Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Original Message   Jan 17, 2008 3:54 pm
Replies: 497 - 506 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Reply #497   May 29, 2009 6:08 pm
Hi again Model2:

As I said to HS, he and others here are brainwashed by dyson propaganda.  As I said too, you can't compare HOOVER USA to dyson USA.  Probably true for the UK.  HOOVER is a mainstream floorcare product seller.  It's understandable that it has a mature, full, and complete product line for all manner of household and commercial vacuums and floorcare products.  Dyson is a niche vacuum seller.  It's efforts toward wanna be mainstream are futile and laughable.  Dyson is high priced bagless only, period.  End of the story. 

Carmine D.

Model2

~ It Beats...as it Sweeps...as it Cleans ~

Reply #498   May 29, 2009 6:54 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi again Model2:

As I said to HS, he and others here are brainwashed by dyson propaganda.  As I said too, you can't compare HOOVER USA to dyson USA.  Probably true for the UK.  HOOVER is a mainstream floorcare product seller.  It's understandable that it has a mature, full, and complete product line for all manner of household and commercial vacuums and floorcare products.  Dyson is a niche vacuum seller.  It's efforts toward wanna be mainstream are futile and laughable.  Dyson is high priced bagless only, period.  End of the story. 

Carmine D.

That doesn't exactly answer my question...forget the comparison with Hoover for a moment. And whether people are brainwashed or not is a matter of opinion, it has nothing to do with what I asked.

You speculate that your perception of Dyson's position within the US market is 'probably true for the UK'. To enlighten on this issue, you might be interested to hear that in unit sales, the current market leader is Vax (a TTI-owned company, of course!), followed by Dyson, followed by Hoover, Electrolux and Bissell, who fight for third place. Dyson are the number one brand in sales-value, the DC14 being their biggest-selling model. Dyson actually outsell Hoover here, despite Hoover offering seemingly-similar technology at a lower price. I can't say this more plainly: Dyson are every bit as mainstream as Hoover in the UK. To quote a friend who is a senior-level employee at one of the companies mentioned above - 'Our biggest obstacle is that people don't go into stores asking, 'which cleaner should I buy? They go in asking, 'which Dyson?'. This never becomes clearer in my street than on Saturday mornings, when all the neighbours are out on their driveways, cleaning their cars - almost every house has a Dyson. Sebo, Miele, Dyson...they're all priced roughly the same here, and generally under £300. A niche product here would be the TOL Miele S7, for £375,  the Oreck XL21, for £420, or the Kirby Sentria, for £1600+

If Dyson have become the mainstream benchmark in the UK, why shouldn't they do so in the US? A company facing financial ruin and extinction would not be pouring money into R&D for expansion into a new, more diverse product range, and yet I currently count seven non-vacuum cleaner appliances which Dyson are currently developing.

This message was modified May 30, 2009 by Model2

~ However Clean - Hoover Cleaner ~
HARDSELL

Reply #499   May 29, 2009 7:53 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi again Model2:

Carmine D.

You are the brainwashed one.  I know how you must hate to tell us why Hoover went belly up.

Dyson did it to them.  You know.  The manufacturer that introduced numerous models in an attempt to stay afloat. Each time a new model was introduced (about every 30 days) you predicted that it would be the demise of Dyson.  You also said that VAX and others were stealing sales at BB and that Dyson was doomed.  I still see the bid D in all stores as I have for years.

Dyson is not the only manufacturer to suffer in these poor economic conditions, however, they survived the good times which can't be said for Hoover.

I will now respond to your follow up in advance of reading it.  Hoover is not alive and well.  Only the name remains. It ain't Hoover that you hawked for years. 

You speak of niche vacuums.  What the heck is Oreck?  An electric broom favored by the weak and elderly. Also recall that each time a fault is found you try to dismiss the fault because it is not a full sized vacuum.  That makes it a wannabe and alnost toy like.  Maybe that is why it can't handle baking soda.

Dyson kicked you in the peanuts as a consultant and then kicked your recommended brand.  No wonder you hate them so badly. 

Maybe you and hoover should have worn a cup.  Oh, I almost forgot.  You and hoover did not have cups back then, only bags.

CarmineD

Reply #500   May 30, 2009 6:46 am
Hello Model2, and HS:

I answered both your questions several times.  You don't accept/understand my answers.  Why?  You're brainwashed by your favorite company's dyson bagless bin propaganda. 

Propaganda is a matter of fact.  It's documented by dyson's legacy in the USA.  The idiosy of a clutch.  Sub par, sub standard brush roll.  Floating head farce.  DC07's use of an old inexpensive one fan Panasonic motor.  Used simultaneously in Pano's cheapest upright for $60.   Dyson mantra: Doesn't loose suction, doesn't clog.  Ball technology is laughable nonsense in the vacuum industry.

Dyson has to recreate itself as a niche vacuum seller [strictly high priced bagless].  Divest itself of all non-vacuum products. Downsize markets and employees.  Retrench by cutting irrelevant and unprofitable R & D on products that lose money in the market place or like the DDM DC22 never sell in all markets..   Else like its falling vacuum market share in the UK, risk inevitable extinction and obsolescense.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #501   May 30, 2009 7:18 am
PS for HARDSELL primarily and on the margin for MODEL2:

You can't compare dyson to ORECK as niche sellers.  Why?  ORECKS are sold primarily through a network of ORECK stores nationwide.  By last count over 500.  Opening more all the time, despite the economy.  And also sold through independent vacuum stores.   Dyson'ssales venue has always been primarily big box store retailers.  Big box retailers are another dying breed in the current economic tsunami:  i.e. Circuit City, Linens-N-Things.  Who knows which others bellying up in the months to come.

