Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Original Message   Nov 22, 2007 12:23 am
1)  Nov 21, 2007 James Dyson t.v. commercial parodied on Saturday Night Live.

2)  March 17, 2009:  While many independent vacuum dealers bad-mouth, lie of and/or dismiss James Dyson and his teams contributions, many others champion the man.  Watch James Dyson in his element - in his Malmesbury Headquarters.  NBC’s “Today Show”  http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=71fa9222-10d2-413c-bf31-0007895697ac

2)  Older video news:  I could not resist...  A Hottie car-news chick mentions the rumor of Dyson working with car makers, and Oreck gets a mention too (funny).

www.blinkx.com/video/hamann-stallion-audi-a7-fast-lane-daily-24jun08/JQ18e2m7y5hiULCgEQWSvw

This message was modified Oct 28, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 170 - 179 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Danorob

Re: Dyson & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Reply #170   Jun 13, 2008 8:59 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Sounds like the same list of cons for dyson vacuums.  Except I can list a few more. 

Since we are talking motors, ORECK motors in the Classic and DeLuxe last on average 10 years.   The new Ultra motor [more suction and a larger fan] lasts 15-20 years depending on usage.  Since the Ultra has a 21 year guarantee, if the motor goes during this time, it's covered for free.  And its more energy efficient than the smaller fan ORECK motors.  Uses less amps.  Innovative motor technology. 

Carmine D.

Actually Carmine, the motor's on the uprights are only warrantied for 3, 5, or 8 years depending on the model...

Here are the vaious warranties from the Oreck Website...

The Oreck XL® Deluxe Vacuum comes with a 5-year, worry-free motor warranty and a full 10-year housing warranty. Oreck will repair or replace, free of charge, to the original purchaser, any part which is found to be defective in material or workmanship within five years of the date of purchase; ten years on housing. This limited warranty applies to normal domestic use. Oreck's limited warranty is valid only if you retain proof of purchase from Oreck or an Oreck Authorized Retail Dealer for this product.

* Any commercial use of this product will void this limited warranty.

Download a PDF (Portable Document Format) with the full warranty information for the Oreck XL® Deluxe Vacuum.

The Oreck XL® Ultra Vacuum comes with an 8-year, worry-free motor warranty and a full 10-year housing warranty. Oreck will repair or replace, free of charge, to the original purchaser, any part which is found to be defective in material or workmanship within eight years of the date of purchase; ten years on housing. This limited warranty applies to normal domestic use. Oreck's limited warranty is valid only if you retain proof of purchase from Oreck or an Oreck Authorized Retail Dealer for this product.

Download a PDF (Portable Document Format) with the full warranty information for the Oreck XL® Ultra Vacuum

The Oreck XL® Classic Vacuum comes with a 3-year, worry-free motor warranty and a full 10-year housing warranty. Oreck will repair or replace, free of charge, to the original purchaser, any part which is found to be defective in material or workmanship within three years of the date of purchase; ten years on housing. This limited warranty applies to normal domestic use. Oreck's limited warranty is valid only if you retain proof of purchase from Oreck or an Oreck Authorized Retail Dealer for this product.

* Any commercial use of this product will void this limited warranty.

After I posted the above, I also want to add that Carmine is correct about the 21 year warranty, but this only applies to the The Oreck XL21® Titanium Series Vacuum Cleaner which sells for $749.99...

Oddly there is no mention of this vaccum under the section of the website titled "warranty" - but here is the information in the product description:

In an economy where most vacuum manufacturers design "throwaway" appliances, guaranteed for a mere six months or one year, we've designed a lightweight, heavy-duty vacuum that protects your investment as it cleans your house. So, all the parts and pieces on the Oreck XL21 (except consumables such as bags and belts) are completely covered for an unprecedented 21 years. This is a vacuum built to standards you'd expect from luxury cars. But which luxury cars are guaranteed for 21 years? Our red-carpet guarantee means you'll get a free yearly 15-point tune up to keep your XL21 looking and running like new, free service and a free loaner vac if you need one. Simply bring your Oreck XL21 in to the Oreck Store nearest you for your FREE tune-ups (a $630 value!), and every year for 21 years, we'll replace the belt, seals and inner bag, clean the roller brush and outer bag, polish the armature, check all electrical connections, and clean and sanitize the interior and exterior of the vacuum. How's that for service?! You'll never worry about maintaining your vac again, and you'll save money knowing that your Oreck XL21 will last for 21 years or more!

