Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > No sign of any New Dyson Vacuum yet!

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

No sign of any New Dyson Vacuum yet!
Original Message   Aug 1, 2007 3:10 am
Wonder if there are any signs of a new vacuum coming out from Dyson?  I here there is some new product due to launch end of 2007 and early 2008!  Not sure what!

It's about time they launched the Dyson Digital Motor into other vacuums (not just the DC12 in Japan!).  More and more vacuums in the UK are copying the dual and root cyclone technology as well!

The DC14 has had a re-launch into the new colours in the UK:

Dyson DC14DC14 All floorsDC14 AllergyDC14 Animal™

Standard    All Floors   Allergy    Animal

This message was modified Aug 2, 2007 by DC18
Replies: 35 - 44 of 44Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mole

Re: No sign of any New Dyson Vacuum yet!
Reply #35   Sep 27, 2008 7:10 am
MOOse and D.I.B. your replys are well taken they both hit the mark.

D.I.B please dont take this the wrong way but do you have any real problems with large companies?Is it that large corporations are just some type of money making machine.  unregulated  non performing Ponzi schemes?

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #36   Sep 27, 2008 7:17 am
Motorhead wrote:
Hi Moose,

...directional control (linkage connecting to the handle), and two sets of pressure plates (right and left).  The shaft is usually driven off of a separate belt from the motor and turns the moving part of the clutch system.  When the handle is pulled back, the linkage engages the pressure plates on one side, transferring the power through the gearcase, and driving the wheels in that direction.  The same happens when the handle is pulled back except it uses the other pressure plate and the wheels are driven in the opposite direction. 

-MH

MH, M00seUK:

Good description of the SP operation. 

With HOOVER, the directional linkage is commonly called the "clutch cable."  HOOVER-s have a button in the handle grip which puts the "transmission" in neutral and allows users to wheel the Power drives/Concepts from room to room without the need for carrying.  A draw back of the SP is that when/if the clutch/transmission are disabled, there was no manual default on the SP vacuum to push and pull easily over the rugs to operate.  It was dead in the water [or should I say carpet?].  And of course in HOOVER's case it added over 5 pounds to the vacuum. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #37   Sep 27, 2008 8:19 am
mole wrote:
Any company that needs to advertise constantly does NOT have a product or service that will attract customers on its own...............

Agree or Dis-agree

MOLE

I agree that this is the case with Oreck.  I would add that a company that includes free gifts to sell an inferior product is a bottom feeder.
HARDSELL

Reply #38   Sep 27, 2008 8:20 am
CarmineD wrote:
Dave genuinely enjoys pitching his ORECK name/products nationwide.  Keeps him young.  His joy and entertainment in life.  He's probably the most recognizable face of the household appliance industry.  If he enjoys it, why not?  He's earned the right to be out there front and center with his products, regardless of the expense.  How many people in their 80's have the opportunity and choose to exercise it like Dave?  He's one of kind.

Carmine D.

None of what you said adds value to the machine.
CarmineD

Reply #39   Sep 27, 2008 8:43 am
HARDSELL wrote:
None of what you said adds value to the machine.

Hello HS:

Selling a product as Dave does, or Jim Perdue [use your own favorite pitch person] doesn't add value to it, nor is it meant to.  Using the product does!  The giveaways and grandfatherly sales pitch are to encourage people, who normally would not, to try the product.  Now, the free in home 30 day ORECK guarantee without obligation and allowing customers to keep the giveaways even if they return the ORECK, does add value.  Why? Dave is rewarding the customer at his expense for taking their time and effort to test the product. 

Recall recently, and perhaps still, that your fave brand [the subject of this thread] sold the Hand Held for $50 [a $150 MSRP] to customers with the purchase of any full size vacuum.   Does this sales promotion diminish the value of the Hand Held?  Does it send the message to people that its worth is not $150, but one-third the MSRP? You've made that claim with ORECK and the use of giveaways.  Does it apply too with your brand?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 27, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #40   Sep 27, 2008 8:57 am
Venson,
My reference to black-hearted was aimed at thieves. Knowingly buying stolen merchandise or stolen property is too black-hearted. Good folk do not knowingly buy stolen merchandise. My belief and what I have heard from eBayer’s is, most eBayer's do not know or want to know the source of NIB merchandise.

