Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Vernon

Perfect Vacuum
Original Message   Mar 31, 2008 12:42 am
Have any of you guys actually had the opportunity to see this beast ??  It looks identical to the Lux model 1521, other than no bag fill/shut off indicator.  Supposedly has a Lamb motor, but which model number??

If I'm not mistaken, it's IMG of New York that's having these made.  Did some research and it appears that IMG and Electrolux Home Care Products had a court battle over a couple of Sanitaire models. 

Vern
Replies: 1 - 40 of 40View as Outline
Lucky1

Re: Perfect Vacuum
Reply #1   Mar 31, 2008 4:28 pm
I a sales sheet on the Perfect PowerTeam C101. I don't know if it's the one you are talking about. It says 21 Century Ametek Advantek Powered Motor
Venson

Reply #2   Mar 31, 2008 5:04 pm
Hi,

I think Mole has mentioned this machine.  From what I saw online, it is indeed a Lux sans the auto shut-off.  Since there's no way to put in an easy to tend to HEPA, HEPA bag is supplied.  The price I saw was $899.00.  They're right -- this had better be a perfect vacuum.

Venson

This message was modified Mar 31, 2008 by Venson
Vernon

Reply #3   Mar 31, 2008 10:11 pm
Yes, it is the perfect power team model C101.  I'd like to know what model # of lamb motor is in it, and is it a one or two stage motor. 
mole

Reply #4   Apr 6, 2008 7:56 am
Hi Vernon,Venson,yes this machine is the 1521 housings used on the D.J. 1984 thru the ultralux claasic 1994the powernozzle is a pn5 clone housings not as good as the origional,but i really like this powernozzle just because of the way the brushroll is held in [take a pn6 or 7 apart and you will see what i;m talking about] The attachments and the hose are not oem but a very nice replacement,you still cant beat aerus/electrolux attachments,The motor is overkill for this machine,IWILL GET THE SPECS LATER TO YOU,

The problems that the dealers[vac shops] is that for years they always burned down electrolux you guys know the stories,Now all of a sudden they are selling and recomending them to their customers,[LIKE EATING CROW] 

Yes  ESSACO AND DESCO ARE DISTRIBUTING THESE MACHINES

P,S how many knock off dysons and hoovers and mieles you see? The electrolux name is the the most powerful name in vacuum cleaners,why do you think the other eureka/lux paid 50 million for it..............

mole
budmattingly

Reply #5   Apr 6, 2008 4:16 pm
This doesn't look like it has the automatic control on the front. Does it have a bag change indicator instead?
mole

Reply #6   Apr 6, 2008 7:08 pm
budmattingly wrote:
This doesn't look like it has the automatic control on the front. Does it have a bag change indicator instead?

Hi Bud, the machine has neither. Aerus/Electrolux has a lock on the automatic feature. I do like the filtrete bags though, this machine is compitition for the AERUS/electrolux classic series,they are almost the same price,
I like the metal body feature.
ON ANOTHER FORUM SOMEONE SAID THAT THE FRONT SKID PLATES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE,its not an aerus off the shelf part but if you have connections in inventory they will find it and ship to their franchised dealers............
Venson

Reply #7   Apr 12, 2008 8:28 pm
Howdy all,

I got a very pleasant surprise.  I found a brand spanking new copy of Floor Care Professional's April 2008 edition in my post office box today.  There's lots of stuff that was covered  regarding the VDTA show in Vegas and I learned that Perfect Products presented not only its Power Team canister but two uprights as well. 

To answer a prior question, per the article the canister employs an Ametek Advantek motor that is claimed to provide125 inches of water lift.  The two "new" uprights shown in the article are clones of regular and wide-path Sanitaire commercial uprights fitted with high filtration bags. 

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #8   Apr 12, 2008 9:35 pm
Thanks for the update Venson.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #9   Apr 13, 2008 7:04 am
Venson wrote:
Howdy all,

I got a very pleasant surprise.  I found a brand spanking new copy of Floor Care Professional's April 2008 edition in my post office box today.  There's lots of stuff that was covered  regarding the VDTA show in Vegas and I learned that Perfect Products presented not only its Power Team canister but two uprights as well. 

To answer a prior question, per the article the canister employs an Ametek Advantek motor that is claimed to provide125 inches of water lift.  The two "new" uprights shown in the article are clones of regular and wide-path Sanitaire commercial uprights fitted with high filtration bags. 

