Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Vernon

Perfect Vacuum
Original Message   Mar 31, 2008 12:42 am
Have any of you guys actually had the opportunity to see this beast ??  It looks identical to the Lux model 1521, other than no bag fill/shut off indicator.  Supposedly has a Lamb motor, but which model number??

If I'm not mistaken, it's IMG of New York that's having these made.  Did some research and it appears that IMG and Electrolux Home Care Products had a court battle over a couple of Sanitaire models. 

Vern
Replies: 1 - 10 of 40NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Lucky1

Re: Perfect Vacuum
Reply #1   Mar 31, 2008 4:28 pm
I a sales sheet on the Perfect PowerTeam C101. I don't know if it's the one you are talking about. It says 21 Century Ametek Advantek Powered Motor
Venson

Reply #2   Mar 31, 2008 5:04 pm
Hi,

I think Mole has mentioned this machine.  From what I saw online, it is indeed a Lux sans the auto shut-off.  Since there's no way to put in an easy to tend to HEPA, HEPA bag is supplied.  The price I saw was $899.00.  They're right -- this had better be a perfect vacuum.

Venson

This message was modified Mar 31, 2008 by Venson
Vernon

Reply #3   Mar 31, 2008 10:11 pm
Yes, it is the perfect power team model C101.  I'd like to know what model # of lamb motor is in it, and is it a one or two stage motor. 
mole

Reply #4   Apr 6, 2008 7:56 am
Hi Vernon,Venson,yes this machine is the 1521 housings used on the D.J. 1984 thru the ultralux claasic 1994the powernozzle is a pn5 clone housings not as good as the origional,but i really like this powernozzle just because of the way the brushroll is held in [take a pn6 or 7 apart and you will see what i;m talking about] The attachments and the hose are not oem but a very nice replacement,you still cant beat aerus/electrolux attachments,The motor is overkill for this machine,IWILL GET THE SPECS LATER TO YOU,

The problems that the dealers[vac shops] is that for years they always burned down electrolux you guys know the stories,Now all of a sudden they are selling and recomending them to their customers,[LIKE EATING CROW] 

Yes  ESSACO AND DESCO ARE DISTRIBUTING THESE MACHINES

P,S how many knock off dysons and hoovers and mieles you see? The electrolux name is the the most powerful name in vacuum cleaners,why do you think the other eureka/lux paid 50 million for it..............

mole
budmattingly

Reply #5   Apr 6, 2008 4:16 pm
This doesn't look like it has the automatic control on the front. Does it have a bag change indicator instead?
mole

Reply #6   Apr 6, 2008 7:08 pm
budmattingly wrote:
This doesn't look like it has the automatic control on the front. Does it have a bag change indicator instead?

Hi Bud, the machine has neither. Aerus/Electrolux has a lock on the automatic feature. I do like the filtrete bags though, this machine is compitition for the AERUS/electrolux classic series,they are almost the same price,
I like the metal body feature.
ON ANOTHER FORUM SOMEONE SAID THAT THE FRONT SKID PLATES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE,its not an aerus off the shelf part but if you have connections in inventory they will find it and ship to their franchised dealers............
Venson

Reply #7   Apr 12, 2008 8:28 pm
Howdy all,

I got a very pleasant surprise.  I found a brand spanking new copy of Floor Care Professional's April 2008 edition in my post office box today.  There's lots of stuff that was covered  regarding the VDTA show in Vegas and I learned that Perfect Products presented not only its Power Team canister but two uprights as well. 

To answer a prior question, per the article the canister employs an Ametek Advantek motor that is claimed to provide125 inches of water lift.  The two "new" uprights shown in the article are clones of regular and wide-path Sanitaire commercial uprights fitted with high filtration bags. 

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #8   Apr 12, 2008 9:35 pm
Thanks for the update Venson.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #9   Apr 13, 2008 7:04 am
Venson wrote:
Howdy all,

I got a very pleasant surprise.  I found a brand spanking new copy of Floor Care Professional's April 2008 edition in my post office box today.  There's lots of stuff that was covered  regarding the VDTA show in Vegas and I learned that Perfect Products presented not only its Power Team canister but two uprights as well. 

To answer a prior question, per the article the canister employs an Ametek Advantek motor that is claimed to provide125 inches of water lift.  The two "new" uprights shown in the article are clones of regular and wide-path Sanitaire commercial uprights fitted with high filtration bags. 

Best,

Venson

Hello Venson,

You are becoming an insider , i think the real professionals already know that the SANITAIRE uprights 886,887,889,899widetrack machines are and always have been the best rug cleaning machines to come down the pike,It use to go head to head against HOOVERS commercial series uprights, The machines were so closely matched that the only differences were color and prices,you know that the sanitaire design belonged to eureka,it was their commercial division,comes in two mundane colors blue and red,
The retrolux speaks for itself, still the hottest selling rebuilt vacuums on earth are metal body ELECTROLUXES,

What type of cleaner you think people want ,something that looks like a flash gordon spaceship design or something that digs dirt like no tomorrow, Function over flash thats what these 2 machines are all about,

MOLE
Danorob

Reply #10   Apr 26, 2008 4:32 pm
I picked up my "Perfect" lux Canister Relica on Wednesday, and thought I would share some pictures....

Opening the box was like going back to 1987 !!!!!

I think this is now my favorite of all the vacuums I have had .....

Let me know what you all think,

Dan

This message was modified Apr 26, 2008 by Danorob
Replies: 1 - 10 of 40NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42