Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > New Kenmore Canister 28014

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

New Kenmore Canister 28014
Original Message   Mar 21, 2008 3:00 pm
Hi,

I was just browsing the Sears website and discoverod a new Kenmore bagged canister.  There's been a slight but not remarkable change in body design and many features are the same -- dirt sensor, lighted wand, etc. -- but what's really different is that there's been a new spin put on the power nozzle.  I think everybody knows by now that I strongly believe in the worth of a good old bare floor tool and hate the use of power nozzles on bare floors even though use of the same has become accepted and encouraged.  Well, the new nozzle by Kenmore purports to allow you the best of both worlds.

A bare floor tool is an integral part of the new PN.  It fits on top while the nozzle is in use on rugs and can be detached for bare floor cleaning.  I'll have to get to Sears to see it in the real but this sounds like a great idea.

Link is: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02028014000P?vName=Appliances&cName=Vacuum+Cleaners+%26+Floor+Care&sName=Canister+Vacuums

Regards,

Venson

Replies: 14 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: New Kenmore Canister 28014
Reply #14   Apr 1, 2008 7:45 am
Venson:

I do vaguely recall.  Thanks

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #15   Apr 1, 2008 4:34 pm
Venson:

If this barefloor brush on the new Kenmore cann is like the old [Progressive models], it will have brush strips strategically positioned on the underside of the tool to allow maximum suction from the tool opening.  Not the full oval brush hair all around.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #16   Apr 1, 2008 6:02 pm
Hi Carmine,

Won't get to Sears 'til the weekend so I'm speaking hypothetically.  If you look at the picture showing the nozzle's outline as it fits into the top of the PN it would seem to indicate that the tool is more the standard type with the brush strip all around.  There was probably not much room for more ideas or embellishments here as the tool must snap on and off the PN part easily if its to be considered useful.  I also don't know if the neck pivots up and down only or swivels as well.

The main thing I want to learn is whether the set-up appears sturdy enough to last a while during regular use.

Best,

Venson

PS -- Pic is gone but you can check it out the Sears website.

This message was modified Apr 1, 2008 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #17   Apr 1, 2008 7:27 pm
Venson:

I thought Kenmore canns used the brush all around on their upholstery tools in lieu of having a round brush.  Plus the crevice and barefloor with the brush strips.  I could be wrong on my memory recall.

HOOVER did a similar tool and called it utility for its uprights.  Did away with the round brush and upholstery tool in favor of one utility tool.

Carmine D. 

This message was modified Apr 1, 2008 by CarmineD
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #18   Apr 1, 2008 8:08 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Venson:

I thought Kenmore canns used the brush all around on their upholstery tools in lieu of having a round brush.  Plus the crevice and barefloor with the brush strips.  I could be wrong on my memory recall.

HOOVER did a similar tool and called it utility for its uprights.  Did away with the round brush and upholstery tool in favor of one utility tool.

Carmine D. 

This is only true of some of their models.  If there was a Kenmore model with the dusting brush/upholstery tool, the brush would slide off.  HOOVERS did not slide off.  HOOVER used the brush attachment on a few of their canisters also like the Constellation and low end Celebrities and Slimlines(except TOL).
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #19   Apr 1, 2008 8:36 pm
The front of the brush slides into the top, then snaps down and locks.

I saw the Intuition last week.  See my review-

http://www.abbysguide.com/vacuum/reviews/364-0-1.html
Venson

Reply #20   Apr 1, 2008 9:32 pm
Mike_W wrote:

Thank you Mike.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #21   Apr 2, 2008 7:33 am
Mike_W wrote:

Nice review.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #22   Apr 2, 2008 12:51 pm
Mike_W wrote:
This is only true of some of their models.  If there was a Kenmore model with the dusting brush/upholstery tool, the brush would slide off. 

Venson:

Next time you see the Kenmore cann, quagomole green that sells for $140, at Sears or KMart look at the attachments: Barefloor brush and upholstery tool. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Apr 2, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #23   Sep 11, 2008 1:52 pm
The SEARS Intuition snags the top spot for canisters by Consumer Reports in October 2008.  All red grades save a Good for handling.  N-I-C-E.

Carmine D.

Replies: 14 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42