Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Vernon

Perfect Vacuum
Original Message   Mar 31, 2008 12:42 am
Have any of you guys actually had the opportunity to see this beast ??  It looks identical to the Lux model 1521, other than no bag fill/shut off indicator.  Supposedly has a Lamb motor, but which model number??

If I'm not mistaken, it's IMG of New York that's having these made.  Did some research and it appears that IMG and Electrolux Home Care Products had a court battle over a couple of Sanitaire models. 

Vern
Replies: 14 - 23 of 40Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Danorob

Re: Perfect Vacuum
Reply #14   Apr 27, 2008 12:52 pm
mole wrote:
HI danorob, nice looking piece,

Is the front pivot wheel rubber coated?

Word on the street is the bag coupling is thicker than the oem lux bag and essco and desco are telling the dealers that these bags do not work in the Aerus/Electrolux's
,could anyone help us out with this one?

Is the machine louder than a diamond jubille,or ultralux L.X, I would imagine with the ametek/lamb motor it's a little louder.

And lastly whats the cord length,

Thanks a bunch

MOLE

Hi Mole,

Yes - One of the improvments was that all wheels on the canister and the power nozzle are now rubber coated....

The cardboard collar on the bag is slightly thicker then the lux version ,but much, much stiffier... A few people have used them in the old lux cleaers with no aparent harm - the actual bag is identical to the shape and size of the Lux "C" bags...

I think noise level is about the same as the Electrolux Marquis was...

When pulled to the red "max" mark the cord is 19.2 feet...

This message was modified Apr 27, 2008 by Danorob
mole

Reply #15   Apr 27, 2008 1:08 pm
Thanks Dan, I would say they got this machine right the first time,The turbo brush is not bad,but i believe the sidekick 1 might also work on the hose handle,though i must say sometimes the hose end and sidekick did not mate up something to do with the wire cover,The 360 hose handles have been prone to breaking right at the elbow,the oem lux hose is just a tad better on this aspect.The perfect hose i belive is marketed through perfect industrys,the bore is larger than the lux pistol grip end thus the oem handles and wirecovers wont work,just be carefull with this hose and youll be allright.......

regards

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #16   Apr 28, 2008 7:44 am
Now that there is the perfect vacuum, the only thing left is to offer a variety of colors to choose from.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Apr 28, 2008 by CarmineD
Vernon

Reply #17   Apr 28, 2008 10:13 am

CarmineD wrote:
Now that there is the perfect vacuum, the only thing left is to offer a variety of colors to choose from.

Carmine D.

Seven different colors, one for each day of the week!!
CarmineD

Reply #18   Apr 28, 2008 3:25 pm
Vernon wrote:
Seven different colors, one for each day of the week!!

Now you're talking.  And a pink version for the Susan G Komen cancer foundation.  I think you're on to something Venson.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #19   Apr 28, 2008 10:11 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Now you're talking.  And a pink version for the Susan G Komen cancer foundation.  I think you're on to something Venson.

Carmine D.

Hey! That was Vernon, not me!
CarmineD

Reply #20   Apr 29, 2008 2:34 am
Venson wrote:
Hey! That was Vernon, not me!

Sorry, Vernon and Venson.  The sight of colorful retro Lux-like vacuums obstructed my reading vision.

Which reminds me, how many of the old-timers remember when/how the rebuilders in the vacuum industry changed the color schemes on the classic vacuums of yester year?  Probably not too many still around of either: old timers and/or non-original colored rebuilt classic vacuums.  

Carmine D.

This message was modified Apr 29, 2008 by CarmineD
earthworm

Labels are for things, not man.

Reply #21   May 20, 2008 8:33 pm
A "perfect" vacuum exists not, even in outer space and certainly not in the appliance world..

But, I'd say the best is a whole house system with a decent hose, sufficient outlets, and good design...

Any takers ?

CarmineD

Reply #22   May 21, 2008 8:12 am
earthworm wrote:
A "perfect" vacuum exists not, even in outer space and certainly not in the appliance world..

But, I'd say the best is a whole house system with a decent hose, sufficient outlets, and good design...

Any takers ?

Add affordable price and I would also agree! 

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #23   May 21, 2008 12:06 pm
earthworm wrote:

The only perfect vacuum out there is the one you dont have to use..................

MOLE

Replies: 14 - 23 of 40Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42