Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Consumer Reports - March 2008

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Consumer Reports - March 2008
Original Message   Jan 31, 2008 6:47 pm
Some observations -

• Oreck is conspicuously missing from the upright ratings.
  • Panasonic has a new AeroBlast for $700 is a apparently a poor copy of a Dyson that burps loudly when it reverses the air flow to clean the filter.   Why would anyone pay so much for a Dyson copy, particularly when the filter clogs with fine dust?
  • Hoover's fall from grace is noted, presumably due to their ill conceived bagless vacuums.  Hoover now has the worst reliability of the uprights.  Dyson is second only to Kirby in the reliability rankings.   
  • For uprights, Kenmore takes the top 2 spots (bagged and bagless), followed by the Riccar SupraLite RSL3, the Electrolux Oxygen EL5035A, and the Kirby Sentria.  
  • The Halo is #33 on the list for uprights. 
  • The $60 Hoover Tempo Widepath has a better tool airflow score than the Dyson DC17 as well as better carpet cleaning scores. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 160 - 169 of 216Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Consumer Reports - March 2008
Reply #160   Mar 1, 2008 4:02 pm
Motorhead wrote:
Carmine, once again, Consumer Reports does not make one bit of difference.  No one will believe what the magazine says as opposed to what their friend who owns the machine says.  Consumer Reports is not a valid testing organization.  What they are is a communist front organization more suited for Red China than for the United States.  Despite the lies from CR, the DC07 is still enjoying enormous popularity due to simple word of mouth.  Again, if you are a consumer who needs a new vacuum, who are you going to believe, a magazine or your friend?

Shades of Tom Gasko and his Communist Reports moniker for CR. 

BTW, the latest Consumer Reports edition is the annual auto magazine.  Did you get yours yet?  You mentioned that you are a subscriber and have been for a number of years.

Like I said, I believe the facts after receiving and reading all the input.  Including my dear sister who loves her 3 year old plus HOOVER Tempo.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #161   Mar 1, 2008 4:07 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Dyson is alive and well on WM site.  More 5 *'s than Hoover.

What do you smoke?

My friend:

I am not avoiding you, just responding to Tom Gasko and Jim B.  Or whoever they are now on this Forum.

On a scale from 1 to 10, 5 is below average.

I am a non-smoker.  Never took up the nasty filthy habit.  One of the reasons I am enjoying a long life I'm sure much to the chagrin of many dyson fans who thought I would be dead before dyson. 

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #162   Mar 1, 2008 4:27 pm
Motorhead wrote:
Hi Venson,

Mole is giving you pricing information for *bojack* Dyson parts.  Genuine Dyson parts are sold only to independent Dyson dealers.  Any part number that starts out DYR means Dyson Replacement or non-genuine Dyson parts.  For example, a genuine Dyson clutch costs $19.36 and has 2 belts included.  Mole is selling non-genuine parts, and yet if you think he's telling customers that the new clutch he put on their DC07 is bojack, you're mistaken.  The lies and jealousy among "industry insiders" is staggering.  Dyson does not supply retail prices to their independent service centers.  They do not even have suggested repair costs.  Independent Dyson dealers are free to set their own repair costs.  ESSCO had a line of bojack Dyson parts made up (in China of course) because Dyson will not sell genuine repair parts to wholesalers, only to *authorized* independent service centers.  I have heard this from a number of sources. 

I feel sorry for the customer who goes into Mole's repair shop and is told they are being sold genuine Dyson parts when they are not.

-MH

In your haste to inform the  public about the replacement parts being BOJACK,these parts are licensed by dyson to be manufactured,distributed, and installed in dyson products and carry the same warranty criteria.These parts are the same in every way except for name stamped on them, and maybe the color.Shall we talk about where the filters come from.B.T.W. the average consumer can figure out that if an authorized dealer is servicing their machine they charge dealer prices,and labor charges.

What do your vacuum store buddies charge for a non authorized,bojack ,china made replacement motor for a miele red star?You and i both know these are made in the same factory by the same people. ESSCO and BUCKEYE still have the dyson parts in stock,and probally have more parts than all the dyson dealers in the country put together.

Hello Venson, P.M me and ill run through the whole thing for you.

MOLE

p.s. fat  kids are harder to kidnap....................

HARDSELL

Reply #163   Mar 1, 2008 4:55 pm
CarmineD wrote:
MH:

That's certainly more than 2 cents worth.  But I appreciate the response on behalf of your favorite brand dyson and my dear friend HARDSELL. 