Recent news on Dyson’s being stolen...
http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080924/NEWS01/809240375/1043/NEWS01

Mole,
I have no problem with mom and pop sized corporations nor do I have a problem with multibillion dollar corporations. As I have said before, innovation and playing fair is what I look for in people and businesses. I do enjoy pointing out (over and over) the lack of talent for innovation at most of these billion plus dollar corporations (vacuum manufacturers). It is quite funny to watch.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #41   Sep 27, 2008 9:01 am
HARDSELL wrote:
I agree that this is the case with Oreck.  I would add that a company that includes free gifts to sell an inferior product is a bottom feeder.

HS:

Remember vacuums, if they are good, eat and store dirt.  That's about as down and dirty as you can get for a product!  Some companies use pretty colors [dyson] and/or false claims [halo].  ORECK uses giveaways.  In the scheme of marketing, most value conscious buyers would take the latter rather than the former.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #42   Sep 27, 2008 9:29 am
Camine, You and i both know that when oreck first came into the main stream vacuum dealers, the dealers looked at the machine and said to themselves LOOSER, this can not be denied.H.S. has a real valid point,premiums given away to sell a product is hiding the real cost.

Granted Dave and Co, have done what was not expected by the vacuum experts, The monster has been created and can not be stopped by either the vacuum industry or vacuum experts. Orecks market is liteweight and for the consumer that likes the made in U.S.A mantra. Although they should tell the public where the parts come from,its only assembled here in the states.

Yes H.S. i agree its the best 49.95 vacuum out there''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

MOLE

M00seUK

Reply #43   Sep 27, 2008 10:42 am
Motorhead / Carmine, thanks for the replies on self-propelled. It does sound complicated, but I guess no more so than was required of the design of the ball / undercarriage arrangement in Dyson’s DC15. Sounds like there are still a few years to go until contract cleaners can be replaced by robots! The commercial sector offers Dyson huge potential for growth, but they’ve yet to make an impact on the tried and tested. It would be a similar challenge as selling high priced hand driers.

I have to admire Dave Oreck in part. Although I have respect for continual product development, he’s certainly been able to successfully hold on to a certain part of the market for a long time.

In the early days of Dyson in the UK, they didn’t do any advertising at all. They quickly worked with having a disruptive product and being PR savvy brought good returns. They only really ramped up the TV commercials and went on the offensive when the dual cyclone infringing competitor, Hoover triple vortex went on the market (in around 2000, as I recall). Since then, within the sea of bag-less competitors, they’ve needed to reinforce in the minds of the buyer, the unique aspects their products offer.
CarmineD

Reply #44   Sep 27, 2008 6:51 pm
mole wrote:
Camine, ......this can not be denied.H.S. has a real valid point,premiums given away to sell a product is hiding the real cost.

Orecks market is liteweight and for the consumer that likes the made in U.S.A mantra. Although they should tell the public where the parts come from,its only assembled here in the states.

MOLE

Hello MOLE:

I don't disagree with you and HS:  Giveaways cost the buyer in some way, shape or form.  The question, as a potential buyer of the product, becomes: Do you want to pay/not pay for the giveaways.  Either way, ORECK gives buyers options with/w-o the giveaways. 

Alternatively, buyers shopping for lightweight vacuums have options:  The stand alone ORECK XL Classic at $199 on sale [w/o the giveaways]; RICCAR-SIMPLICITY for $350-$$450 [MSRP]; and/or dyson DC24 for $399 [MSRP].  Even used ORECK XL's, if the buyer is so inclined, can be had for as little as $100 at ORECK stores.  ORECK is competitive with the others.  Tho, ORECK, you would agree, is the original: The Grand Daddy of them all! 

The Federal Trade Commission [FTC] oversees companies using the label Made in the USA.  Recently, the Feds tightened the legal requirements.  By law, to use the label MADE IN THE USA, the FTC requires that  'all or virtually all' significant parts and processing are of US origin.  I'm told all or vitually all means at least 80 percent of the product components.  Companies must be able to back up the claim with proof else suffer the consequences.  

Carmine D.

Replies: 35 - 44 of 44Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42