Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Vernon

Perfect Vacuum
Original Message   Mar 31, 2008 12:42 am
Have any of you guys actually had the opportunity to see this beast ??  It looks identical to the Lux model 1521, other than no bag fill/shut off indicator.  Supposedly has a Lamb motor, but which model number??

If I'm not mistaken, it's IMG of New York that's having these made.  Did some research and it appears that IMG and Electrolux Home Care Products had a court battle over a couple of Sanitaire models. 

Vern
Replies: 21 - 30 of 40Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
earthworm

Labels are for things, not man.

Re: Perfect Vacuum
Reply #21   May 20, 2008 8:33 pm
A "perfect" vacuum exists not, even in outer space and certainly not in the appliance world..

But, I'd say the best is a whole house system with a decent hose, sufficient outlets, and good design...

Any takers ?

CarmineD

Reply #22   May 21, 2008 8:12 am
earthworm wrote:
A "perfect" vacuum exists not, even in outer space and certainly not in the appliance world..

But, I'd say the best is a whole house system with a decent hose, sufficient outlets, and good design...

Any takers ?

Add affordable price and I would also agree! 

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #23   May 21, 2008 12:06 pm
earthworm wrote:

The only perfect vacuum out there is the one you dont have to use..................

MOLE

Hertz

Reply #24   Jan 31, 2010 10:09 pm
Hey all, I was wondering how the build quality, performance, and overall functionality (noise level, ease of use) is on your C101 canister? Is it Made in the U.S.A? Is the air flow good? How is the power head/nozzle?! I was ALL excited to buy this until I found this... http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Canister-Vacuum-Cleaner/product-reviews/B0016IQQ44/ref=dp_related_ads_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 Do you agree AT ALL with this "review" or is it complete and utter BS?!! I can get a NEAR-NEW, GENUINE Lux Marquise from this dude here: http://www.vacuumman.com/canister.html But he ALSO REALLY recommends the C101 Perfect canister and says it's of "great build quality." I'm not quite sure which source to believe, so I thought I would ask this forum. What's the real deal here?! To Danorob: If you've already sent me a response to my private message, please also Copy & Paste it here, or just reply to my private message here. Thanks!
CarmineD

Reply #25   Feb 1, 2010 7:06 am
Hertz wrote:
Hey all, I was wondering how the build quality, performance, and overall functionality (noise level, ease of use) is on your C101 canister? Is it Made in the U.S.A? Is the air flow good? How is the power head/nozzle?! I was ALL excited to buy this until I found this... http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Canister-Vacuum-Cleaner/product-reviews/B0016IQQ44/ref=dp_related_ads_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 Do you agree AT ALL with this "review" or is it complete and utter BS?!! I can get a NEAR-NEW, GENUINE Lux Marquise from this dude here: http://www.vacuumman.com/canister.html But he ALSO REALLY recommends the C101 Perfect canister and says it's of "great build quality." I'm not quite sure which source to believe, so I thought I would ask this forum. What's the real deal here?! To Danorob: If you've already sent me a response to my private message, please also Copy & Paste it here, or just reply to my private message here. Thanks!

You didn't mention prices for both and the first link with review doesn't open.  Second link:  It appears to be the Lux Marquise and says it was made thru 1991.  I'm not sure that is correct.  Marquise was made 87-88.  Grand Marquise made 88-94.  Price range according to the second link is $$350-$500.  Which is the actual price you were quoted?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Feb 1, 2010 by CarmineD
vacmanuk

Reply #26   Feb 1, 2010 12:11 pm
A perfect vacuum would be the one they use on Star Trek Next Gen. Leave the room, hit a button and EVERYTHING is cleaned without your involvement. I like that!
Venson

Reply #27   Feb 1, 2010 12:28 pm
Hertz wrote:

Hi Hertz,

There are just as good Lux buys to be had at eBay.  You should be able to land a decent used/rebuilt Lux for $250 or less. I see that as extremely fair as whether used or rebuilt there a very low warranty celings -- if any. 