Let me deal first and now with the part I excerpted only:

Mohawk is not the carpet maker.  It is my home carpet maker.  Other home buyers may have chosen other brands.  Amenities on the homes like flooring and carpeting are customized according to the home buyers [at least when I bought].  I can provide you the carpet maker which voids its warranty if dysons are used, if you like.  And you can call/research.  It is very well known.  If fact, the good gentleman I quoted in my above post, Jim B., is well aware of the fact and will corroborate it.

The purpose of these monthly builder-contractor meetings [the one my dear Wife and I attended was September 20, 2006 about 3 weeks after purchasing the DC07 pink] is to educate buyers and residents on the new homes [which range now with the depressed housing market for $250,000 to $450,000 plus] about the best  products and ways to prolong the life and usage of their homes.  And ensure the homes are maintained properly and keep their value.  The meetings are still ongoing.  So the messages are repeated in each session.  Floors and rugs are an integral part of the value of the homes.  The builder and the sub contractor warn, and continue to, against the use of dysons on the rugs. 

I will address other points which I take issues in future posts as the time and space permits.

Carmine D.

In post # 135 you tried to lead this moron ot believe that 3000 homes in your community had carpet like yours.  Now you tell us that others hav echosen a different carpet.

There has never been any doubt that you lie to suit your argument.

mole

Reply #164   Mar 1, 2008 5:13 pm
CarmineD wrote:
What are the differences between the main line Chinese made dyson replacement parts and the malaysian [read south east China] genuine dyson parts save the name printed on the latter?

Carmine D

Carmine,do you really believe that the bojack parts are different from the oem parts,you know better they are the same pieces,

Heres a little inside info you, how come genuine kirby bags say made in proc on the bag with the genuine kirby trademark.......

mole

mole

Reply #165   Mar 1, 2008 5:48 pm
Motorhead wrote:
Hi Venson,

I feel sorry for the customer who goes into Mole's repair shop and is told they are being sold genuine Dyson parts when they are not.

-MH

How do you know what we tell our customers? Did you ever work here?.Does Andy let you wait on the customers anymore?[Oh I know yourNOT in the vacuum business are you].WHOS LYING NOW TOM.

MOLE

Motorhead

Reply #166   Mar 1, 2008 6:06 pm
CarmineD wrote:
On a scale from 1 to 10, 5 is below average.

When was the last time you heard a hotel or restaurant being rated 10 stars?  That's not how that system works, come on now.  5 stars is excellent.
HARDSELL

Reply #167   Mar 1, 2008 6:22 pm
Motorhead wrote:
When was the last time you heard a hotel or restaurant being rated 10 stars?  That's not how that system works, come on now.  5 stars is excellent.

How could 5 be below average?  It would depend on how many items are rated as a 5.

example:

10 items tested

5 are rated 5

2 are rated 7

1 is rated 2

2 are rated 3

5 is average

Of coures this does not fit into Carmine's deceitful thinking.

CarmineD

Reply #168   Mar 1, 2008 6:23 pm
mole wrote:
Carmine,do you really believe that the bojack parts are different from the oem parts,you know better they are the same pieces,

Heres a little inside info you, how come genuine kirby bags say made in proc on the bag with the genuine kirby trademark.......

mole

Hello Mole:

We know that in many instances the replacements are as good if not better than the genuine.  Why?  The vacuum parts makers and suppliers have to compete for the business.  How? With both price and quality.  You provided a good example, the Kirby bags.  In many cases, the makers for the genuine and replacement parts are the same.  Didn't Tom's signature dyson DC07 have a $59 panasonic motor for years?

Carmine D. 

CarmineD

Reply #169   Mar 1, 2008 6:34 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
In post # 135 you tried to lead this moron ot believe that 3000 homes in your community had carpet like yours.  Now you tell us that others hav echosen a different carpet.

There has never been any doubt that you lie to suit your argument.

My friend:

Thank you.  Let me clarify since this has confused you, Tom and Jim B or whoever they call themselves now.  Universal is the carpet maker which voids its warranty if dysons are used.  I can provide the location, Web Site and telephone number.  Mohawk is the brand name of the carpet and my brand for both carpet and flooring.  Universal supplies carpets to all major carpet brands including Mohawk.   

BTW, I did mention that RCWilley, the largest retailer of appliances, rugs, electronics, and furniture west of the Mississippi, provides HOOVER TEMPO vacuums with all rug and carpet sales over $1000.  RCWilley sells HOOVER, BISSELL, and dyson vacuums.  The sales staff in the rug and appliance departments advise customers against dyson vacuums when dysons will not work on the carpets it sells.  Dyson is the only brand vacuum it disclaims.

Carmine D. 

Replies: 160 - 169 of 216Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42