Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > NEW CAMARO/OR DODGE CHALLENGER

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

NEW CAMARO/OR DODGE CHALLENGER
Original Message   Mar 5, 2008 10:03 am
Looks like CHEVROLET is going to release the new retro CAMARO soon, I hope that the s.s package is available with the ls3 motor,. And for the dodge camp the retro challenger is out with the HEMI it's a real tuff looking ride.

These cars should bring excitement back to the world of muscle cars.

Who cares about vacuum cleaners...........

MOLE

Replies: 9 - 18 of 63Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
MrApollinax

Re: NEW CAMARO/OR DODGE CHALLENGER
Reply #9   Mar 5, 2008 3:14 pm
<BR> CarmineD wrote:
My friend:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;What does it say about the Charger? &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Carmine D.<BR>
<BR>This generation of the Charger is a limited edition vehicle. It is a design concept that is paired with the SRT8 line of vehicles that have already been released. I would compare this to Shelby or Rouch versions of Ford's Mustangs.
This message was modified Mar 5, 2008 by MrApollinax
mole

Reply #10   Mar 5, 2008 4:25 pm
Yes these are very limited in terms of production,Chrysler has already sold out,and the camaro is on a buy first then build basis.These cars are becoming collector items off the showroom floor.I personally own an SLP/S.S ls1 camaro,loaded with all the slp options.No it's not for sale yet.The roush/saleen mustangs are beautiful,just try and buy a shelby mustang[they are going for over 100 grand.

H.S. have you seen the blue devil corvette yet. OVER 650h.p. what a car.

MOLE

HARDSELL

Reply #11   Mar 5, 2008 4:59 pm
mole wrote:
Yes these are very limited in terms of production,Chrysler has already sold out,and the camaro is on a buy first then build basis.These cars are becoming collector items off the showroom floor.I personally own an SLP/S.S ls1 camaro,loaded with all the slp options.No it's not for sale yet.The roush/saleen mustangs are beautiful,just try and buy a shelby mustang[they are going for over 100 grand.

H.S. have you seen the blue devil corvette yet. OVER 650h.p. what a car.

MOLE

I actually have not paid attention to this vette.

I never was a vette fan until about 3 years ago.  They probably offer more performance / $ ratio than anything currently available.

Just

Reply #12   Mar 5, 2008 5:27 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
Wonder how their SUV that gets 35 MPH is going?.....Yes I know there is no such thing....but there should be before they offer another 18 mph car. Makes you wonder if there is ANYONE who gets what's really going on in the US, in American Corporations!!!! Maybe the CEO's need to pay themselves even more money to actually LEAD a company...

Lucky,

My SUV will do 35 Miles Per Hour (MPH) quite easily.   Now If I were to try to get that many Miles Per Gallon (MPG) it would be a difficult task, but if the hill were tall enough I could coast for a bit and achieve it.

Mole and HS.

I know my father has been turning in his grave becaue he was a die hard bow tie man, but I have always loved the Mopar muscle.  I'd take the Challenger anytime.  I like the yellow "Vanishing Point" color.  I figure if I get Daddy's still going again I can make enough hooch to power it as a flex-fule.    I am a little concerned about the life expectancy of Chrysler LLC. , at the rate they are hemorraging money they might not be around to honor my warranty.  I don't think they can even beg Lee to come back and save them a second or thirtieth time, so they had better find them a cash cow soon.

Carmine,

You did read it correctly Chrysler is dropping the Magnum (wagon) which was called the Magnum Charger for a while,  as well as the Pacifica. They have or are just introducing a new mid size "crossover" to replace Pacifica.    The Pacifica, though a nicely engineered car never found it's place in the market.  Motor Trend magazine called it "The answer to a question no one asked."  On the Jeep side of Chrysler (my loves) are dropping that God-awful Commander.  Which to quote Motor Trend again "It looks like the box the Grand Cherokee came in."  In the next redesign the Grand is supposed to get third row seating and the Commander will go to that great junk yard in the sky.   They are also going to drop some of those bastardized SUVs, namely the Patriot and Compass thus to stay the dillution of the Jeep gene pool.  I believe I heard Dodge will still market these crossovers, but at least it won't be under the Jeep badge.

Now to stay on the subject of vacuums.  I carry my vacuums in the back of my Chrysler made Jeep SUV, except mine is a Diamler-Chrysler model.

This message was modified Mar 5, 2008 by Just
CarmineD

Reply #13   Mar 5, 2008 6:02 pm
Just wrote:

Carmine,

You did read it correctly Chrysler is dropping the Magnum (wagon) which was called the Magnum Charger for a while,  as well as the Pacifica. They have or are just introducing a new mid size "crossover" to replace Pacifica.    The Pacifica, though a nicely engineered car never found it's place in the market. 

