Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Powerland line of snowblowers?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
grump

Powerland line of snowblowers?
Original Message   Nov 6, 2009 9:26 am
One is shown here: http://www.powerlandonline.com/product/PDST24/Snow_Blower_24_65_HP_on_Sale__free_shipping.html

Any information on who makes it, reliability etc appreciated.  Searching online was fruitless.

It doesn't seem to have pinned wheels....  am also curious how easily it'd navigate.
Replies: 23 - 24 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
teseglet

Powerland 24" still running after 4 years - Labor of Love
Reply #23   Apr 14, 2013 8:51 pm
Here is an update from some posts I left several years ago. Still running after 4 seasons. This Powerland snowblower is a labor of love... had to add tubes to both tires in year #2 and then get replacement belts after the originals got eaten up at an inopportune time during a storm. The shoes also were worn out after 3 seasons and needed replaced. With that said, I just summarized (? - is that the inverse of winterize?) this blower today now that winter #4 is winding down and it is still running and throwing snow, despite it's obvious low quality. The big difference between '09 and today is the cost is now 40% more (based on what I saw at some on-line sites I saw that still carry it). All told I've had to "invest" ~ $140 additional in parts and labor over 4 years to keep it going (beyond oil and gas costs). Not sure if that is normal or not. The great news is this Honda clone engine still starts on the first pull, even in sub-zero temperatures (I use Mobil 1 0W-40 synthetic in it). Over 4 years I've got roughly $600 invested in this snowblower... hopefully I can double it's lifespan from here.... but still happy with my purchase decision.
sscotsman

Re: Powerland 24" still running after 4 years - Labor of Love
Reply #24   Apr 16, 2013 10:32 pm
teseglet wrote:
All told I've had to "invest" ~ $140 additional in parts and labor over 4 years to keep it going (beyond oil and gas costs). Not sure if that is normal or not.

No, that really isnt normal at all..
for a new snowblower, really nothing at all should go wrong in only 4 years..
after 10 to 20 years, you can expect parts to begin needing replacement, but if things are going wrong immediately,
well..you know the reason! ;) I dont need to spell it out..

Im using a 40-year old Ariens, and my total investment in parts and labor over 4 years has been zero dollars,
beyond oil and gas costs..I expect it go on this way indefinitely..

Scot
This message was modified Apr 16, 2013 by sscotsman
Replies: 23 - 24 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42