Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Original Message   Jan 17, 2008 3:54 pm
Replies: 201 - 210 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Reply #201   Mar 20, 2008 3:43 pm
Motorhead wrote:
Carmine, while you constantly bash (there goes that word again!) the sales figures of the Dyson that are otherwise impressive to myself and most others here, you also give us NOTHING to compare them to.  Where are the Hoover sales figures for 2007?  What about Eureka/Electrolux, or better yet, Oreck?  I'd like to see how those compare.

Electrolux sold 3 million Model 30s TOTAL from 1937-1954 (excluding the WWII years of course).  That having been said, averaging 3 million machines PER YEAR is quite an accomplishment on Dyson's part, and is hardly anything to sneeze at.

I don't understand the relevance to the wheelbarrow, but I will say that IF Dyson were to make the Ballbarrow again, they would probably do quite well as it was a successful product at the time.  But, as I mentioned earlier, Dyson has some damn good "wheelbarrows" already, just read the customer reviews talking about the "bushels" of dirt removed from their carpets

-MH

I did not post/boast of any manufactuers' vacuum sales.  Why should

I have to defend them?  Why should I compare dyson sales to any brand's numbers?

I responded to DIB post [not you] who did boast and post about dyson's annual sales. 

I asked DIB why he thinks $1.2 B in annual sales is worthy of boasting about.

I'm not sure the $1.2 B is accurate, valid and/or correct. 

I don't know what year[s] it is for.  If it is even for more than one year.  Or dyson's best?

What/who is the source of the number?  DIB as far as I know.

I used DIB's number as a talking point to make a point.  You chimed in.  Are you DIB? 

You may think 2-3 Million worldwide units is "nothing to sneeze at."   But what did it cost

dyson to produce and sell the 2-3 million new dysons?  Do you know?  Does DIB know?

Do you think that is an important piece of information to know if one is quoting the annual dollar

sales? 

Let's say for talking purposes that it cost dyson $2 Billion dollars to make and sell

the $1.2 B in dysons?  Would you still say 2-3 M dysons is nothing to sneeze at? 

WRT wheel barrows:  My statement is clear.  My sense is that their annual sales

are more lucrative than vacuums.  Do you want to disagree?  

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 20, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #202   Mar 20, 2008 4:09 pm
Motorhead wrote:

Electrolux sold 3 million Model 30s TOTAL from 1937-1954 (excluding the WWII years of course).  That having been said, averaging 3 million machines PER YEAR is quite an accomplishment on Dyson's part, and is hardly anything to sneeze at.

-MH

Electrolux also made and sold the Model 12 [1930-1937]; the model 60 [1952-1955];

and the Model E [1954-1956].  Since the yearly number of all dyson models sold is

the number used, then should you also include these sales numbers too?

Carmine D.

Motorhead

Reply #203   Mar 20, 2008 4:43 pm
You haven't answered my question.  What are the yearly sales figures for Hoover, Eureka, and Oreck?  Surely you must know *those* since you know so much about Dyson sales.  Concerning Dyson sales in America alone, that is more along the lines of 4 million.  Worldwide is approximately 25 million annually, hard to believe but VERY MUCH true.  In the UK, 70% of households use Dysons, while Miele occupies 10% of the remainder.  The other brands must try to occupy the remaining 20%, and that's just the UK market alone.  No matter where in the world you go, there you are, and so is the Dyson.

In another 10 years, Dysons will be everywhere here just like they are across the pond right now...over 30% of all households in America will have them.  Unlike some (Hoover Tempo/WT for example), no one will throw a Dyson in the trash can.  Instead, if something does go wrong, they will take it in for service, provided the customer isn't a complete and total moron of course

-MH
This message was modified Mar 20, 2008 by Motorhead
CarmineD

Reply #204   Mar 20, 2008 6:10 pm
Motorhead wrote:
Concerning Dyson sales in America alone, that is more along the lines of 4 million.  Worldwide is approximately 25 million annually, hard to believe but VERY MUCH true.  In the UK, 70% of households use Dysons, while Miele occupies 10% of the remainder.  The other brands must try to occupy the remaining 20%, and that's just the UK market alone.  No matter where in the world you go, there you are, and so is the Dyson.