Just:

Sounds reasonable.  I went to the latest Consumer Reports, April, 2008, the Annual Auto edition.  It says on page 50 that Chrysler will discontinue the Pacifica in 2008.   On page 51 for the Dodge Challenger it says that it is based on th Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger twins and retro-styled like the original Challenger and the Dodge Charger is still in production and recommended by CR.  CR also says that the Challenger will compete with the Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro, reviving the muscle car era of the 60's and 70's.

Thanks for the clarification.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #14   Mar 6, 2008 9:14 am
Hi Carmine,JUST, H.S.

Is the auto indutry in trouble because of poor quality products,out sourceing,the work force,lack of interest,foreign competiton,And the government involvement.

As mister apolonex says , IT makes you really wonder who's running the ship, and what are they thinking......

MOLE

Just

Reply #15   Mar 6, 2008 11:45 am
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine,JUST, H.S.

Is the auto indutry in trouble because of poor quality products,out sourceing,the work force,lack of interest,foreign competiton,And the government involvement.

As mister apolonex says , IT makes you really wonder who's running the ship, and what are they thinking......

MOLE

Mole,

The trouble of the auto industry could also be poor management, lack of planning, and pure arrogance.  Now that The General is getting a taste of humility they are coming out with some outstanding cars i.e. Malibu, Cadillac CTS (Motor Trends Car of the Year).  Quality is coming up, but is it too late?

On the Chrysler side of town, Daimler poorly managed Chrysler.  They went for the quick pay off, big engine 'Out Hemi the Bastards" mentality, and once the fuel crisis started to be felt they lost their foothold.  --AGAIN.  Daimler also dilluted the brand by offering the same vehicle under each badge, thus leaving nothing unique about visiting a Jeep dealership over a Chrysler lot.  The Mini-van generation is aging now, and the SUV is too gas hungry for the current market.  Though it doesn't look like the oil situation will ever improve with China sucking up almost as much as the U.S. now; alternative fuels are needed and hybrid technologh is only a stop-gap measure. 

Now on to Poor Ford, what was said about GM can be tripple-doubled with them.  ARROGANCE!!!  Henry II almost single handedly began the "Japaneese Invasion" of the 70's.  When then President of Ford, Lee A. Iaococca, made a deal with Honda Motors to use their drive train in the Pinto, Henry II vetoed the plan and said "There will never be  Jap engine under the hood of a Ford Motor Company Car."  With the deal broken, Honda immediately flooded the U.S. Market with the Civic and the rest is history. 

When emission and saftey standards are set, the Germans, the Japaneese, and now the Koreans run home and try to figure out how to meet the standards in most cost effective and efficient manner.  The now little three G.M., Ford and Chrysler goes home crying and hires their lawyers to try to figure out how to stall the regulations.  We are again seeing this with the CAFE. 

American's can build a good quality, reliable car.  They are doing it right now in the Toyota, Huyndai, Honda plants.  These aren't outsorced workers, these are American Unionized workers producing a quality vehicle under good managements.  This in my opinion, and i have a lot of them is how the Big three hopes to survive, get rid of the good ole boy attitude, and look at quality, and reliability first--profits will come later.

This message was modified Mar 6, 2008 by Just
CarmineD

Reply #16   Mar 6, 2008 3:08 pm
Just wrote:
Mole,

The trouble of the auto industry could also be poor management, lack of planning, and pure arrogance.  Now that The General is getting a taste of humility they are coming out with some outstanding cars i.e. Malibu, Cadillac CTS (Motor Trends Car of the Year).  Quality is coming up, but is it too late?

On the Chrysler side of town, Daimler poorly managed Chrysler.  They went for the quick pay off, big engine 'Out Hemi the Bastards" mentality, and once the fuel crisis started to be felt they lost their foothold.  --AGAIN.  Daimler also dilluted the brand by offering the same vehicle under each badge, thus leaving nothing unique about visiting a Jeep dealership over a Chrysler lot.  The Mini-van generation is aging now, and the SUV is too gas hungry for the current market.  Though it doesn't look like the oil situation will ever improve with China sucking up almost as much as the U.S. now; alternative fuels are needed and hybrid technologh is only a stop-gap measure. 

Now on to Poor Ford, what was said about GM can be tripple-doubled with them.  ARROGANCE!!!  Henry II almost single handedly began the "Japaneese Invasion" of the 70's.  When then President of Ford, Lee A. Iaococca, made a deal with Honda Motors to use their drive train in the Pinto, Henry II vetoed the plan and said "There will never be  Jap engine under the hood of a Ford Motor Company Car."  With the deal broken, Honda immediately flooded the U.S. Market with the Civic and the rest is history. 

When emission and saftey standards are set, the Germans, the Japaneese, and now the Koreans run home and try to figure out how to meet the standards in most cost effective and efficient manner.  The now little three G.M., Ford and Chrysler goes home crying and hires their lawyers to try to figure out how to stall the regulations.  We are again seeing this with the CAFE. 

