Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trilobite

The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Original Message   Mar 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Allergy Banner Alt

First upright from Miele

29 February 2008

This summer, Miele will launch its first range of upright vacuum cleaners – the S7.

It will consist of about six models, all of which feature ultra large dust bags and

“a unique swivel body, which makes it easy to manoeuvre in even the trickiest

of room layouts”. According to the company,  the decision was made following

numerous requests from customers that wanted to buy Miele  but would only use

an upright model.

Text: courtesy ERTweekly.com

Picture: courtesy Miele.co.uk, 2009

Edited 21st March 2009; reason: loss of original image.

This message was modified Mar 20, 2009 by Trilobite
Replies: 236 - 245 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Reply #236   Nov 25, 2008 5:27 pm
Lucky1 wrote:

HEAVY? Yes!
Without weighing them, and due to the balance/lift points it actually seems heavier than the Synergy. I wouldn't want to be 98LBS and have to carry it up a flight....but it trundles very easily. The VERY LONG extending hose that doesn't tip the machine is VERY IMPRESSIVE. Great for stairs..... but then, you have to bring it up to clean the 2nd floor>...LOL. Unless you buy 2!

Well . . . the specs say they weigh in at 9.5 kilos.  That's around 19 pounds, maybe a little over --- right? A good deal lighter than Granny's Hoover.

On the bright side it will make up for the gym sessions you can't afford after you buy it.

Venson

PS -- Thanks for the heads-up.
This message was modified Nov 25, 2008 by Venson
Lucky1

Reply #237   Nov 25, 2008 5:33 pm
CarmineD wrote:
</p><p>If I recall correctly, you said months back that your geographic area is insulated from the bad economic conditions.   </p><p>Carmine D.

I tried to find the post you were referring to, being "insulated" from the recession. LOL as a VERY EARLY victim of the recession 3 years ago, I can say our area is AFFLUENT but def not recession proof! Note Banking and Financial services.
CarmineD

Reply #238   Nov 25, 2008 7:24 pm
Hi Lucky1:

Here is the post that led me to the conclusion I made above:

Re: Big Hit on the London Markets
Reply #90   Mar 29, 2008 10:38 am

Property taxes in my area of NY at least, are tied to an Index. This allows your evaluation to rise and/or fall but when multiplied by the index # they can get the amount of money they want to extort...err... assess from you. It's a no win situation for the Homeowner. Lower house value... higher Index to multiply by.

The only way to cut taxes is to have the powerful Civil/Police/Firefighter and Teacher Unions accept lower wages and benefits like most other Americans are experiencing....THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

YOU work for the Government now...they do not work for you. Their sense of entitlement is brazen.

In North Jersey the Governor wants small towns to group together and share overlapping services to save the Taxpayers money. They outright refuse. One town supervisor was quoted as saying "You can't do that...We would have to lay people off". GEEEZ ...What is every other Business in the US doing to help cut costs? There are Town Clerks here making $85-$125 Thou and Police making The same and Chiefs making more. These are sleepy bedroom communities.

I inferred from the above that at least in your local area everything was status quo and business as usual despite the dire economic forecasts for the months ahead. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 25, 2008 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #239   Nov 30, 2008 9:44 pm
Hi all,

Just making note of my first sighting of the Miele S7s.  The "Tango Red" model (S7580) is selling for $949.00 at one online vendors site. There's a "Bolero" model running at $899.00 and three other models at $749.00 each at the same site.  Shipping is free and of course if you buy it from an out of state vendor you will most likely not have to be saddled with sales tax.

The listings don't make clear the differences between many of the models.  I have not included a link as this is just the first actual sale site I've encountered and I also don't think Miele deserves the boost considering the prices.

Venson
This message was modified Nov 30, 2008 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #240   Dec 1, 2008 7:07 am
Hi Venson:

Thanks for the info.  Plan to see these this week.  And pick up a few dusting brushes.

Carmine D.

Actionvac

Reply #241   Dec 5, 2008 2:23 pm
Please if you buy one go to your local brick and morter store we are generally locally owned or like me my store is myself and a part timer, most like myself will eat the tax and if you need service trust me it is much better if product was purchased here
CarmineD

Reply #242   Dec 5, 2008 3:01 pm
Good advice to US consumers.  The small business owners/operators are the back bone of the US economy.  Sadly even supposedly intelligent consumers will drive past several local and neighborhood businesses to buy a product cheaper from a big box store.  When the product fails under/past warranty and needs service, then they go to their local shop owners/operators for recourse.   Then curse the store/business for trying to make a meager profit/decent wage on the repairs and parts. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 5, 2008 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #243   Dec 5, 2008 4:46 pm
Hi

Regarding the Miele American line of S7s, does anyone know the difference between the black Bolero and red Tango?  I am guessing that it is merely a matter of an extra doo-dad for cleaning up after pets,

Thanks,

Venson
Lucky1

Reply #244   Dec 5, 2008 10:32 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi<BR><BR>Regarding the Miele American line of S7s, does anyone know the difference between the black Bolero and red Tango?  I am guessing that it is merely a matter of an extra doo-dad for cleaning up after pets,<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Venson<br type="_moz"/>

I don't have my specs here but i believe it is the metallic paint job.
RAD1

Reply #245   Dec 6, 2008 11:02 am
Lucky1 wrote:
I don't have my specs here but i believe it is the metallic paint job.
Yes, Lucky is correct - metallic red paint. Everything else should be identical
Replies: 236 - 245 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42