Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Original Message   Jan 17, 2008 3:54 pm
Replies: 400 - 409 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Reply #400   May 29, 2008 4:08 pm
Hello HARDSELL:

I knew you could answer, it just takes awhile.  Given the 2 vacuums: DC07 All Floors for $299 and the Royal Eminence for $299, which would you buy and why?

Let's see if you can answer 2 questions in a row on here.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #401   May 30, 2008 7:40 am
No answer HARDSELL?  Not even an irrelevant reply about unrelated matter.  You're losing your signature touch.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #402   May 30, 2008 3:59 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello HARDSELL:

I knew you could answer, it just takes awhile.  Given the 2 vacuums: DC07 All Floors for $299 and the Royal Eminence for $299, which would you buy and why?

Let's see if you can answer 2 questions in a row on here.

Carmine D.

I overlooked your response last night and at 4 am today.

I would take the Dyson at $299.  In fact I called the Royal dealer last year to see how much tt would cost to trade.  The difference was mor than I was willing to pay.

Simply put the Dyson cleans better, no bags to buy and no belts to replace.  Shortly after purchasing the Royal my son used it and immediately told me that the Dyson was better.  His comment was totally unsolicited.  He has absolutely no interest in vacuums, however he knows which has best perfformance.

CarmineD

Reply #403   May 30, 2008 4:45 pm
Hello HARDSELL:

Your response begs the question: Why did you sell the dyson DC07 if you like it so much?  And buy the Royal Eminence for $299? 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #404   May 30, 2008 8:34 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello HARDSELL:

Your response begs the question: Why did you sell the dyson DC07 if you like it so much?  And buy the Royal Eminence for $299? 

Carmine D.

Carmine,

For as long as I can remember I have been the type to constantly try "something new".  That is how I ended up with the Dyson, the Royal and the Kirby.  Years ago I bought a Rainbow and gifted my Electrolux to my daughter.

In the process of trying new products I cull those that are unsatisfactory.  That is why I returned the likes of Kenmore, Panasonic and Oreck. 

I bought a new Dodge Charger Hemi in 1968 for around $6000.  Traded it a year later. Today these bring upwards of $500,000.  If I could kick my rear I would do so each day for that mistake.

CarmineD

Reply #405   May 31, 2008 7:09 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Carmine,

In the process of trying new products I cull those that are unsatisfactory.  That is why I returned the likes of Kenmore, Panasonic and Oreck. 

Hello HARDSELL:

Are you saying the answer is in your second paragraph.  You culled [sold and purchased the Royal] the dyson DC07 because you deemed it was unsatisfactory?  That's the message I get after I cull the other information in your post about your 1968 mistake in selling the Dodge Charger.

I do the same, buy and try.  I purchased the new Dirt Devil Kruz for $100.  It was to be a quick picker upper.  It was okay.  Very spivy looking.  8 pounds, like the famous ORECK.  Uses a similar wheel arrangement as the DD easy/power glide.  Skates along the hard floors with no effort.  Not nearly as good as the HOOVER Slider which can be used on rugs/carpets unlike the straight suction Kruz.  I gifted the Kruz away.  I'd recommend the HOOVER Slider over the Kruz.

FYI, Fry's has a 5 day sale currently, not just one day as on Memorial Day, on all new DC07 All Floors.  $299 on clearance and closeout.  My sense is that after all these dyson 7-s are sold, next Fry's will discount the DC14-s. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 31, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #406   May 31, 2008 9:31 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Carmine,

For as long as I can remember I have been the type to constantly try "something new".  That is how I ended up with the Dyson, the Royal and the Kirby.  Years ago I bought a Rainbow and gifted my Electrolux to my daughter.

In the process of trying new products I cull those that are unsatisfactory.  That is why I returned the likes of Kenmore, Panasonic and Oreck

I bought a new Dodge Charger Hemi in 1968 for around $6000.  Traded it a year later. Today these bring upwards of $500,000.  If I could kick my rear I would do so each day for that mistake.

Carmine,

Read the bold type above.   I used these for the length (or less) of the trial period only. They were not satisfactory so I returned them. 

1. I finally used a DC07.  Liked it and kept for about 3 years.  During that time I had some carpet removed and installed wood floors.  The carpet was in the highest trafficked area of my home and was about 7 years old.  The flooring installer couldn't believe the cleanliness of the removed carpet.  You will recall that during this time I had a Hoover Fusion for several months.  Sold it because I thought the 07 was better.

2.  I sold the DC07 after 3 years of use and bought the Royal. No problems with the Dyson.  I was just in the mood for a change.  One reason for buying the Royal was to see if there was any truth to your and other reports that independent stores offer better brands and service.  The dealer is relatively new and is unlike all that I have visited in the past.  Facility was clean and well stocked. Salesman seemed to be honest.  Have not dealt with service so I can't comment  Some brands he sells are Miele, Royal and Sanitaire.  I was told by the salesman that the Royal would perform as good as the others. 

3. I think you already know the story, however I will repeat.  At the end of last year Sears had a promotion of 20% (could have been 15%, not positive) off fo items purchased on a Sears card.  I called the Royal dealer to inquire about trading for a Dyson. He wanted more than I was wiling to give.   I then purchased the DC14 from Sears.  I did not like the 14 as much as the 07 so I returned it at end of trial period.    