American's can build a good quality, reliable car.  They are doing it right now in the Toyota, Huyndai, Honda plants.  These aren't outsorced workers, these are American Unionized workers producing a quality vehicle under good managements.  This in my opinion, and i have a lot of them is how the Big three hopes to survive, get rid of the good ole boy attitude, and look at quality, and reliability first--profits will come later.

Just, Mole:

I have to agree. 

Went to COSTCO today to get the nitro checked in my Explorer's Michelin tires.  Went in to look at the vauums.  Dysons on the way out.  The DC14 Exclusive stock was shipped out.  Not sure where.  Possibly back to dyson for credit due to non-sales?  Haven't been able to confirm with a manager. 

The DC18 is still left with the 3 extra tools on sale for $399 [buried on a shelf].  This is $100 below MSRP and $70 below the COSTCO regular price.  Clearance.  Wal*Mart has the same model fro $499 put giving a $100 Giftcard with purchase.  Left for sale: BISSELL HEALTHY HOME.  HOOVER Elite Rewind [End cap].  HOOVER WT-2 [End cap].   IRobot Rhombas.  Entire line.  Eureka Smart Vac bagged.  Lux Pronto stick vac..

COSTCO customers average $70K plus per year.  The highest for the price club, warehouse type discounters.  

BTW, I prefer the nitro to the air in my tires.  Better ride.  Less maintenance.  COSTCO does it free because I purchased the tires there.  Some dealers are making the switch over to nitro from air but charge for the nitro if you are not a customer.  Anywhere from $25 to $75 for 4 tires of nitro.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 6, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #17   Mar 6, 2008 6:06 pm
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine,JUST, H.S.

MOLE

To expand on Just's comments abit:  GM has the issue with the 8 brand overlap.  It's racking up billions in losses despite a 3 year restructuring, is faced with a recessionary US economy, and reported a drop in Feb 2008 sales and is still not ready to predict when it will return to profitability.  And suffers from an age-old production problem of having multiple divisions that compete against each other both for customer sales and marketing budget.

For example: GM has 4 mass market mid size sedans: The Chevy Malibu [topseller]; Buick LaCrosse; Pontiac G6; And Saturn Aura.  In 2007 the Aura was named car of the year at the North American Car Show in Detroit.  Now with the Malibu in full swing, Saturn dealers are struggling to to move the Aura. In some parts of the country dealers are offering rebates and zero financing.  Pontiac could run into the same problem later this year when it introe's the new rear wheel drive G8 [probably Pontiac's most important launch since 2004].

Chevy and Cadillac get the bulk of the marketing dollars.  If others show favor, they get some.

GM has cut $9 BILLION in fixed yearly costs since 2005.  Shed a 1/3 of its high paid unionized employees, closed several plants and improved its cars quality, performance and handling.

But GM can't rev up sales in all 8 brands until it slims down product lines.  Look at its crossovers [lighter and fuel efficient SUV's].  In 2007 GM intro'ed the Saturn Outlook; the GMC Arcadia [which is identical] and the Buick Enclave.  The Arcadia and Enclave were hits, the Outlook sales were lackluster. Customers chose the Arcadia over the Outlook although the GMC model is $2000 more.  Now Chevy will intro the Traverse [a nearly identical crossover to the Outlook] in October which will further crimp Outlook sales.  And most GM dealers nationwide carry all 3 brands Buick, Pontiac and GMC.

Carmine D. 

HARDSELL

Reply #18   Mar 6, 2008 8:33 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Just, Mole:

I have to agree. 

Went to COSTCO today to get the nitro checked in my Explorer's Michelin tires.  Went in to look at the vauums.  Dysons on the way out.  The DC14 Exclusive stock was shipped out.  Not sure where.  Possibly back to dyson for credit due to non-sales?  Haven't been able to confirm with a manager. 

The DC18 is still left with the 3 extra tools on sale for $399 [buried on a shelf].  This is $100 below MSRP and $70 below the COSTCO regular price.  Clearance.  Wal*Mart has the same model fro $499 put giving a $100 Giftcard with purchase.  Left for sale: BISSELL HEALTHY HOME.  HOOVER Elite Rewind [End cap].  HOOVER WT-2 [End cap].   IRobot Rhombas.  Entire line.  Eureka Smart Vac bagged.  Lux Pronto stick vac..

COSTCO customers average $70K plus per year.  The highest for the price club, warehouse type discounters.  

BTW, I prefer the nitro to the air in my tires.  Better ride.  Less maintenance.  COSTCO does it free because I purchased the tires there.  Some dealers are making the switch over to nitro from air but charge for the nitro if you are not a customer.  Anywhere from $25 to $75 for 4 tires of nitro.

Carmine D.

Carmine,  thanks again for nore useless info from the dumbest SOB to ever post.

If your brain was transplanted to a hummingbird he would suck a horses ass for a morning glory.

This will get me kicked off for sure.  It is worth it to get to say what I think about this $#%*.

Replies: 9 - 18 of 63Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42