personel translation, tweaks and spins on said docs, reports and posts.  Due your own homework, and quit sponging off of and spinning mine.

This message was modified Jul 22, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #238   Jul 21, 2008 5:36 pm

The current ASA ruling is clearly and cogently based on the facts and evidence presented in the case [read: the truth].  It is in no way, shape, or form anti-dyson, as claimed, IMHO.  I've stated my reasons above. 

Furthermore, as I said, if the ASA is anti-anything, as is claimed, it is anti-false and misleading advertising claims by product makers.  This is it's stated and approved authority and mission.  All the aggrieved parties whether complaintants and/or defendants, agree in advance to accept the ASA decisions as the final rule making authority.  They do so knowing that there is no further recourse for appeal after the ASA.   This presupposes that all the parties have the maturity, wisdom, and wherewithal to accept and comply with the ASA rulings [without resorting to name calling before/after]. 

Carmine D's Law:  Where one stands, oftentimes depends on where he/she sits.  The proof is self-evident.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 21, 2008 by CarmineD
M00seUK

Reply #239   Aug 24, 2008 6:45 am
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/money/2008/08/24/sv_jamesdyson.xml

Good article in this newspaper today, on James Dyson.

By the way, in the TV news pictures, at the top of this thread - notice that you can see one of his son's 'MotorLights' in the background?

This message was modified Aug 24, 2008 by M00seUK
M00seUK

Reply #240   Sep 27, 2008 11:25 am
Jake Dyson looks to be positioning himself as heir to his father’s legacy. He’s added a wall-mounted Motorlight to compliment the free-standing version and is busy working on a third version.

http://www.bdonline.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=453&storycode=3123560&c=2

http://www.jakedyson.com/

Will Dyson (Senior) one day launch a coffee machine? Interesting patent filing here, which describes a method to simplify the internal working of such a machine, so that two ingredient hoppers can be operated by a single motor :-

http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=GB2447678&F=0

in turn, would there be any value in having coffee beans grounded by a Dyson Digital Motor at 100,000 rpm? Maybe!
There's no obvious reference to floor / laundry care in the description, but perhaps it could be applied.

The Dyson AirBlade web site has had a recent overhaul including a great video with John Churchill, who is credited with having the initial idea for the product.

http://www.dysonairblade.co.uk/

Replies: 231 - 240 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42