Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 910019 help with what I broke. Stuck auger and won't move.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
smeltjr

Ariens 910019 help with what I broke. Stuck auger and won't move.
Original Message   Nov 28, 2018 11:57 am
Snow and blizzard in Chicagoland. Tree down as well and my repowered 910019 sucked in a decent sized twig and auger and impeller will not move - maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch back and forth. Engine runs and starts fine. But machine also will not move at all when put in gear. So blower mechanics no move and drive mechanism wont work. Was going all day ok prior to that. I fished out all the wood and ice. Looking for maybe some thoughts and guidance on where to start any breakdown. Worried I may have ruined the gearbox........thanks.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Moderator Denis

Re: Ariens 910019 help with what I broke. Stuck auger and won't move.
Reply #1   Dec 1, 2018 3:50 pm
I think you friction disk rubber has gone away!

jtclays

Re: Ariens 910019 help with what I broke. Stuck auger and won't move.
Reply #2   Dec 2, 2018 8:39 pm
I'd be surprised if you broke the auger gears, those old style Ariens blowers will snap the belt long before the gears get messed up.  I have seen very few break a tooth off the coupler too, but that is rare as well.
Have you taken the belt cover off?  If both the drive and auger won't engage it sounds like the belt broke.  Should be Ariens 07204700
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42