Possible buyers need to think seriously on pricing especially when sending money on a used or rebuilt vacuum that is fifteen, ten or five or even two years of age.  My feeling on a used or rebuilt brand with a good reputation and in optimum condition is to try to not go beyond one-fourth of its original purchase price.  (If you take even a new vacuum in as a trade-in you'll be lucky to receive benefit of even one-tenth its original sale price.)  You of course factor, optional tools and attaqchments of value to you that may be included in the deal.

My problem with  Aerus/Electrolux is that I've seen so many so long, though that may well stand for quality and reliability, it sure can bore you.  BUT that's not a bad thing but probably really good come to thinkl of it..

I have long advocated the purchase of used or rebuilt Aerus/Luxes.  Why? As a brand they appear to have a higher "use and abuse" tolerance in the hands of less than consciencious users which is important. 

On older refurbed Lux models the electrified hoses can be/or are replaced with outsouced vinyl hoses via Asia adapted to work with the original hose end and fittings.  I've used one on an old 1205 I acquired and its proved durable.  Personally, I prefer machines that either come with original atachments or with non-generic replacements.  The flip tool for straight-suctioning carpets and bare floors is a great convenience, especially on light area and throw rugs  though not the best thing to attack pet hair, etc., on rugs.  The combi-tool for dusting and upholstery is pretty good as well.  A really great deal would be to land one with the electric Side-Kick mini nozzle included.

As an aside -- I like Luxes because they can be used for blowing which sets aside nonsense like having to spend five bucks on canned air to clean out you computer.

The Lux power nozzle is adequate, I have used them, have one in the house as a matter of fact. There are things about other PNs I prefer better -- like those with height adjustments --  but the Lux el-shaped PNs do a good job.

I have yet to hear of out and out bag breaks Electrolux bags in that they are positioned in a contained space and the high-filtration furnished by Aerus seem to perform relatively well.  That said, the models you're mentioning do not have pre-filters (nothing different from Lux for years) or exhaust filters.  You have not mentioned whether or not this is a big concern for you.  If it is you may want to consider some later model used or rebuilt Luxes.  There is a change of style in many of those and I cannot attest to the durability of the plastic wands.

Gotta run but as readily as I may advise checking out eBay, DO familiarize yourself with seller feedback.  DO ask questions. DO get a general idea of actual shipping fees by approximation at UPS or USPS websites.

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #28   Feb 1, 2010 1:33 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
A perfect vacuum would be the one they use on Star Trek Next Gen. Leave the room, hit a button and EVERYTHING is cleaned without your involvement. I like that!

I thought the dyson brand works like that from reading here by some about how great Sir James art.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #29   Feb 1, 2010 2:33 pm
vacmanuk wrote:

Well, I'm not quite there yet.  My best solution for fast and easy cleaning is a leaf blower.

Venson

Hertz

Reply #30   Feb 1, 2010 3:44 pm
Thanks for the long write up Venson, but you didn't answer my MAIN question: I was asking how is the build quality on the Perfect PowerTeam canister as opposed to an original Lux, how is the performance of the POWERTEAM canister, AND, is it Made in the U.S.A or not? I'm about to call: http://www.shopnss.com/default.asp - the makers of the actual re-introduced Electrolux PowerTeam C101 canister, and will ask them what's up. CarmineD, here's the link to the review on Amazon.com saying the Perfect PowerTeam is crap: http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Canister-Vacuum-Cleaner/product-reviews/B0016IQQ44/ref=dp_related_ads_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 Also, Venson, this guy: http://www.vacuumman.com/canister.html REALLY cleans them out, sands them down, REPAINTS them, and make them Like-New, so $350 for a near-BRAND NEW Marquise with all near-NEW-to-NEW and GENUINE attachments is a STEAL! Please though, my main question is about the PowerTeam canister, so please answer those people if you could and would. Thanks! :]
Replies: 21 - 30 of 40Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42