Best,

Venson

Hello Venson,

You are becoming an insider , i think the real professionals already know that the SANITAIRE uprights 886,887,889,899widetrack machines are and always have been the best rug cleaning machines to come down the pike,It use to go head to head against HOOVERS commercial series uprights, The machines were so closely matched that the only differences were color and prices,you know that the sanitaire design belonged to eureka,it was their commercial division,comes in two mundane colors blue and red,
The retrolux speaks for itself, still the hottest selling rebuilt vacuums on earth are metal body ELECTROLUXES,

What type of cleaner you think people want ,something that looks like a flash gordon spaceship design or something that digs dirt like no tomorrow, Function over flash thats what these 2 machines are all about,

MOLE
Danorob

Reply #10   Apr 26, 2008 4:32 pm
I picked up my "Perfect" lux Canister Relica on Wednesday, and thought I would share some pictures....

Opening the box was like going back to 1987 !!!!!

I think this is now my favorite of all the vacuums I have had .....

Let me know what you all think,

Dan

This message was modified Apr 26, 2008 by Danorob
CarmineD

Reply #11   Apr 26, 2008 9:35 pm
mole wrote:

The electrolux name is the the most powerful name in vacuum cleaners,why do you think the other eureka/lux paid 50 million for it..............

mole

The name says it all: "Perfect."  Building the best vacuums of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.

Carmine D.

Motorhead

Reply #12   Apr 26, 2008 10:14 pm
Hi Danorob,

That looks like a fantastic machine, congratulations.  I had a Silverado Deluxe and loved it, so I might just have to get one of these.  I also heard from more than one source that these HEPA bags are some of the best, in fact I know one bought the Perfect bags to use in their Electroluxes!

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

-MH

mole

Reply #13   Apr 27, 2008 7:56 am
HI danorob, nice looking piece,

Is the front pivot wheel rubber coated?

Word on the street is the bag coupling is thicker than the oem lux bag and essco and desco are telling the dealers that these bags do not work in the Aerus/Electrolux's
,could anyone help us out with this one?

Is the machine louder than a diamond jubille,or ultralux L.X, I would imagine with the ametek/lamb motor it's a little louder.

And lastly whats the cord length,

Thanks a bunch

MOLE
Danorob

Reply #14   Apr 27, 2008 12:52 pm
mole wrote:
HI danorob, nice looking piece,

Is the front pivot wheel rubber coated?

Word on the street is the bag coupling is thicker than the oem lux bag and essco and desco are telling the dealers that these bags do not work in the Aerus/Electrolux's
,could anyone help us out with this one?

Is the machine louder than a diamond jubille,or ultralux L.X, I would imagine with the ametek/lamb motor it's a little louder.

And lastly whats the cord length,

Thanks a bunch

MOLE

Hi Mole,

Yes - One of the improvments was that all wheels on the canister and the power nozzle are now rubber coated....

The cardboard collar on the bag is slightly thicker then the lux version ,but much, much stiffier... A few people have used them in the old lux cleaers with no aparent harm - the actual bag is identical to the shape and size of the Lux "C" bags...

I think noise level is about the same as the Electrolux Marquis was...

When pulled to the red "max" mark the cord is 19.2 feet...

This message was modified Apr 27, 2008 by Danorob
mole

Reply #15   Apr 27, 2008 1:08 pm
Thanks Dan, I would say they got this machine right the first time,The turbo brush is not bad,but i believe the sidekick 1 might also work on the hose handle,though i must say sometimes the hose end and sidekick did not mate up something to do with the wire cover,The 360 hose handles have been prone to breaking right at the elbow,the oem lux hose is just a tad better on this aspect.The perfect hose i belive is marketed through perfect industrys,the bore is larger than the lux pistol grip end thus the oem handles and wirecovers wont work,just be carefull with this hose and youll be allright.......

regards

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #16   Apr 28, 2008 7:44 am
Now that there is the perfect vacuum, the only thing left is to offer a variety of colors to choose from.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Apr 28, 2008 by CarmineD
Vernon

Reply #17   Apr 28, 2008 10:13 am

CarmineD wrote:
Now that there is the perfect vacuum, the only thing left is to offer a variety of colors to choose from.

Carmine D.

Seven different colors, one for each day of the week!!
CarmineD

Reply #18   Apr 28, 2008 3:25 pm
Vernon wrote:
Seven different colors, one for each day of the week!!

Now you're talking.  And a pink version for the Susan G Komen cancer foundation.  I think you're on to something Venson.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #19   Apr 28, 2008 10:11 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Now you're talking.  And a pink version for the Susan G Komen cancer foundation.  I think you're on to something Venson.

Carmine D.

Hey! That was Vernon, not me!
CarmineD

Reply #20   Apr 29, 2008 2:34 am
Venson wrote:
Hey! That was Vernon, not me!

