Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
vacomatic

Chinese Mieles
Original Message   Jul 28, 2007 2:42 pm
  1. Apparently the  Miele S500 series is now entirely assembled in China from chinese and  German components. 
So proclaimed the labels on the S514 I recently discovered at Linens and Things.
I wonder if this is part of a Miele policy to send older models to China for manufacturing?
And if you think the Chinese sourcing has changed its price, it hasn't - the vac (which did have a 218 series powerbrush with it) was selling for $650.
This message was modified Jul 29, 2007 by vacomatic
Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
ukvacfan

Re: Chinese Mieles
Reply #2   Aug 23, 2007 5:52 pm
Frankly I cant believe noone has noticed that the current U.S Powerhouse/whatever they are called Miele uprights are no more than Panasonic's bagged uprights here in the UK dressed up with Miele badging. Even the switches, grilles, buttons and design is all the same. And where do you think those Panasonic uprights are made? China!
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #3   Aug 24, 2007 3:22 am
ukvacfan wrote:
Frankly I cant believe noone has noticed that the current U.S Powerhouse/whatever they are called Miele uprights are no more than Panasonic's bagged uprights here in the UK dressed up with Miele badging. Even the switches, grilles, buttons and design is all the same. And where do you think those Panasonic uprights are made? China!

"Noone noticed"?  Frankly, this is a very old discussion.  I have discussed this quite a few times on this former forum, Whats the Best-Vacuum, and other forums like ivacuumcleaner.

Take some time and read through the archives.

This message was modified Aug 24, 2007 by Mike_W
mole

Reply #4   Oct 26, 2008 11:26 am
Venson wrote:

Whether to their gain or loss I'll not judge but the Chinese are looking to "make" like the big kids around the world do.  China is a very large country with an awful lot of people and it is quite easily possible for them to tool up and take on the manufacture of just about anything.  The sweet part of the deal is for producers of so-called high-end appliances such as Miele is to farm out work to parts of the world where people are willing to work for far less than in the country the company calls its homebase.  However, none of the company's savings are intended to to be passed on to the consumer.

I do not see the particular advantage of outsourcing since the guy whose job I take away here to cut my cost of manufacture by sending work elsewhere is still going to need money if he can't adapt or transfer his skills.  Eventually tax money and other public funds are going to have to kick in to assist him over the hump now and then when things get nasty -- as they will. Somewhere a hospital will have to take him or his ill child in and someone will have to foot the bill if he can't.  This is not to say that he will be given benefit of particularly significant amounts of money or stellar provision of services but all will add up and certainly amount to a lot more when you multiply that one man by the many in the same situation.

Regards,

Venson 

Hi Guys please read this post by Venson LAST YEAR,

Do you really think that MIELE is not working with the chinese?,I know for a fact that BOSCH was,the bagless jet upright was assembled in CHINA with a motor made in germany, [siemens], do companies have to really state the place of origion?

And the smoke and mirror games continue. Why dont you ask the real reasons that miele dealers are dropping the line?

Is it still a great machine now that theres no money in it?????????

MOLE

Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42