Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

no subject
Original Message   Sep 20, 2007 8:06 pm

This message was modified Oct 23, 2007 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 1 - 10 of 15NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonIsOverrated

Re: unD y s o n >>> there goes the neighborhood...
Reply #1   Sep 21, 2007 6:25 pm
Dyson had better watch out.  The original patents have run out, and other companies are taking his good filtration system and running with it.    With no monopoly on "no loss of suction", other companies can easily earn market share with knock offs.  Dyson still doesn't know how to build a decent power nozzle for American carpeting.  Dyson's canisters haven't been the most reliable either.   LG is a real up and comer.  LG has a fairly good reputation for making high end laundry appliances.   I suspect they will make good products.  If I'm not mistaken LG is producing some of the Kenmore vacuums now. 
DysonInventsBig

Reply #2   Sep 22, 2007 1:29 am
FYI, I was only joking when saying "There goes the neighborhood".  I wanted to stir up some debate (fun) and so I wrote.

Here are a few of Dysons patents, all of which remain monopolistic despite what Dirt Devil and Bissell may think.

< click to enlarge >

< "shroud" click to enlarge

Dyson's dual cyclone:

His dual cyclone has expired as we all know and whoever wants to copy can.  I have a huge problem when I watch Hoover copy James' dual and then sell it on HSN saying things like 1) This is our version of the same technologies you see on the market that sell for $300, $400, $500 and $600.  Hoover enjoys duping people.

Stolen property, multi-cyclonic:

I believe strongly that Dyson's multi-cyclonic and/or shroud are being stolen by Bissell and Dirt Devil.  Dyson is smart and applied for the broadest patents as he could as exhibited in his 1) DC14 type shroud and 2) DC14 type cyclones.  But indeed left he door wide open for other cyclonic configurations (as this LG canister), Dyson cannot patent every possible cyclone and bin configuration under the sun.  Note.  Samsung has lots and lots of patent applications that look very similar to the LG's, etc.

Dyson and LG:

• Dyson annual revenue $1 billion approx.  vs.  LG annual revenue $38 billion approx.
  • Dyson is 13 yrs. old approx.  vs.  LG is 49 yrs. old approx., etc. etc.   ...I vote for the underdog, the small guy, he independent, the free thinker, the inventor with his privately owned companies goes up and out invents huge conglomerates.

Dyson's nozzles:

Any suggestions as to remedy the Dyson nozzles' (upright and/or canister)?

DIB

This message was modified Sep 22, 2007 by DysonInventsBig

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #3   Sep 22, 2007 12:17 pm
Hello DIB

I have to say LG's DynaClean system looks very impressive, although the Compressed Model is the one being pushed in the UK at present.  It can't be long before James Dyson Root Cyclone Patent runs out!  I'm surprised nothing new has come out of the Dyson camp in terms of new cyclone technology!  Yes the Level 3 Root has but that not much of a big change!  In some ways I'm surprised Dyson hasn't done anything about LG and others that have copied and produced their version of root cyclone! 

I think Dyson is looking into filter and cyclone development as there has been some Engineer for Filter and cyclone separation Jobs going.  Hopefully one or more of the new 8 vacuums planned will have something new on them!?

DC18

This message was modified Sep 22, 2007 by DC18
M00seUK

Reply #4   Sep 22, 2007 3:58 pm
DC18 wrote:
Hello DIB

I have to say LG's DynaClean system looks very impressive, although the Compressed Model is the one being pushed in the UK at present.  It can't be long before James Dyson Root Cyclone Patent runs out!  I'm surprised nothing new has come out of the Dyson camp in terms of new cyclone technology!  Yes the Level 3 Root has but that not much of a big change!  In some ways I'm surprised Dyson hasn't done anything about LG and others that have copied and produced their version of root cyclone! 

I think Dyson is looking into filter and cyclone development as there has been some Engineer for Filter and cyclone separation Jobs going.  Hopefully one or more of the new 8 vacuums planned will have something new on them!?

DC18

The Dyson RootCyclone patent was filed around 2001/2. Patents are valid for 20 years, so still plenty of potential (and lawsuits). Dyson may well be taking people to court for infringement, although it might be a number of years before an outcome is reached.

Dyson's Level3 root cyclone appears to be a good improvement on the methods before it. The advantage it brings is allowing large amounts of fine dust to be separated. Dyson have a number of recent patent filings with regard to bleeding the dust / dirt in to a separate chamber for easier disposal. Of course, LG's invention is now the benchmark for how all others will be judged.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #5   Sep 22, 2007 5:11 pm
M00seUK wrote:
The Dyson RootCyclone patent was filed around 2001/2. Patents are valid for 20 years, so still plenty of potential (and lawsuits). Dyson may well be taking people to court for infringement, although it might be a number of years before an outcome is reached.

Dyson's Level3 root cyclone appears to be a good improvement on the methods before it. The advantage it brings is allowing large amounts of fine dust to be separated. Dyson have a number of recent patent filings with regard to bleeding the dust / dirt in to a separate chamber for easier disposal. Of course, LG's invention is now the benchmark for how all others will be judged.

Hello M00se,

Would you be kind enough to link these patent filings.  I would love to see them. 

Many Thanks.

DIB

DysonInventsBig

Reply #6   Sep 22, 2007 5:31 pm
DC18 wrote:
Hello DIB

DC18

Mr.  DC,

Glad to talk (post) with you and other Dyson folks here who enjoy inventors.  As I have said before, James Dyson is an invenor first and formost and a manufacurer second.  I too, saw the advert for the filter engineer on Dysons job postings.  Funny there is someone other than me who digs online looking for anything of Dyson. 

I have some Dyson video (small in file size) I can email you if you want.  Interviews, etc. that James did here in he US.  If interested, just send me a private message with your email address.

DIB

This message was modified Sep 22, 2007 by DysonInventsBig

M00seUK

Reply #7   Sep 22, 2007 6:11 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Hello M00se,

Would you be kind enough to link these patent filings.  I would love to see them. 

Many Thanks.

DIB

Check out US2002189451.
DysonInventsBig

no subject
Reply #8   Sep 22, 2007 7:54 pm
This message was modified Oct 23, 2007 by DysonInventsBig

DC18

Re: James Dyson >>> There goes the neighborhood - LG Cyclone DynaClean
Reply #9   Sep 23, 2007 8:48 am
Hi DIB

Nice to see there is others that share the same interest in all things 'Dyson'.   James Dyson is just so different to the norm in all things he invents with his Engineers not just the way they look but the way in which they work and perform!

I've sent you a private message of my email address.  Be interesting to see though video clips to do with Dyson!

DC18

DC18

Re: James Dyson >>> There goes the neighborhood - LG Cyclone DynaClean
Reply #10   Sep 23, 2007 8:55 am
M00seUK

Although there is still pleny of years left on the Root Cyclone technology apart from the Level 3 version and the reversal of the cyclones fromt he DC07 to the DC14 onwards not alot has progressed that we can see yet in this area on Dyson Vacuums!  Yes there may be serveral projects they are working on to improve and develope this technology but nothing has come to light as yet!  Probably the Level 3 is the way forward for now who knows what else they have in the pipeline!

The re-launch of the DC14 in the UK using the new colour scheme they could have used the level 3 root cyclone on that!

With so many now copying the root cyclone Dyson needs to stay ahead!

DC18

Replies: 1 - 10 of 15NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42