Sorry, Vernon and Venson.  The sight of colorful retro Lux-like vacuums obstructed my reading vision.

Which reminds me, how many of the old-timers remember when/how the rebuilders in the vacuum industry changed the color schemes on the classic vacuums of yester year?  Probably not too many still around of either: old timers and/or non-original colored rebuilt classic vacuums.  

Carmine D.

This message was modified Apr 29, 2008 by CarmineD
earthworm

Labels are for things, not man.

Reply #21   May 20, 2008 8:33 pm
A "perfect" vacuum exists not, even in outer space and certainly not in the appliance world..

But, I'd say the best is a whole house system with a decent hose, sufficient outlets, and good design...

Any takers ?

CarmineD

Reply #22   May 21, 2008 8:12 am
earthworm wrote:
A "perfect" vacuum exists not, even in outer space and certainly not in the appliance world..

But, I'd say the best is a whole house system with a decent hose, sufficient outlets, and good design...

Any takers ?

Add affordable price and I would also agree! 

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #23   May 21, 2008 12:06 pm
earthworm wrote:

The only perfect vacuum out there is the one you dont have to use..................

MOLE

Hertz

Reply #24   Jan 31, 2010 10:09 pm
Hey all, I was wondering how the build quality, performance, and overall functionality (noise level, ease of use) is on your C101 canister? Is it Made in the U.S.A? Is the air flow good? How is the power head/nozzle?! I was ALL excited to buy this until I found this... http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Canister-Vacuum-Cleaner/product-reviews/B0016IQQ44/ref=dp_related_ads_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 Do you agree AT ALL with this "review" or is it complete and utter BS?!! I can get a NEAR-NEW, GENUINE Lux Marquise from this dude here: http://www.vacuumman.com/canister.html But he ALSO REALLY recommends the C101 Perfect canister and says it's of "great build quality." I'm not quite sure which source to believe, so I thought I would ask this forum. What's the real deal here?! To Danorob: If you've already sent me a response to my private message, please also Copy & Paste it here, or just reply to my private message here. Thanks!
CarmineD

Reply #25   Feb 1, 2010 7:06 am
Hertz wrote:
Hey all, I was wondering how the build quality, performance, and overall functionality (noise level, ease of use) is on your C101 canister? Is it Made in the U.S.A? Is the air flow good? How is the power head/nozzle?! I was ALL excited to buy this until I found this... http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Canister-Vacuum-Cleaner/product-reviews/B0016IQQ44/ref=dp_related_ads_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 Do you agree AT ALL with this "review" or is it complete and utter BS?!! I can get a NEAR-NEW, GENUINE Lux Marquise from this dude here: http://www.vacuumman.com/canister.html But he ALSO REALLY recommends the C101 Perfect canister and says it's of "great build quality." I'm not quite sure which source to believe, so I thought I would ask this forum. What's the real deal here?! To Danorob: If you've already sent me a response to my private message, please also Copy & Paste it here, or just reply to my private message here. Thanks!

You didn't mention prices for both and the first link with review doesn't open.  Second link:  It appears to be the Lux Marquise and says it was made thru 1991.  I'm not sure that is correct.  Marquise was made 87-88.  Grand Marquise made 88-94.  Price range according to the second link is $$350-$500.  Which is the actual price you were quoted?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Feb 1, 2010 by CarmineD
vacmanuk

Reply #26   Feb 1, 2010 12:11 pm
A perfect vacuum would be the one they use on Star Trek Next Gen. Leave the room, hit a button and EVERYTHING is cleaned without your involvement. I like that!
Venson

Reply #27   Feb 1, 2010 12:28 pm
Hertz wrote:

Hi Hertz,

There are just as good Lux buys to be had at eBay.  You should be able to land a decent used/rebuilt Lux for $250 or less. I see that as extremely fair as whether used or rebuilt there a very low warranty celings -- if any. 

Possible buyers need to think seriously on pricing especially when sending money on a used or rebuilt vacuum that is fifteen, ten or five or even two years of age.  My feeling on a used or rebuilt brand with a good reputation and in optimum condition is to try to not go beyond one-fourth of its original purchase price.  (If you take even a new vacuum in as a trade-in you'll be lucky to receive benefit of even one-tenth its original sale price.)  You of course factor, optional tools and attaqchments of value to you that may be included in the deal.

My problem with  Aerus/Electrolux is that I've seen so many so long, though that may well stand for quality and reliability, it sure can bore you.  BUT that's not a bad thing but probably really good come to thinkl of it..