-MH

My dear fellow, I didn't post and boast of the dyson sales.  I have no idea what they are.  DIB and now you are posting and boasting.  I think its odd that you are both quoting different numbers and amounts so authoritatively.  

Using your numbers [4 m sales in the USA per year] the annual dyson sales revenue just in the USA alone is $1.6 B [using an average of $400 per new dyson].  Using your number of $10 M for dyson vacuum sales worldwide, then annual dyson sales is $25 B [using $400 per dyson]. 

DIB said dyson sales income is $1.2 B [worldwide].  Your numbers and DIB are not even in the same ballpark.  Off by a magnitude of 10!

Do you have a source and reference for your numbers that you can share?  Maybe DIB will do the same. One/or both of you are misquoting and/or are in error.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 21, 2008 by CarmineD
Motorhead

Reply #205   Mar 20, 2008 6:21 pm
Read my question again that I presented to you TWICE, tell me what Hoover's sales figures are and I will gladly tell you more.  Cooperation goes both ways.

-MH
CarmineD

Reply #206   Mar 20, 2008 6:27 pm
Motorhead wrote:
Read my question again that I presented to you TWICE, tell me what Hoover's sales figures are and I will gladly tell you more.  Cooperation goes both ways.

-MH

My dear fellow:

I already told you several times: I have no idea what a particular vacuum brands' sales are annually.  I did not post and boast of any brand's sales numbers and revenue.  Let alone dyson.  You and DIB did.  You both are quoting very different numbers and amounts.  Where does your information come from?

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #207   Mar 21, 2008 8:23 am
CarmineD wrote:
My dear fellow:

I already told you several times: I have no idea what a particular vacuum brands' sales are annually.  I did not post and boast of any brand's sales numbers and revenue.  Let alone dyson.  You and DIB did.  You both are quoting very different numbers and amounts.  Where does your information come from?

Carmine D.

Motorhead:

I interpret your lack of response to my simple and straight forward question as either you not knowing, and/or you are unwilling to provide.  Or possibly the numbers are pulled out of the air.  [What was that you recently said: If you can't dazzle with brilliance daze with BS].

Since DIB is on vacation, he hasn't had the time and/or a means to post the source of $1.2 B dyson sales annually.  Perhaps he will and that will prompt you to do the same.  Maybe not.  Until then I can't figure out the reasons for the huge discrepancies between your and his numbers. Perhaps Airblade (Matt mmc) can help you out with the inside dyson info.  What do you say Airblade?  What light can you shed on this topic? Who's right?  Motorhead/DIB?  Or are they both wrong?

Carmine D.

Airblade

Reply #208   Mar 21, 2008 10:31 am
Well Dyson definitely didn't sell 4M vacuums in the U.S. last year.  Roughly half of that is more accurate...........which was about a 50% increase over 2006.  Wish I could tell you worldwide sales, but haven't seen them yet
CarmineD

Reply #209   Mar 21, 2008 10:43 am
Airblade wrote:
Well Dyson definitely didn't sell 4M vacuums in the U.S. last year.  Roughly half of that is more accurate...........which was about a 50% increase over 2006.  Wish I could tell you worldwide sales, but haven't seen them yet

Hello Matt:

Thanks for responding and clarifying.  The 2M dysons represent about 10 percent of the US vacuum sales market per year, which is more impressive than the numbers DIB quoted.  I suspect DIB was quoting 2006 sales which were the latest available until you posted 2007.  MH is probably posting future aggregate sales with a 10 percent inflation factor added for each year.  [You know his philosophy: Baffle with BS].

BTW, can you clarify if these dyson sales numbers are the actual POS [point of sale] to the customer?  Or sales as counted from dyson's inventory to the retailers?

Carmine D.

Airblade

Reply #210   Mar 21, 2008 12:43 pm
these would be sales from Dyson to retailer.............tough to judge actual retail sales, although retailers are placing orders every month to replenish shelves (some faster than others).  According to NPD, Dyson unit share varies between 9.5% - 10.5%, which would support your 10% number.
Replies: 201 - 210 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42