I'm needing to purchase a new string trimmer. All of my string trimmers in the past have been "Wal-Mart" bought but I now think it's time that I purchase a quality string trimmer that will last a long time and be relatively maintainence free.
On a weekly to week basis I will be using it to edge my driveway. Every other week I'll trim the grass falling over into my mulch. About 3 times a year I'll be cutting thick weeds and brush in a 5'x50' ditch towards the back of my yard. I will not be using it to get under any small trees or bushes.
Although it seems most people recommend a straight shaft, from handling them in the store it seems the curved shaft would be easy to work with for what I need. The gentleman in the store said the straight shaft would be best because I'm so tall and it would be easier on my back.
I've narrowed down my choices to a couple models that can be found at a local 'Home Supply' store...local store with an excellent service department and very friendly/helpful people...definately deserve my business.
- Stihl FS-45 (curved shaft - although it doesn't seem as curved as other companies models, $140)
- Stihl FS-45 CE (curved shaft, easy start, $170)
- Stihl FS-55 R (straight shaft, $200)
- Stihl FS-55 CE (straight shaft, easy start, $230)
- Husquvarna 125C (curved shaft, $150)
- Husqvarna 125L (straight shaft, $200)
Can anyone give me some feedback/opinions/etc. on any of the above models?
Thank you for your help!