I have long advocated the purchase of used or rebuilt Aerus/Luxes.  Why? As a brand they appear to have a higher "use and abuse" tolerance in the hands of less than consciencious users which is important. 

On older refurbed Lux models the electrified hoses can be/or are replaced with outsouced vinyl hoses via Asia adapted to work with the original hose end and fittings.  I've used one on an old 1205 I acquired and its proved durable.  Personally, I prefer machines that either come with original atachments or with non-generic replacements.  The flip tool for straight-suctioning carpets and bare floors is a great convenience, especially on light area and throw rugs  though not the best thing to attack pet hair, etc., on rugs.  The combi-tool for dusting and upholstery is pretty good as well.  A really great deal would be to land one with the electric Side-Kick mini nozzle included.

As an aside -- I like Luxes because they can be used for blowing which sets aside nonsense like having to spend five bucks on canned air to clean out you computer.

The Lux power nozzle is adequate, I have used them, have one in the house as a matter of fact. There are things about other PNs I prefer better -- like those with height adjustments --  but the Lux el-shaped PNs do a good job.

I have yet to hear of out and out bag breaks Electrolux bags in that they are positioned in a contained space and the high-filtration furnished by Aerus seem to perform relatively well.  That said, the models you're mentioning do not have pre-filters (nothing different from Lux for years) or exhaust filters.  You have not mentioned whether or not this is a big concern for you.  If it is you may want to consider some later model used or rebuilt Luxes.  There is a change of style in many of those and I cannot attest to the durability of the plastic wands.

Gotta run but as readily as I may advise checking out eBay, DO familiarize yourself with seller feedback.  DO ask questions. DO get a general idea of actual shipping fees by approximation at UPS or USPS websites.

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #28   Feb 1, 2010 1:33 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
A perfect vacuum would be the one they use on Star Trek Next Gen. Leave the room, hit a button and EVERYTHING is cleaned without your involvement. I like that!

I thought the dyson brand works like that from reading here by some about how great Sir James art.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #29   Feb 1, 2010 2:33 pm
vacmanuk wrote:

Well, I'm not quite there yet.  My best solution for fast and easy cleaning is a leaf blower.

Venson

Hertz

Reply #30   Feb 1, 2010 3:44 pm
Thanks for the long write up Venson, but you didn't answer my MAIN question: I was asking how is the build quality on the Perfect PowerTeam canister as opposed to an original Lux, how is the performance of the POWERTEAM canister, AND, is it Made in the U.S.A or not? I'm about to call: http://www.shopnss.com/default.asp - the makers of the actual re-introduced Electrolux PowerTeam C101 canister, and will ask them what's up. CarmineD, here's the link to the review on Amazon.com saying the Perfect PowerTeam is crap: http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Canister-Vacuum-Cleaner/product-reviews/B0016IQQ44/ref=dp_related_ads_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 Also, Venson, this guy: http://www.vacuumman.com/canister.html REALLY cleans them out, sands them down, REPAINTS them, and make them Like-New, so $350 for a near-BRAND NEW Marquise with all near-NEW-to-NEW and GENUINE attachments is a STEAL! Please though, my main question is about the PowerTeam canister, so please answer those people if you could and would. Thanks! :]
Hertz

Reply #31   Feb 1, 2010 4:17 pm
Well evidently the WHOLE metal body is "Made in China!" - HOW FLIPPIN' PATHETIC AND DISAPPOINTING!!! That's really sad and DISGRACEFUL of "Perfect Products" to do that!! Well, it looks like if I EVEN DO go with a Lux, it will DEFINITELY be a GENUINE one, not a "Perfect PowerCrap!" Also, how would you guys say the new MG1/2/3 TriStars compare to an older metal Electrolux, or as a vacuum at all compared to like a Kirby or FilterQueen?
mole

Reply #32   Feb 1, 2010 7:32 pm
Hertz wrote:
Thanks for the long write up Venson, but you didn't answer my MAIN question: I was asking how is the build quality on the Perfect PowerTeam canister as opposed to an original Lux, how is the performance of the POWERTEAM canister, AND, is it Made in the U.S.A or not? I'm about to call: http://www.shopnss.com/default.asp - the makers of the actual re-introduced Electrolux PowerTeam C101 canister, and will ask them what's up. CarmineD, here's the link to the review on Amazon.com saying the Perfect PowerTeam is crap: http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Canister-Vacuum-Cleaner/product-reviews/B0016IQQ44/ref=dp_related_ads_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 Also, Venson, this guy: http://www.vacuumman.com/canister.html REALLY cleans them out, sands them down, REPAINTS them, and make them Like-New, so $350 for a near-BRAND NEW Marquise with all near-NEW-to-NEW and GENUINE attachments is a STEAL! Please though, my main question is about the PowerTeam canister, so please answer those people if you could and would. Thanks! :]