A note on an unrelated industry but a product of teh times: FAO Schwartz [100 year history as a niche toy seller of high end quality toys like Steiff stuff animals] bought out by Toys R US, a main stream toy seller.  KB toys went belly up even before the Christmas 2008 Season.  

Carmine D.

Model2

~ It Beats...as it Sweeps...as it Cleans ~

Reply #502   May 30, 2009 7:48 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Model2, and HS:

I answered both your questions several times.  You don't accept/understand my answers.  Why?  You're brainwashed by your favorite company's dyson bagless bin propaganda. 

Propaganda is a matter of fact.  It's documented by dyson's legacy in the USA.  The idiosy of a clutch.  Sub par, sub standard brush roll.  Floating head farce.  DC07's use of an old inexpensive one fan Panasonic motor.  Used simultaneously in Pano's cheapest upright for $60.   Dyson mantra: Doesn't loose suction, doesn't clog.  Ball technology is laughable nonsense in the vacuum industry.

Dyson has to recreate itself as a niche vacuum seller [strictly high priced bagless].  Divest itself of all non-vacuum products. Downsize markets and employees.  Retrench by cutting irrelevant and unprofitable R & D on products that lose money in the market place or like the DDM DC22 never sell in all markets..   Else like its falling vacuum market share in the UK, risk inevitable extinction and obsolescense.

Carmine D.

There you go - yet again - with your whole 'brainwashed by your favourite company' joke. It's rather a feeble attempt at humour that wasn't funny to begin with. Now it's just tiring, like watching the same bad sitcom episode again and again. Without the canned laughter. You know absolutely nothing about me - after all, why should you care? But your claim is particularly ironic considering which vacuum company I'm currently working with - it's certainly not Dyson, so the joke's on you!! Why is it you can't enter into a simple discussion without turning nasty when someone questions your thinking? I've read your contributions to the Vacweb forum, and you used to provide a lot of very interesting insight before you embarked on this campaign against Dyson, which seems to make up the entirety of your contribution nowadays.
This message was modified May 30, 2009 by Model2

~ However Clean - Hoover Cleaner ~
CarmineD

Reply #503   May 30, 2009 8:48 am
M00seUK wrote:
What would be advantageous from a marketing point of view, is that a small, inexpensive 'starter' cube would be an ideal gift item, while providing a great opportunity to sell further appliance cubes to the recipient as time goes by. Say a person receives a 'kettle cube' as a gift, if they begin to appreciate its benefits, there would be great temptation to add a 'toaster cube' to it, to reclaim another power-point and the worktop space. Clearly, they'd be paying a slight premium for the added convenience aspect, yet the 'toaster cube' needn't cost much more to manufacture than one of those budget toasters - which represents a really attractive business prospect.

I'm surprised to hear that the Dyson washing machine might well get another launch in the near future. James Dyson admitted in an interview recently that while the basic premise was sound, they were incredibly arrogant in what they though people would pay for it and the huge costs involved with becoming established in this established market. Both points they overcame with the vacuum cleaners, but the false confidence was to cost them dear... at least to date.

Hello M00seUK:

Interestingly, the latest HOME SHOW currently being held in Las Vegas features these 'kitchen cubes' and is attracting alot of consumer interest.   Most of them too have been designed by students which adds to the attraction.

I agree with your assessment and opinions of the dyson contra rotating washer.  Not dyson's finest hour as a product invention and/or business venture.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #504   May 30, 2009 9:43 am
CarmineD wrote:
PS for HARDSELL primarily and on the margin for MODEL2:

You can't compare dyson to ORECK as niche sellers.  Why?  ORECKS are sold primarily through a network of ORECK stores nationwide.  By last count over 500.  Opening more all the time, despite the economy.  And also sold through independent vacuum stores.   Dyson'ssales venue has always been primarily big box store retailers.  Big box retailers are another dying breed in the current economic tsunami:  i.e. Circuit City, Linens-N-Things.  Who knows which others bellying up in the months to come.

A note on an unrelated industry but a product of teh times: FAO Schwartz [100 year history as a niche toy seller of high end quality toys like Steiff stuff animals] bought out by Toys R US, a main stream toy seller.  KB toys went belly up even before the Christmas 2008 Season.  

Carmine D.

Actually I have to agree that Dyson and Oreck should not be compared as niche vacs. Although you are calling the wrong one a niche vac.

Oreck does not qualify as a full sized industry standard vac.  Dyson does. 

Oreck brush can't be turned off.  Dyson can.

Oreck includes a gimmick gift so that they can justify a high price for obsolete technology with cheap parts. Dyson does not.

Orecks strong point is being light weight and is marketed to the elderly and weaker users.  Dyson is marketed to all users.

Oreck is sold only through exclusively Oreck stores (BIG NICHE). Dyson is not.

I could go on with reasons to show Oreck as a niche and Dyson as a standard, however, you should get the point.

BTW, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CONTINUES TO MAKE ALL THE COMPARISONS IN AN ATTEMPT TO TWIST THE TRUTH ABOUT A SIMPLE QUESTION THAT I ASKED.

HARDSELL

Reply #505   May 30, 2009 9:45 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Model2, and HS:

Carmine D.

A lot of twisted BS to avoid answering my simple question.

HankJones

Reply #506   May 30, 2009 11:02 am
Oreck and Hoover were the 2 companies in upright vacuum market to gain market share.  All others including Dyson lost market share last year.

Hoover gained double digit market share in the extraction market.

Replies: 497 - 506 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42