Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Original Message   Nov 22, 2007 12:23 am
1)  Nov 21, 2007 James Dyson t.v. commercial parodied on Saturday Night Live.

2)  March 17, 2009:  While many independent vacuum dealers bad-mouth, lie of and/or dismiss James Dyson and his teams contributions, many others champion the man.  Watch James Dyson in his element - in his Malmesbury Headquarters.  NBC’s “Today Show”  http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=71fa9222-10d2-413c-bf31-0007895697ac

2)  Older video news:  I could not resist...  A Hottie car-news chick mentions the rumor of Dyson working with car makers, and Oreck gets a mention too (funny).

www.blinkx.com/video/hamann-stallion-audi-a7-fast-lane-daily-24jun08/JQ18e2m7y5hiULCgEQWSvw

This message was modified Oct 28, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 178 - 187 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
M00seUK

Re: Dyson & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Reply #178   Jun 25, 2008 5:45 pm
Hi Motorhead,

If you check the behind the scenes of 'the ball' video on youtube, you'll notice that it looks like Dyson had at one stage built a more recent prototype that looked similar to this. It was a bit like a upright version of the DC11.
Motorhead

Reply #179   Jun 25, 2008 7:13 pm
Hi Moose,

Thanks for pointing that out, I had watched the video before when it was linked here but didn't notice that the first time.  It does resemble the DC11 a bit, that and a Ball version of the DC03.

On an unrelated note, the interesting thing about the early prototype is that both cyclones are high-efficiency (900 MPH) compared to one high and one low-efficiency cyclone, making the machine excellent for fine dust pickup but useless for pet hair and other large debris. 

-MH
Motorhead

Reply #180   Jun 25, 2008 9:40 pm
mole wrote:
Your point would be valid if dyson was a 79,95 vacuum cleaner.Imagine that 512 people on the payroll to make mistake after mistake after mistake.I wonder how many are working in the marketing department over 1000?

We know that Gasko is the minister of propaganda, Maybe Jimmy will have to move him over to another department soon,maybe in charge of janitorial duties, Or maybe he could be the E-BAY police,seeking out those evil indys that sell the piece of junk online for cost.[ITS STILL OVERPRICED]

YOU GUYS ARE STILL THE LEADERS IN THE COLORS DEPARTMENT,

B.T.W. when are they going to fix the hoses from breaking off its a huge aftermarket all to its self,I cant personally give dyson credit for that he does not make his own parts[like real manufactures],

BYE BYE SIR JIMMY, why dont you get back into the laundry business again, you failure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

mole

Aftermarket?  Maybe the bojack parts you buy from Hesco that you try to pass off as genuine DYSON to customers are aftermarket, but not anything else.  I know for a fact that if you are an authorized DYSON service center you have access to genuine DYSON parts for all models.

I honestly have no idea what to say about your other rantings since they're so far off the deep end.

-MH
DysonInventsBig

Reply #181   Jun 27, 2008 3:31 pm

Motorhead,

Well done and thanks for keeping the rock throwing, bad mouthing, anti-Dyson dealers or alike feet to the fire and/or keeping them honest.  They hate being exposed (and they use bad words too ).        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #182   Jun 27, 2008 4:37 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Motorhead,

Well done and thanks for keeping the rock throwing, bad mouthing, anti-Dyson dealers or alike feet to the fire and/or keeping them honest.  They hate being exposed (and they use bad words too ).        DIB

DIB:

Truth is [since we are being honest] that many vacuum replacement parts are as good if not better than original and less expensive.  Customers oftentimes will specifically ask if there are replacement parts that are less expensive that can be bought/used in their repairs. 

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #183   Jun 27, 2008 7:39 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

Truth is [since we are being honest] that many vacuum replacement parts are as good if not better than original and less expensive.  Customers oftentimes will specifically ask if there are replacement parts that are less expensive that can be bought/used in their repairs. 

Carmine D.

Carmine,

Knock-offs aside, Motorhead made many points on his last two posts (one of which mole called him a worthless maggot).   My reply to Motorhead would have been better suited on the other thread but Moles foul mouth got it shut down and so I had to post on this thread.  Motorhead is the first I'm aware of ,that appreciates Dyson and can hold his own with dealers that well...  l oath Dyson.  I love it when he calls em out and they get flustered.  IT'S HALLARIOUS!        DIB

This message was modified Jun 27, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

HARDSELL

Reply #184   Jun 27, 2008 10:08 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

Carmine D.

What if you subsitiure after market parts (cheaper) and charge for genuine parts without customer knowledge?  Truth is I have no confidence in your honesty.
CarmineD

Reply #185   Jun 28, 2008 6:16 am
HARDSELL wrote:
What if you subsitiure after market parts (cheaper) and charge for genuine parts without customer knowledge?  Truth is I have no confidence in your honesty.

HS:

You wouldn't recognize the truth if it hit you between the eyes like a sledge hammer.  If you could, you wouldn't sell off your best assets, then kick yourself every day for years for doing so.  

You would pose a question like this to accuse indy-s when you have no concrete evidence/proof of it.  No doubt, there are fly by nights who did/do what you say [in all industries, not just vacuums].  Your innuendoes smack of accusations [without proof].   I''m retired after 40 plus years in the vacuum business.  If I did it, I wouldn't have retired from the business.  I would have been drummed out.

You judge others by yourself, HS.  Not a realistic and truthful picture of the world now is it?   

Let's use you as a hypothetical, since you posed the question.  If you did what you said [use replacement parts as genuine for the profit] and you were an authorized dyson dealer, you would soon be dis-enfranchised.  True with all vacuum brands and their franchises.  It's the vacuum makers' representatives [reps] who have the responsibility to ensure that their dealers are using only genuine parts, if customers wanted and paid for them.  But dyson reps, especially the preponderance of former housewives, probably don't know/do it very well.  Why?  They don't have the knowledge and experience in the industry.  They're housewives.  What do they know about the vacuum industry?  How it works?

You get what you pay for HS.  $30K may be a nice income for a former housewife whose claim to fame for vacuum experience is being a happy dyson user.  But dyson has to pay more to get "qualified" reps who know the business.  If they did, you'd probably still be using a dyson. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 28, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #186   Jun 28, 2008 9:18 am
DIB:

What you, HS and Motor don't comprehend is that many indy-s [not franchised] have access to the same genuine after market parts from the suppliers who make and sell the parts to the vacuum makers as genuines.  And cheaper too than buying through the vacuum maker as a franchisee.  Want proof?  Okay.  Who made the motors for the DC07?  Panasonic.  Do you think you had to be a franchised dyson dealer to buy them?  Of course not!  Sell for $50-$75 over-the counter from any indy.  

That was MOLE's point in several posts about dyson parts, if I remember correctly.  He's right.  It's always been that way when makers outsource the genuine parts to vacuum suppliers.  They have no control over who gets them and for how much. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 28, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #187   Jun 28, 2008 9:19 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Motorhead,

Why dont you tell us about the lifetime filters and how much they cost to replace?

Lifetime[WHOS]?

And dont forget to ask the 450 brain surgeons first. Does Jimmy know what a magneto does?

MOLE

Replies: 178 - 187 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42