This message was modified Jun 13, 2008 by Danorob
CarmineD

Reply #171   Jun 13, 2008 9:33 pm
Hello Danorob:

Thanks for the post.  My head was quicker than my hands and I was rushing.   Dinner was waiting.  I was in the process to repost correctly and noted you were ahead of me already.  Nice to see people read and take note.  Please note on the ORECK thread some time back I posted the motor information and comparisons of the models correctly.  The motors on the ORECK-s [XL Classic, Deluxe, and Ultra] are the same save for the XL21 Titanium.  The latter has the larger motor, more suction and larger fan with 21 year warranty.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 13, 2008 by CarmineD
Acerone

Reply #172   Jun 25, 2008 5:09 am
The history behind all the Dyson uprights. Here's one Dyson vacuum that I haven't seen before. The first one in this video. Video
M00seUK

Reply #173   Jun 25, 2008 6:39 am
Acerone wrote:
The history behind all the Dyson uprights. Here's one Dyson vacuum that I haven't seen before. The first one in this video. Video

Hi, which one hadn't you seen before?

Incidently, notice the DC01 limited addition 'blue' in the video?

A shop local to me has a reconditioned one of these on display at the moment, selling for 50GBP.
While I don't collect vacs myself, I think that would be a good price for someone who did?

CarmineD

Reply #174   Jun 25, 2008 7:34 am
Thanks M00seUK:

I note the same color schemes as the DC07 Original sold exclusively in WalMart stores for $359 now. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 25, 2008 by CarmineD
M00seUK

Reply #175   Jun 25, 2008 7:46 am
Acerone wrote:

Oh sorry, I know the vac you're referring to now. No, I hadn't seen that one before also.
CarmineD

Reply #176   Jun 25, 2008 7:50 am
M00seUK:

If dyson made the warranty 5 years on the DC07 Original [which has an MSRP of $389] rather than 2 years, it would have sold better in Wal*Mart stores.  I've noticed that most WM stores don't have this exclusive on the shelves.  Dyson struck out twice with WM on exclusive models:  The DC07 All Carpets and the DC07 Original. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 25, 2008 by CarmineD
Motorhead

Reply #177   Jun 25, 2008 5:28 pm
M00seUK wrote:
Hi, which one hadn't you seen before?

Incidently, notice the DC01 limited addition 'blue' in the video?

A shop local to me has a reconditioned one of these on display at the moment, selling for 50GBP.
While I don't collect vacs myself, I think that would be a good price for someone who did?

I know someone who has that model, well and all the other DYSON models in the display case except for the prototype of course, of which only one was made.  Chances are, had there been two manufactured, my friend would most likely have one

The only difference is that his aren't sitting in a glass case, they are in a storage room waiting to be used for the thing they were invented for, that is to CLEAN.  After all, that's the only use for a vacuum cleaner.  I have used all of these early models pictured, and the one thing I have noticed is that they all work as well as their modern counterparts, do not lose suction of course, and aren't exactly noisy either. 

This limited edition blue DYSON DC01 was called the "Antarctica Solo" edition and created to aid breakthrough breast cancer research. 

-MH
M00seUK

Reply #178   Jun 25, 2008 5:45 pm
Hi Motorhead,

If you check the behind the scenes of 'the ball' video on youtube, you'll notice that it looks like Dyson had at one stage built a more recent prototype that looked similar to this. It was a bit like a upright version of the DC11.
Motorhead

Reply #179   Jun 25, 2008 7:13 pm
Hi Moose,

Thanks for pointing that out, I had watched the video before when it was linked here but didn't notice that the first time.  It does resemble the DC11 a bit, that and a Ball version of the DC03.

On an unrelated note, the interesting thing about the early prototype is that both cyclones are high-efficiency (900 MPH) compared to one high and one low-efficiency cyclone, making the machine excellent for fine dust pickup but useless for pet hair and other large debris. 

-MH
Replies: 170 - 179 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42