The machine is a cheap clone of the 1521 D.J   .SANS THE AUTOMATIC.    IT has a lot of suction and pretty decent bags,

Did you know about the marquise and the armature recall back in 87,there are still many out there that were never done, So if i were you i would be real carefull where you buy it from...............

regards

MOLE
This message was modified Feb 1, 2010 by mole
Hertz

Reply #33   Feb 1, 2010 8:26 pm
It seems like a DECENT clone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg97QmORf98&fmt=18 Woah, what was this recall all about?!! Btw, I think I'll be going with a FilterQueen - NEWEST ONE OUT, as my next vac, which will be a LOONG time from now, but it's my fantasy vac for now, as well as my Kirby G4 that I already have B) But yeah, tell me about this recall!
mole

Reply #34   Feb 1, 2010 8:56 pm
Hi

The recall was due to  a bad run of armatures bracket assemblys,most of the machines blew the armatures up within 10 minuets of use.The reps were sent out to have the armatures and top brackets replaced, Now for the best part,the defective armatures were replaced with more defective armatures that were in inventory. This went on for 2 years till it was finally figured out that the outsourced armatures were all bad.

Electrolux had its own motor manufactuing plant in piney flats TENN, Maybe H.S had  something to do with the problems

PS

The filter Queen made by health=mor is just a mere shell of what they once were.It all went downhillm after GRIFFEN went there...........

MOLE
vacmanuk

Reply #35   Feb 2, 2010 12:47 pm
Hertz - what does it matter that it's made in China?? Not all goods made there are rubbish. So many forget that the PC's and MACs theyre typing on are made in ruddy China!!
Hertz

Reply #36   Feb 2, 2010 7:29 pm
Very true! Still though, there's something BIG about a vacuum being made here B) However, the motor is USA made (Amatek), and the company told me the hose is, but the lady didn't sound too sure, so I think it's still a good vacuum for sure B) I would say it's worth more like $600-700 though, not WOPPING $900!! Especially for being Made In China!! - Simply because it's CHEAPER to buy the body from there, but the quality can still be good - excellent, this case it's just good - very good. Mole, you're wrong: The FQ's are still INCREDIBLE vacuums! All the quality is still there, and they are actually even better than before B) Better suction Better airflow Better Motor Better Filtration GREAT customer service And most, if not ALL *MADE* right here in Ohio! B)
mole

Reply #37   Feb 3, 2010 9:09 am
Then you please point out where the filter queen trademark is on their parts, they are no different than kirby assembled in the usa with parts from PROC like every one else has done.

B.T.W the hose on the perfect lux is chinese knock off by plastiflex, and they are junk also, I learned that a long time ago.

Say hi Shannon for me.........

regards

MOLE

Hertz

Reply #38   Feb 6, 2010 4:05 pm
OH really? Thanks for the update mole! So, FORGET THE PERFECT VACUUM! :p About the FilterQueens: They're still a very high quality vacuum, and with parts of extreme quality and craftsmanship with VERY unique engineering (conic shaped filters, the original cyclonic action, motor on top design), so I don't CARE WHERE the parts come from, AS LONG as the machine is EXTREMELY well built - like a Kirby - in which - from what I can and have gathered - FilterQueens are.
Hertz

Reply #39   Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm
HEY YA'LL HERE'S SOME MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PERFECT VACUUM: Apparently it's a really high quality unit - at least from a performance stand point. Also, I just called the manufacture themselves - NationWide Sales and Service: http://www.shopnss.com/ - and they said that the machine is Made in China yes, but the hose is Made in U.S.A by THEM themselves, the motor is the U.S.A-Made Amatek Advantek motor, and there's a FIVE YEAR WARRANTY on the motor with a TEN YEAR WARRANTY ON THE MACHINE ITSELF! This is starting to sound like a REAAALLY good machine! Woops, forgot the link: http://www.vacuumland.org/TD/THREADS/MODERN/7726.htm?20 The people there at VacuumLand say it's a VERY GOOD vac B)
This message was modified Feb 11, 2010 by Hertz
Hertz

Reply #40   Feb 11, 2010 5:31 pm
mole wrote:
B.T.W the hose on the perfect lux is chinese knock off by plastiflex, and they are junk also, I learned that a long time ago.

Say hi Shannon for me.........

regards

MOLE

How do you know? I called NationWide - the manufacturers of this vacuum (or at least the company behind it), and they said they make the hose themselves.
Replies: 1 - 40 of 40View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42