4.  Early 2008 door bell rings.  I am told that I can get a free carpet shampoo in my living room.  Solicitor did not mention Kirby.  When I asked if he was attempting to sell vacuums he replied "NO'.  I knew what was coming at the end.  I have lots of free time so I agreed to the demo.  Solicitor went to his vehicle and came back with another person to do the shampooing. Solicitor left.  I was told to vacuum the carpet before he shampooed. While I was vacuuming the salesman (posing as a shampooer) began to assemble his product.  After I vacuumed he took a Kirby with his clear attachment and a filter and proceeded to vacuum.  He vacuumed for a while and showed me the minute amount of dirt that the Royal left behind.  I had not told him that I had been using the DC14 for a couple of weeks.  Next trick is to take the filters and see how many the Kirby will hold against the sole plate before losing suction.  Next try same on the Royal.  No contest, Kirby won.  I could see the thrill in his eyes.  I asked if the same would happen with a Dyson and he said yes.  I then brought out the Dyson DC14.  You could see his enthusiasm drop when the Dyson held as many as his Kirby.  Long story short I got the Kirby for less than $800 including tax.

I wish that the Oreck performed to my total expectation, however it doesn't.  I like the light weight, nimbleness in maneuvering and it leaves the carpet liiking well groomed.  I dislike its cost, having to have a seperate vac for hose use and I never found evidence that it removed the proper amount of dirt.  Perhaps the XL21 could have picked up more dirt if I had not already kept my carpet exceptionally clean with the DC07.

I suppose that I am doomed to buy and try.  However, I can't buy just because something is made in the USA.  I also can't justify a purchase solely because the owner is a good fella or because he served in the military.  If anyone uses this criteria alone the only candidate for president is John McCain and the others should be disqualified.

Sorry for the lenght of my response.  I just want to bring this to closure.  On second thought I have only left room for a thousand more questions. 

CarmineD

Reply #407   May 31, 2008 2:36 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Carmine,

If anyone uses this criteria alone the only candidate for president is John McCain and the others should be disqualified.

Sorry for the lenght of my response.  I just want to bring this to closure.  On second thought I have only left room for a thousand more questions. 

Hello HARDSELL:

With regard to the first statement:  I don't think any Commander in Chief should be allowed to send Americans into battle until he/she has walked the battlefield of the dead and wounded.  Based on that criteria, it would eliminate all except John McCain. 

Yes to the second.  I didn't know you owned a HOOVER FUSION.  I thought from your posts it was a HOOVER WT bagless. 

Thanks for the response.  As you might sense,  I still don't understand and accept you selling the DC07.  I can understand the 68 Dodge Charger.  40 years ago.  It was a mistake.  When young, we all make them.  Having made that one 40 years, I would think you would learn a life lesson.  You don't sell your assets [except in rare and unusual situations].  Apparently you did.  The first, I'll grant is a mistake.  The second?  

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 31, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #408   Jun 15, 2008 8:34 pm
TARGET is offering a $40 GIFTCARD on the purchase of the DC24 for $399.  Dyson's newest lightweight and latest addition to the big box retailer stores' vacuum venues.  Being billed by TARGET as dyson's latest vacuum technology: The Ball.  Did we all just imagine the DC15 Ball from April 2005?  Maybe if you pretend long and hard enough, and wait long enough, people will believe the DC15 Ball never really existed! 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 15, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #409   Jun 18, 2008 12:23 am
CarmineD wrote:
TARGET is offering a $40 GIFTCARD on the purchase of the DC24 for $399.  Dyson's newest lightweight and latest addition to the big box retailer stores' vacuum venues.  Being billed by TARGET as dyson's latest vacuum technology: The Ball.  Did we all just imagine the DC15 Ball from April 2005?  Maybe if you pretend long and hard enough, and wait long enough, people will believe the DC15 Ball never really existed! 

Carmine D.

Carmine,

While James was spending millions (undoubtedly) on t.v. advertising, launching and rolling out his DC24, the DC24 sat boxed in its packaging at the 2 Targets and 2 Best Buys in my area, making it difficult to appreciate the contrasting (small) size and impossible to try out, see its features and test drive to see what makes it different.  Ace posted earlier saying he was refused when he asked the Best Buy staff if a DC24 could be removed from its packaging and set out for demonstrating.  I saw these 2 Targets and 2 different Best Buys keep the DC24 locked up in its packaging for 2 weeks after it was rolled out.  Not good for anyone.  Of course now they’re unpacked, on display, and discounted too. 

The DC24 follows the success of the DC18.  The DC18 proved there was a paying market for pivoting and turning uprights.  For example; HSN sold 7000 turning and pivoting Dyson’s in 24 hours as a Today Special, not bad.  There’s plenty praising the DC24, from the host of Good Morning America, Barons Online, etc.  When comparing value, the price may be a little high when compared to the full size All Floors, $400 DC07.  Although there are many upper income folks in my area who would think the $400 price tag is a bargain for their high rise apartments or condos as well as those with homes who want a second vacuum.  The folks I know who have money like the cool stuff and they appreciate engineering. - The tired Oreck (for example) simply does not cut it.        DIB

This message was modified Jun 18, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 400 - 409 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42